PDA

View Full Version : What would we do if....

Vanessa
08-26-2000, 12:50 PM
Garth retired? How would life be? I know that we all would be sad, but IMHO, I would be very happy for Da Man because now he can spend time with his family. :) I don't want him to suffer, that would be bad. :( What do ya'll think?
<br>
<br>I've been comtinplating asking this question for about a month and half. I don't know why though I guess I never got around to it. :) But I'm glad that I did!! :)
<br>
<br>Thanks! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Garth1
08-26-2000, 01:18 PM
Is there life after Garth ? Yes, there is. :(
<br>But I don't want him to retire. This may be very selfish, but that's just how I feel. :P
<br>
<br>Paul. :)N

ShellyGirl
08-26-2000, 01:42 PM
I sure would miss the MUSIC :( :(N

Pilgrim
08-26-2000, 02:00 PM
I still have Springsteen:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

MDgarthgirl
08-26-2000, 03:47 PM
I would miss him dearly. I've never seen anyone put as much energy and soul into performing as he does. I've never seen him in concert, but thanks to the miracle of NBC, I've caught this guy's work. Not bad. ;)
<br>
<br>He's a wonderful mentor for music, and for so much more. I know he'd never admit it (that's what we're here for), but I think I'd miss *him* more than his music. Don't get me wrong, his music is like nothing I've ever experienced. But, like I said, there's so much more to him. His magnetic personality, his take on life, the way he *feels* more than the norm. He laughs longer, he cries harder, he loves stronger.
<br>
<br>I think I'd take it day to day, rediscovering everything in life that he's introduced me to...and, for lack of a better phrase, move on. I'd wish him well and pray for adventure and peace to be found in whatever he does.
<br>
<br>And for that final all-too-optimistic view of things...it's a small world. (No need to sing the song ;)) I'm sure I'll see him again somewhere.
<br>
<br>NashN

phillygirl4garth
08-26-2000, 05:12 PM
Vanessa....
<br>
<br>Go to your cd collection....pick out your favorite Garth CD. Play it.....close your eyes.....now open them facing the PG home page......post your thoughts, feelings.....talk with your PG family......
<br>
<br>Garth will always be with us. In our hearts. In his music. Retired or not. Garth to me is not just a person, he is a way of life.....inspiration through music....we may not have as many Garth adventures per say.....we may not get much "new" music....but we will always have what he has given us and nobody will ever be able to take that from us.....
<br>
<br>He has given all of us great music obviously....given many us a doorway to walk through....and for me past that doorway has been many great times that I could never forget.....concerts, My New York adventure where I shared a room with people I had never met face to face but I wasn't even concerned about it....new friends....and best of all because of him (and Brandon of course) we have Planet Garth.....I can't picture any of us leaving this place just because Garth retired.
<br>
<br>So what would I do.....be sad for a short time.....go on.....relive my memories....spend an obnoxious amount of time reading posts at PG.....:)
<br>
<br>DeniseN

Vanessa
08-26-2000, 10:05 PM
Thank you all very much for your responses! :) I agree with all of you about what you said, especailly you Denise, very :cool:!! :) I think I'll take your advice and go and do it! :) BTW, my favorite GB CD is DL! :) Thanks again ya'll! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

garthsgirl
08-27-2000, 04:46 AM
Like everyone else, I would be sad. But I have many memories that will stay dear to me. And also, as someone stated, no one can ever take that or the incredible music away. I will always have that. Mostly though, I'd be glad his decision was finally made so everyone (including Garth himself) can move on. The decision has to be a tough one. LisaN

fuzzwuzz
08-27-2000, 05:58 AM
I just got picked up on this ride and I am not planning to get ditched at the side of this road none too soon. Garth says he's mine as long as I want him. Guess he's stuck with me then!N

no1cowgirl
08-27-2000, 07:56 AM
Hey all...you can't miss the music. Because the music will ALWAYS be there. It'll live forever....and that's how Garth will live forever. :)
<br>
<br>Amen Denise. :)
<br>
<br>KristaN

fuzzwuzz
08-27-2000, 06:18 PM
He's safe in my heart.N

SeaGBfan
08-27-2000, 06:48 PM
I agree with Denise,
<br>
<br>I hope he doesn't retire but if he does, well life goes on and I appreciate what he has done. But I have to say, I would LOVE one more country album! He picks the greatest songs and I have not found anyone else in country music who comes close to Garth. (Brad Paisley is probably the best of the bunch but not in Garth's league.) Let's hope he decides to do at least one more, wouldn't that be too cool!!
<br>
<br>MaryN