PDA

View Full Version : Songs we dont especially like!

lornski
08-27-2000, 03:31 AM
I know I may be crossing a line here but as everyone has their favourite GB tune or ten, I thought it would be interesting to find out which songs people arent too fond of.
<br>
<br>Mine would have to be as follows:
<br>
<br>Nobody Gets Off in this Town
<br>Mr Blue
<br>Mr Right
<br>Its Midnight Cinderella
<br>
<br>Don't hate me!!!!
<br>
<br>Hope to hear your views soon
<br>
<br>LORNA
<br>N

Pilgrim
08-27-2000, 04:51 AM
Hmm.
<br>
<br>I can't stand "I Know One"
<br>What an awful song:(
<br>
<br>I also skip "The Dance" occasionally:eek: it is soooo boring:eek:
<br>
<br>"Cowboys And Angels" is another one I skip. :eek::eek: It is so lame:(
<br>
<br>That's about it:) But it is only the first one I NEVER listen to:)
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

major tom
08-27-2000, 04:57 AM
I've got a few but the one I always skip is "Two of a kind" it is too sappy. :eek:
<br>
<br>KirstyN

Vanessa
08-27-2000, 06:54 AM
I agree with Brian, I too skip "I Know One" It's a ba song :(. On Garth's other CD's for example: The Chase, I'll skip all of the old songs and listen to the "new" ones. :)I skip 'em because I've have 'em already to listen to on The Hits. :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Garth2Gaines
08-27-2000, 07:25 AM
I'll stand up for I know one :) The lyric's are cool and it's a really sad song which I can relate to:( It grew on me after a period of time...
<br>
<br>Here's mine...
<br>AHBA
<br>The night I called the old man out
<br>Rollin
<br>Keys to my heart
<br>Kickin & screaming
<br>
<br>Thats the only ones I don't care for...
<br>
<br>dwayneN

Lowell Miller
08-27-2000, 08:59 AM
I like them all....but if you had a gun to my head and I had to pick one. It would be "It's Midnight Cinderella". When I first heard that I was like, Garth did not just say Peter, Peter Pumpkin eater did he???? :eek:N

honky
08-27-2000, 10:47 AM
Dwayne,
<br>
<br>:eek: You don't like "In Pieces" do you? *LOL* You already mentioned 3 songs that you don't like from that album!!!
<br>
<br>How can you not like "The Night I call the old man out"? :eek: lol
<br>
<br>
<br>Brian, I knew you would mention that song!! "I know one..."
<br>
<br>Kirsty, *LOL* "Two of a kind" is one of my favorites :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Lowell, Yeah.. I don't really care for the song either :eek: It's not that I don't like it.. but I just won't purposely tune up for that one when I drive :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Ok, here are the songs I am not too fond of:
<br>
<br>I KNOW ONE (yes, this one is weird!!!)
<br>LONESOME DOVE (never ever finish listening this song:eek:)
<br>FIT FOR A KING (oh oh.. this one is totally weird!!)
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy
<br>
<br>
<br>N

SweetGBFan
08-27-2000, 10:49 AM
Sorry I cant think of a Garth tune I dont like. I guess of all his songs my least favorite would be hmmm.. nope still cant think of any!!N

Garth2Gaines
08-27-2000, 11:02 AM
Tommy, I love Baton Rouge, Red Strokes, and One Night a day, but with the songs I mentioned above, In Pieces is last on the studio album chart of mine:( Though I love it dearly:)
<br>
<br>I like the mix version of It's Midnight Cinderella, you can hear Trisha alittle louder then the lp version:) But you have to listen closely for her till you pick her out...
<br>
<br>I love Lonesome Dove, I remember hearing it on the radio in Tennesse and was amazed, and I guess they liked it to, since it was never released:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

Pilgrim
08-27-2000, 01:33 PM
Tommy:)
<br>How come you knew I would say "I Know One"??;);)
<br>That song definitely sucks:( It's not only a bad Garth song, it's a bad song in general for all genres:( YUCK:(
<br>
<br>
<br>Dwayne:)
<br>I LOVE "In Lonesome Dove":):) Actually it is on the other side of the scale by me;) It is one of my absolute favorites:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

NewestGBFan
08-27-2000, 06:32 PM
The Man put out over 100 songs so I think it is OK to dislike 4 of them :) :
<br>4 AHBA
<br>3 The Fever
<br>2 Dixie Chicken
<br>1 (The Worst :( ) It's Midnite Cinderella
<br>
<br>ElaineN

major tom
08-27-2000, 10:15 PM
Tommy
<br>
<br>"Lord I need that little woman
<br>Like the crops need the rain
<br>She's my honeycomb and I'm her sugar cane"
<br>
<br>What were they thinking. :eek: It was lyrics like this that kept me away from country music. :(
<br>
<br>Kirsty
<br>N

loreli
08-28-2000, 04:47 AM
LMAO Kirsty :)
<br>
<br>I really HATE AHBA....YUCK
<br>
<br>It's Midnight Cinderella isn't so hot either or I Know One. :(
<br>
<br>LoriN

honky
08-28-2000, 10:31 AM
Hahahaaha....
<br>
<br>Kirsty, that is funny!!
<br>
<br>Well, I don't really mind that kind of lyric :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Ok.. here is my question: WHAT IS WRONG WITH AHBA?
<br>
<br>Many of you mentioned this song as your least favorite... but personally, I think this song has a good beat though :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy
<br>
<br>
<br>N

NewestGBFan
08-28-2000, 11:02 AM
Tommy,
<br>
<br>I can't really tell ya what is wrong with AHBA but from the moment I first heard it, I didn't like it and it hasn't grown on me much. I don't drink or hang out in bars. Maybe that is it. But I do like FILP so go figure...
<br>
<br>ElaineN

jlm1
08-28-2000, 07:27 PM
Am I the only one here who likes "Midnight Cinderella"? I think that whoever wrote it (I don't know if it was Garth or not) has quite a sense of humor and a real way with words. It is FULL of innuendos (sp?) that I really get a kick out of. But what's up with Beaches of Cheyenne? Last I heard, Wyoming was land-locked. Or is there something I'm missing about this song? N

jacsan1451
08-29-2000, 12:01 PM
I love the song "Midnight Cinderella". But I would have to admit that I really don't like the song "Thunder Rolls" (I hope I haven't offended anyone). Jackie N

thedance_2000
08-29-2000, 12:26 PM
I respect others opinions... bu considering The Dance changed my life, its hard for me to understand someone not liking it. Also, I think "In Lonesome Dove" is so beautiful. This and Cowboy Bill are really special to me, because my greatgrandpa use to tell stories about riding with the Texas Rangers.
<br>
<br>I admit though I'm not a fan of "Cowboys and Angels" or much of a fan of "I've Got a Good Thing Going"
<br>
<br>Love the man still,
<br>KateN

Lowland_Kid
08-30-2000, 03:38 AM
<br>Well, I can only think of 1 song that I don't really like, even though I totally agree to the message that it bears:
<br>
<br>We Shall Be Free
<br>
<br>I won't skip it, but it is definitely not one of my favorites...
<br>
<br>MarjolijnN