PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favorite....

GarthLVR88
08-27-2000, 12:39 PM
Songwriter featured on one of Garth's albums? I'm sure most people don't really think about who "wrote" the song...but if you've ever tried to write one, I think you'd have noticed! Well..Some of my faves are:
<br>1. Tony Arata (Great with words...one of the best!)
<br>2. Pat Alger (Once again, knows how to put what he feels into a song!)
<br>3. Kent Blazy (He and Garth work GREAT together!)
<br>4. And last but not least..Garth himself! I think some people take his song writing skills for granted, but he is really great at writing! And singing..and talking..and hugging...and..okay, I'll stop there!;)
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

Pilgrim
08-27-2000, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, none really:eek:
<br>
<br>BUT!! If I have to choose one it must be Garth:)
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

MDgarthgirl
08-27-2000, 03:10 PM
My favorite songwriter for Garth...is Garth. Now before you slap a big ol' "Captain Obvious" sign on me, lemme elaborate.
<br>
<br>No one knows better what all is going on inside him than him, excluding a higher power he often mentions. Even if he gets a little help from others putting it into words, he's still the clearest window to his soul.
<br>
<br>For example, "Which One Of Them" is one of my favorite songs. When he attributes the phrase "simplicity is genius" to Bob Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love", I often think to echo the sentiment to his work.
<br>It's a simple idea, but with depth, and he's made it flow beautifully from verse to chorus. The minor-tinged melody adds to the soulful performance of the ballad.
<br>
<br>...Either him or Pat Alger. ;) *heehee*
<br>
<br>Nash
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
08-27-2000, 07:07 PM
What about the dudes who write for Chris Gaines? Tommy Sims, Wayne Kirkpatrick, and Gordon Kennedy. Where would Chris be without them guys?
<br> And wouldn't ya just love to see Chris do a Garth song with Garth? You know, one they write together? And SING together! Hey, I can dream!N

redstrokes77
08-28-2000, 02:27 AM
Victoria Shaw
<br>
<br>Jenny Yates
<br>
<br>debN

minnesotagbfan
08-28-2000, 09:40 AM
i think that garth is the most amazing songwriter that there is
<br>
<br>russN

honky
08-28-2000, 10:25 AM
Deb,
<br>
<br>I agree with you totally!!! :)
<br>
<br>My favorite songwriters are:
<br>
<br>1.Jenny Yates:
<br>She cowrote "Standin't outside the fire", "When you come back to me again".. and many others :)
<br>
<br>2.Garth Brooks:
<br>I like his lyrics :) Songs like "We Shall Be Free", "A world without you", and "Belleau Wood" are just fantastic!!
<br>
<br>3.Stephanie Davis:
<br>She and Garth cowrote "We Shall Be Free" :)
<br>
<br>4.Tony Arata:
<br>He wrote "The Dance"!!!
<br>
<br>5.Pat Alger:
<br>He also cowrote many hits like "Unanswered Prayers",..etc.
<br>
<br>6.Victoria Shaw:
<br>"The River"!!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>Well...there are too many that I like. But really, JENNY YATES and STEPHANIE DAVIES are my 2 favorites!!
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy
<br>
<br>N

ferretcrazy
08-28-2000, 01:28 PM
Tommy..."A World Without You"..??? I dont know that one? Where can it be found? Thanks! :)
<br>
<br> JoanN

GBsMydance
08-28-2000, 01:51 PM
A World Without YOU..
<br>It is from a Red Cross special.. a Year ago last christmas eve..
<br>The song was sung as a duet with Trisha..
<br>It is awesome, and probably one of my most favorite songs. The words are so beautiful.. I still find myself humming it occasionally
<br> Pam KN

major tom
08-28-2000, 04:35 PM
Pat Alger (& Garth's) lyrics. :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

garthistheman
08-28-2000, 05:45 PM
Garth is the best songwriter. He is great.N

GarthLVR88
08-29-2000, 12:47 PM
*points to self* Sorry 'bout that! I was tellin' Nash the other day how I accidentally chose all men! How could I..LOL. Well, I absolutely LOVE Jenny Yates, Victoria Shaw, and Stephanie Davis. And I have to say..Sandy contributes to songs every once in a while! Oh, and Trisha did an awesome job with "Main Street". I thought that was very cool of her to write some "Pop/R&B" stuff...As for the rest of the "Chris" writers...Definately Wayne Kirkpatrick, Tommy Sims, and DUH! Gordon Kennedy is awesome! Hmm...other favorites...Soon I'll be able to say "Stephanie Shade.." ;) When she gets published! Right? Muahahahaa...Bitter? NEVER! :) I'll be back with some more later!
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

AZamy77
08-29-2000, 09:55 PM
If they write for Garth or Chris then they're all my favorites! Garth being #1 of course!! :eek:
<br>
<br>So, my answer is: All of the above! :)
<br>
<br>AmyN