PDA

View Full Version : Martina McBride puts on an awesome concert!!!!

BigGfan4life
09-02-2000, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone :) Well, I saw Martina McBride in concert for the first time last night, and I have to say, I cannot WAIT to see her again! If any of you like her and have the chance to see her, GO! I cannot believe what and incredible entertainer she is - she sounds even better in person than she does on her CDs, if that's possible! ;)
<br>
<br>She opened the show with "It's My Time," and came out of the middle of these huge silver stairs that were billowing smoke...that was "very cool"! After that, she launced right into "My Baby Loves Me," and the whole audience was singing along, just like for Garth! Then, she stopped to talk to the audience a bit. It was pouring down rain and thundering and lightning, and you would have thought that all those thousands of people (not under cover) would have been in somber spirits, but she perked them right up by cracking funny jokes. She said to us, "You know, I've gotten to do a lot of neat and fun stuff during my career. A little while ago, I even sang for the President of the United States, Bill Clinton." Well, the audience decided to have a little fun by booing at the mention of Clinton's name, so McBride quipped, "Don't worry, I was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time - I figured I was safe! Timing is everything!" *LOL* After that, she sang a beautiful rendition of her latest single, "There You Are," and followed that up with all of her smash hits, including "Wild Angels," "Safe In The Arms of Love," "Happy Girl," "Wrong Again," "Whatever You Say" (she had the entire audience singing that one, too!), "Valentine," and "I Love You." Right before Valentine, she did a disappearing act and changed clothes while a huge grand piano came up through the middle of the stage, and during the song, she showed some great clips of her family on the big screens on both sides of the stage. Also, she did an absolutely FABULOUS rendition of her favorite childhood song, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow," that left most of the audience reaching for their tissues! And, in an attempt to make the skies stop soaking her, she sang "I Can See Clearly Now (The Rain Is Gone)" before she launced into powerful versions of her two biggest hits, "A Broken Wing" and "Independence Day," both of which she got standing ovations for :) Man, if you thought she could hold her breath long on her CDs, she does it twice as long in concert! I thought someone was gonna have to run up on stage and get her oxygen!! For her encores, she did the crowd-favorite "Two More Bottles of Wine" and "You're Still the One" (the old classic, NOT the Shania Twain song!). During both songs, she had her band members bring out polaroid cameras, and she snapped pictures of herself and threw them out into the audience :) Overall, it was an EXCELLENT show :)
<br>
<br>Also, I'd like to add that Chad Brock opened for her, and even though I wasn't a fan of his before last night, I am now :) He has a really clear voice and really got the audience into the music. Him and his band even lined up and did the slide (a Tim McGraw thing) and then quipped, "I'm an Indian Outlaw - I stole that from Tim McGraw." *LOL* His new song, entitled "The Visit," is really moving. He also had the entire place singing "Yes!" at the top of their lungs after he announced that yesterday was his first wedding anniversary, and instead of spending the night with her, his wife opted to come with him and let him perform :) He also signed autographs for hours after the show - he was really nice to everyone!
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
09-03-2000, 02:48 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:):):):):):):)
<br>
<br>It's sooooooo cool you enjoyed the show Shannon:):):):)
<br>
<br>Thanks A LOT for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>Very cool:cool:
<br>
<br>Brian:):cool::)N

BlueRose
09-03-2000, 07:32 AM
I'll second that Brian!
<br>
<br>Shannon,
<br>
<br>Even awesome doesn't quite describe the show that Martina puts on...I've seen her 3 times and I'll never
<br>tire of seeing her!!! :):):) She is by far very high up on my list of favorite female singers in any genre...the vocal range and strength in that tiny lady is absolutely incredible! I think I was one of a few who cheered when she talked about performing at the White House, thinking it was such an honor, not knowing she was leading into a joke. :) She's also one very sweet lady and her husband, John's very nice too. I was so glad I got approved for the meet and greet when I saw her on 7/4...it was a holiday I won't soon forget. :) She signed the sheet music to "Broken Wing" for me, which is one of my favorite songs of hers. I also gave her a framed 8 x 10 of one of my best photos of her and she thought the photo was fantastic!
<br>
<br>If you would like to post your photos somewhere, I'd love to see them!
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br><P>(This message has been edited by BlueRose)N

Jude
09-03-2000, 10:41 AM
Haven't seen her in concert but saw her at Fan Fair and at the Grand Ole Opry. My husband fell in love with her eyes. He said they are like clear blue lakes that made him want to dive in. As for Chad Brock we saw him at the Wildhorse and he is brilliat such charisma.
<br>Glad you enjoyed it - I would also like to see any photos.
<br>
<br>Jude N

minnesotagbfan
09-03-2000, 10:51 AM
i have seen the described show three times and i can only ask myself one thing...why arent martina AND clay walker up for entertainer of the year??
<br>
<br>russN

BlueRose
09-03-2000, 11:21 AM
Why not indeed Russ!! Clay Walker rocks too! I saw him last year and I'm so glad my Direct TV is showing his Houston Rodeo concert free to Direct TV subscribers all weekend! :):):) I just happened to turn on Opry Live last night and there was Martina...wooohooo!
<br>
<br>Diana,
<br>
<br>If you happen to read this...I hope your friend liked the Clay photos, there by far some of my best!
<br>
<br>CherylN

JulieLvsGB
09-04-2000, 05:35 PM
Shannon,
<br>
<br>Glad to hear you had a great time seeing Martina. I had the pleasure of seeing her in May and I wouldn't hesitate to see her again! :) I came away from the concert saying the same thing you did...."she sounds even better in person than she does on her CDs, if that's possible!" Her voice is incredible! :)
<br>
<br>JulieN