PDA

View Full Version : CBS to air The Opry 75th Anniversary

Chris Gaines
08-30-2000, 05:42 AM
From: http://www.cbs.com/network/tvshows/mini/upfront (Fall Pre-view)
<br>
<br>< SPECIALS >
<br>
<br>Academy Of Country Music Awards
<br>A Charlie Brown Christmas
<br>Copperfield: The Disappearance
<br>Country Music Association Awards
<br>Faith Hill Special
<br>Frosty The Snowman-Frosty Returns
<br>A Garfield Christmas
<br>Grammy Awards
<br>A Home For The Holidays
<br>The 75th Anniversary Of The Grand Ole Opry
<br>
<br>Jason :)
<br>(cross posted to GarthTV)
<br>N

loreli
08-30-2000, 05:58 AM
WOOFREAKINHOO!!!
<br>
<br>OH YAY!!!
<br>
<br>Thats great news Jason!!
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

AZamy77
08-30-2000, 11:09 AM
{b]WOW![/b] This is the best news I've heard all day! :)
<br>Thanks for sharing. Amy N

PJ
08-30-2000, 12:38 PM
This does not necessarily mean that CBS is airing the special live. If I remember correctly, the 65th anniversary was taped and shown about a month later.N

Pilgrim
08-30-2000, 02:36 PM
Very cool, for some:eek:
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
08-30-2000, 03:51 PM
garth on tv?????????? wooooooooooohooooooooooooN

Chris Gaines
08-30-2000, 04:35 PM
PJ,
<br>
<br>as posted in the GarthTV,
<br>
<br>No one said it was gonna be LIVE :)
<br>
<br>It's gonna be aired during a weekday in November from what I been told :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

GRTH FAN
08-30-2000, 05:34 PM
Thanks Jason!!!!
<br>Donna :)N

mar_k_z
08-30-2000, 07:13 PM
Some country music fans we have here...Just kiddin. But if you know that the OPRY is a LIVE shoot every Saturday night, than you KNOW it's going to be aired as the Opry is celebrating its' 75th on October 14th. GB is there 2 nights, OCT. 13th as well, (which I just happen to have 4 extra tix) gonna be one heck of a lineup as well...
<br>I think it'll be on TNN (Owned by CBS/MTV) that evening...
<br>Hope that helped... N

redstrokes77
08-31-2000, 02:50 AM
Boy oh Boy!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>A Charlie Brown Christmas!!!!!!!
<br>
<br>debN

PJ
08-31-2000, 04:01 AM
And as I posted in GarthTV Jason...
<br>
<br>
<br>I know you didn't say it would be live Jason, but I was afraid some folks might assume it would be (like the awards shows) as I have read some responses from people saying they were relieved since they couldn't get tickets for the Saturday show.
<br>
<br>mar_k_z - usually when there are special events the Opry isn't shown as usual on Saturday nights. N

darinbunjer
08-31-2000, 06:43 AM
From what I understand, the actual Opry show will be on TNN, like always, but CBS will have its own special airing in November. Several Opry stars including Garth will be on this special describing the Grand Ole Opry.N

mar_k_z
08-31-2000, 09:06 AM
Not sure where you got the idea the Opry doesn't air things that happen on Saturday nights, they have been in one form or another, either radio or TV for over 74 years on Saturday night's, thus the "WSM" radio microphone stands which is a trademark of the Opry...
<br>But I know that tickets WERE available for Saturday Night's show, sorry to all the folks that didn't get tickets, but fact is, it's a REAL Opry show, crowd and all...
<br>Sorry to burst any bubbles, but the only things that I know about that will not be available to the public is the documentary that is being created. That is being done in dribs and drabs...
<br>N

PJ
08-31-2000, 11:40 AM
The Opry most likely will air on the radio as usual, but I was referring to the live TV broadcast on Saturday - don't be surprised if it is not aired live due to the taping for the CBS special.N