PDA

View Full Version : A rather odd compliment

enutts4gb
08-31-2000, 03:59 PM
I went to my local bookstore today to buy the latest Country Weekly with Garth's face on the cover. :) ;) So I go to the cashier and she says, "That is a really good picture of Garth." I agreed with her and grin to myself thinking, "As he always does!" She then says to me, "You know, he has great skin." I don't know you guys think, but I thought it was an odd comment. I shot her a look, like "What made you say that?" It's not that the comment was rude, it was just that I had never heard anyone say that about a person except maybe on Seinfeld. ;)
<br>
<br>Does anyone have any comments on this or if anyone has ever heard a weird comment about Garth please share! :)
<br>
<br>Erin :)
<br>N

sasteen
08-31-2000, 04:04 PM
This is not an odd compliment but it happened today and I thought it was cute.
<br>I was in the cafeteria at the hospital where I work and there was noone in sight, nobody.
<br>
<br>I hear the radio playing and Garth is singing The Dance.
<br>
<br>There was another women that came in and did not see me there either. She was waiting at the counter singing her heart out, word for word.
<br>
<br>She did not appear to look like a Garth Fan but then again, what do they look like? They come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
<br>
<br>A nice compliment to Garth. Like he says....There is nothing quite like someone singing your songs back to you.
<br>N

BLL
08-31-2000, 06:14 PM
No, it's not an odd compliment. Garth has very lovely skin and colouring; fair skin, brilliant blue eyes and the once dark, now nearly white hair. If you watch WYCBTMA you'll see a smattering of freckles, as he doesn't appear to be wearing make-up. I've often been complemented on my colouring; (very fair and blond) I'll take that compliment everytime as I'm rather ordinary looking!!!!!!!!LOL. Garth is a very good looking man, and his colouring adds to his charm.
<br>
<br>Who's to say; perhaps she's married to a dermotologist!!!!!!!!!:)
<br>
<br> LOL I can <I>SPELL<?I>, I just can't type!!!!!!
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by BLL)<P>(This message has been edited by BLL)N

enutts4gb
08-31-2000, 06:27 PM
BLL,
<br>
<br>LOL I do think that Garth is extremely handsome. I can't argue that. ;) I had just never heard that before, probably b/c I don't have the greatest looking skin. :o
<br>
<br>Sasteen,
<br>
<br>What a wonderful story!! :) Thanks for sharing!!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Erin :)
<br>
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
08-31-2000, 07:35 PM
Garth sure does have some kind of radiance about him. Was it on Donny and Marie where he said his face is so white when he was looking at a shot of Chris Gaines on the screen?N

changer
09-01-2000, 03:56 PM
Actually, on the Donnie and Marie show he kept nervously covering his mouth with his hand. She asked him what was wrong and he looked at the feedback monitor and said "I was just noticing how wide and white I am."
<br>
<br>Poor guy!! He wasn't having a good day. But he looked great to me!!
<br>
<br>changerN

sasteen
09-02-2000, 05:58 AM
Hey guys, I was at the taping of that Donny and Marie show. I live in Pa and the only other place I have been are Virginia and Ohio. I was totally in awe when I got the chance to go to Calif for the taping. A friend of the family actually works on the show and he is from a small town too. He just decided to take off to California. No, I didn't get to meet him and of course, knowing Garth, he went to the BACK of the studio to meet guests. I, of course, was in the front row and we were told not to approach him. Bummer, I was seriously depressed the whole way bakc to Pa. Well at least I was closer than I probably will ever be. Sorry to ramble, it was the only exiciting thing that has ever happened to me.
<br>
<br>ShellyN

Pilgrim
09-02-2000, 01:43 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk Women:rolleyes::rolleyes:
<br>
<br>Brian *running*;)N