PDA

View Full Version : Does it seem like....

SweetGBFan
08-28-2000, 06:27 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like country music is treating Garth like a has been? I didnt think he had gone anywhere yet. I saw a list of the top 25 Main Stream artists and how come Garth didnt make that?
<br>George Strait wasnt on it either. Then the country music article in Country Weekly that has Garth making a comeback. I didnt realize he had officially retired yet, and since when does laying low for awhile result in a comeback? Does anyone besides me feel that while I love Faith somehow I dont see her being really popular in ten years! Boy, Garth needs to come back and show everyone what real country superstars are made of! Just makes me a little crazy when I see articles about come backs and has beens when describing Garth. As WYCBTMA spoke volumes that the fans are ready for him to come back and so Faith I like you but watch out!!!N

honky
08-28-2000, 08:11 PM
I know... the Top25 main stream list really stinks! I can't believe some of the artists being listed....
<br>
<br>Besides, I really dislike how countryweekly is constantly running articles about Garth' retirment, especially when everything is not now at all!!!:mad:
<br>
<br>I think the reason articles and stations are promoting Faith and Tim like crazy is that there aren't any other artists that really can sell like what Garth, Alan, and John Michael Montgomery used to sell (except the Chicks and Shania).
<br>
<br>But to me, Tim and Faith are not the class of 90's that really pulled up country music like it never have been.... whether is the overall country selling and the increased number of country radio stations...
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

GRTH FAN
08-28-2000, 08:22 PM
I agree with the both of you, and hope that Garth will show them, that he's laying low right now, and not having a Comeback like their saying! He just needs time, that's all!!
<br>Donna :)N

garthsgirl
08-29-2000, 03:40 AM
Yes, I, too am tired of the things that have been written about him lately. I laughed at the headline from Country Weekly. Garth never left, how could he come back??? And when they said the Gaines cd was a failure, that (oops, almost typed something I shouldn't here) made me sooo mad. Okay, we all know the album didn't sell like a typical Garth album, but they were pretty normal sales. Over 2 million copies is nothing to sneeze at. The pictures were great, though.
<br>
<br> LisaN

Pilgrim
08-29-2000, 10:02 AM
I have no problem with it:):):)
<br>
<br>What can you expect if he say he will probably retire, and then he face Hollywood instead??
<br>I think it's his own fault to a certain degree if he gets trashed:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

AZamy77
08-29-2000, 10:16 PM
I agree with everyone! Well that is except Brian! :P
<br>Go Garth! Go Garth! Go-Go-Go Garth! :cool:N

dreama
08-30-2000, 04:31 PM
Hi guys....One thing to bear in mind is the nature of the business. It is extremely competitive and the rags have to keep up on the best and brightest as well as up and coming. Remember when Garth was new and others were on top? If they had not done coverage and articles on him, the road might have been a slower, longer one for him. Garth does not need to prove anything to anybody, least of all himself to know who he is in the business and to know his fans are loyal to him no matter what he is presently doing. Which by the way is simply living life and maintaining his status; albeit from afar. He knows all he has to do is announce he is going to tour again and the tickets will be sold out in record time. He knows what he needs at this time in his life and knows he will always be...The One...The Only...Garth Brooks.N

GarthLVR88
08-30-2000, 05:32 PM
Dreama,
<br>You're new here...but I LOVE your style! A big smile swept across my face! Thanks for doin' it. :) And Garth, if you happen to be reading, YOU'VE GOT A BELIEVER IN ME. ;)
<br>
<br>BRIAN!
<br>Like an M&M, you're hard on the outside...but on the inside, you're a sweetie! :)
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

GRTH FAN
08-30-2000, 05:40 PM
Rachel, That's cool about the M & M!! I think that describes him perfect!!
<br>Donna ;):)N

no1cowgirl
08-30-2000, 06:25 PM
I see what yer saying, but I guess this is the standpoint I've always been at.
<br>
<br>While Garth has been welcomed with open arms by the world, Nashville, I believe has always shuned him. I don't think he's ever really been 100% accepted by all in the country music business--such as some other artists have. I believe that there are many reasons why this is--none of them are legitamit, but SOME (NOT ALL!!!!!) people in Nashville seem to think so. While Garth has been accepted by the majority, in MY EYES and the eyes of some others--Garth has never, and will never be accepted by all. But, as fans of the music, I think we all know that he deserves all the credit, recognition and respect in the world. And no matter who gives up on Garth, I know I never will because his music means the world to me. I count on my fellow Garth fans to do the same. :)
<br>
<br>Oh, BTW, Drema--I agree--Garth has no need to prove anything to anyone.
<br>
<br>KristaN

no1cowgirl
08-30-2000, 06:29 PM
Oh, also....as a sidenote--
<br>
<br>I would say expect magazines and people to act like Garth has 'given up' and 'retired' already because it's a big story and there's a lot of 'controversy' and an element of suspense to the story. This is news, and people will make assumptions and say what they want about Garth coming or going. Especially Journalists--studying this in high school I understand why they are covering this story with 'what if's' 'cause it's so suspenseful. :) Just remember yer a Garth fan. :)
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

fuzzwuzz
08-30-2000, 06:46 PM
Uh? Come back from what? Where did Garth go? Is he hiding out somewhere where we can never find him again? I'll always have the part he's already given me in his music. And Chris is not a flop. Garth Gained me because of him!N

Pilgrim
08-31-2000, 04:20 AM
*LOL* @ Rachel & Donna:):):):)
<br>
<br>Huuuh??;);)
<br>
<br>BrianN

SueMc
08-31-2000, 09:29 AM
Yes, I get the distinct feeling Garth is being ignored by the mainstream - we printed the CMA Award nominees in our September issue of our magazine, and I couldn't see Garth's name anywhere :(
<br>Actually it seems to be the same old names year after year with only a few changes - or am I getting jaded?;)
<br>Ah well, we love him.
<br>Sue :cool:N

garthistheman
08-31-2000, 04:56 PM
I think country music has never really taken Garth seriously. I feel they are treating him like an outcast.
<br>
<br>In my opinion, Garth will always be the man. He is so great.
<br>
<br>
<br>TammyN