PDA

View Full Version : Lost Weekend for Christina Aguilera

Chris Gaines
09-04-2000, 06:19 PM
Lost Weekend for Christina Aguilera
<br>
<br>ŠThe Associated Press
<br>
<br>SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - It was a weekend pop star Christina Aguilera would sooner forget.
<br>
<br>First, she lost her voice, forcing her to cancel a scheduled appearance at the New York State Fair on Sunday night. Then souvenir-hunters stole golf clubs, pyrotechnics and a gym bag worth more than $1,000 from her tour bus.
<br>
<br>Two Syracuse University students who had been partying with Aguilera's crew members on the bus while it was parked outside a hotel on campus were charged with larceny and burglary, police said.
<br>
<br>None of the items belonged to Aguilera.
<br>
<br>Aguilera, whose hits include ``Genie in a Bottle'' and ``I Turn to You,'' will try to reschedule the fair concert for some time in the next two weeks.
<br>
<br>AP-NY-09-04-00 1502EDT
<br>Copyright 2000 The Associated Press.N

minnesotagbfan
09-05-2000, 01:26 AM
i like christina and i hope they get to reschedule that show as i have seen her and she puts on a really good show and doesnt lip snyc like her good buddy britney does ;)
<br>
<br>russN

loreli
09-06-2000, 06:09 AM
When I saw this topic I thought she went on a bender or something..lol
<br>
<br>I'm sure her voice worries her more than anything. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

Chris Gaines
09-06-2000, 09:45 PM
Aguilera Cancels Syracuse Show
<br>
<br>.c The Associated Press
<br>
<br>
<br>SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Christina Aguilera isn't coming back - at least for now.
<br>
<br>The pop star, whose Sept. 3 concert at the New York State Fair was called off due to laryngitis, can't reschedule another show into her busy concert plans, promoters said Wednesday.
<br>
<br>``We deeply regret that a rescheduled show couldn't be fit into her remaining East coast schedule,'' Ron Baird of the booking agency Creative Artists Agency said in a statement.
<br>
<br>Fair spokesman Joe LaGuardia said all of the nearly 12,000 tickets that had been sold for the show would be refunded at purchase points.
<br>
<br>Aguilera sings pop hits including ``Genie In A Bottle'' and ``I Turn To You.'' She is scheduled to perform Thursday at MTV's video music awards in New York City.
<br>
<br>AP-NY-09-07-00 0116EDT
<br>Copyright 2000 The Associated Press.N