PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Chesney talks about Garth

Anonymous
09-02-2000, 06:33 PM
I found this article on CountryStars.com and thought I'd share it with fellow Garth fans. I know that we all know this story but I think it's really cool that Kenny knows this story. He must be a big fan.
<br>
<br>SPEAKING OF CHESNEY . . . A LESSON FROM GARTH HELPS DRIVE CHESNEY'S CAREER
<br>Kenny Chesney is one of the hardest working young acts around for a very simple reason, "I drive myself so hard to be the best," he says. And Kenny told us he found a good example of the kind of drive he has in Garth Brooks. "I heard GARTH BROOKS in an interview one time say that he was really putting so much pressure on himself, he was really working his butt off and he was you know, just going full blast. He said he went back home to Oklahoma one time and his mom could tell that he was just really drained. And he left her a note when he left. He said, 'Mom, if this killed me, I'll die happy.' You know? And it's kind of the way it is, you know. I mean I've got a chance - they let me in this game now, you know and I'm going to play as hard as I can. And then one day hopefully, I can sit back and look at what I did." (Nashville Update)
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
09-02-2000, 06:50 PM
Nice article!
<br>
<br>Garth is an inspiration to many! :)
<br>
<br>Thanks for posting the article.
<br>
<br>:cool:
<br>
<br>MoniN

splitzer
09-02-2000, 07:17 PM
I have recently "discovered" Kenny Chesney. I bought "Everywhere We Go" but it was one of those CDs that sits there and you never really listen to it, y'know? Well, I finally started listening to it, and I really like it! Anyway, this is turning into a "Other Artists" topic, so let me just say that Garth is a great act to take after. At least Kenny chooses his role models well!
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

Pilgrim
09-03-2000, 03:08 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing Anon:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

GRTH FAN
09-03-2000, 07:31 AM
Kenny Chesney is a wise man!! Very nice too!
<br>Donna :)N

minnesotagbfan
09-03-2000, 09:36 AM
kenny has good music but is now known as a horse rider..lolN

Garthfan92
09-03-2000, 05:51 PM
I wonder if Kenny kept listening to that interview. As I recall, Garth's mom responded by telling him that she could see his desire to take care of his fans. She told him the best way to do that was to make sure he took care of himself. That's one smart woman if you ask me. All I want for Garth is for him to be happy. He should make sure he takes the time he needs for himself to do that.
<br>
<br>LisaN