PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Garth Videos

elvisfanforever
08-25-2000, 07:14 PM
I'm working on building a Garth video collection.
<br>Since Garth's career has been around so long, at first, I'm trying to focus on his music videos& compilations.
<br>So far, I have...
<br>1) This Is Garth Brooks, which features 15 songs.
<br>2) Project H.O.S.S. (Help Our Schools Survive)which features Garth, and a huge number of other country artists.
<br>3) The Garth Brooks Video Collection: Volume II.
<br>4) Promotional Music Video: The River
<br>5) Promotional Music Video: Garth as Chris: Right Now
<br>6) CD Rom Music Video: Lost In You
<br>7) Taped from TV Music Video: When You Come Back To Me Again.
<br>My Question(s)
<br>In the Garth Brooks Video Collection Volume II, Garth talkd about their "First" video compilation, featuring songs such as "The Thunder Rolls", "The Dance", & "If Tomorrow Never Comes". What is the exact name of that video compilation? I am not sure if that one is "This Is Garth Brooks" because that one has those songs on it, but also a lot of others,..15 total. Is this one the first compilation? In GB Video Collecion Volume II, Garth refers to the first one simply as "Garth Brooks", & this one is titled "This Is Garth Brooks", so I'm unsure of the facts here, and having doubts. Also, at the beginning of that video,..it mentions"coming soon..Garth Brooks Too".
<br>Was that one released to the public? I've never seen it for sale.
<br>If that was a TV Special, does anyone (PJ ?) have a copy, or could they make me a copy? I've also heard mention of something called "To Ireland & Back"..is this also a TV Special, or Released Video? As above,..does anyone have a copy, or would they consider making me a copy?
<br>Last: Is anyone knoweledgeable about which songs were actually released as music videos for TV, such as the 2 I have promotional copies of, and which ones have videos that exist, but weren't released to the music video channels, and what are the sources for these?
<br>Does anyone who is capable of taping these things have the full Chris Gaines Special on VH1? I have a copy, but it was at the end of a tape, and I didn't get the last 25 minutes of that show...I'd like to get the whole thing.
<br>Odd as it may be to ask this question in August...has Garth done only one Christmas Program?, such as the one with Natalie Cole, Tony Bennett, & Trisha Yearwood? Are there others??are they TV Specials like this, or did he ever do any Christmas Videos for the music channels?
<br>I recently got a copy of his Christmas Special, & Garth looks so relaxed and genuinely happy...not a care in the world. Was this made in 1999? I think so, because he mentions it will be the first Christmas without his mother. Someone, please confirm this?
<br>Does he have any other Christmas Specials?
<br>Oh yes, this is not about a music video or special, but I'll ask anyway?..What does anyone know about a video called Garth Brooks-His Life From Tulsa To The Top:..I've seen this one around a couple times,and know nothing about it. It is referred to as "unauthorized".
<br>Is this one a bootleg?
<br>I know this is a lot of questions, but I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.
<br>If there are any kind of cool videos, that anyone can recommend, would you please mention their name, and information about them?
<br>Thanks,
<br>:) Lester
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Garth2Gaines
08-26-2000, 04:57 AM
I'll see if I can help:)
<br>The first video collection of Garth's is called simply Garth Brooks and has THE DANCE, IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, and THUNDER ROLLS plus interview footage.
<br>
<br>This is GB, too was never released anywhere in the world to the public:( ...yet...
<br>
<br>Garth, to Ireland and Back was not released in the States, but it was released in Ireland along with the Ireland cover of Double Live, but few were made:(
<br>
<br>It was his first Christmas special that aired last year on NBC. Though he and Trisha joined Kenny Rogers for a CHRISTmas special for TNN a long time ago...
<br>
<br>Tulsa to the Top is just a unauthorized biography of Garth, I don't have it, so I can't tell you what's one it:(
<br>
<br>Don't forget the Central Park home video, you didn't mention that, it was released to the public in January of 1998:)
<br>
<br>There is another home video that was released, Hunks with Hats Nuff said on that one:)
<br>
<br>As far as promo videos and such, can't help you there, either, I don't have any:(
<br>
<br>Hope this helps alittle...
<br>
<br>dwayne
<br>N

PJ
08-26-2000, 02:13 PM
Off the top of my head, here are Garth's music videos:
<br>
<br>If Tomorrow Never Comes
<br>The Dance
<br>Thunder Rolls
<br>The River (live)
<br>We Shall Be Free
<br>Standing Outside the Fire
<br>Ain't Going Down (Live)
<br>Callin' Baton Rouge (Live)
<br>Red Strokes
<br>The Change
<br>In Another's Eyes
<br>That Ain't the Way I heard it (w/ Trisha)
<br>To Make You Feel My Love
<br>One Heart at a Time
<br>Lost in You
<br>Right Now
<br>$5 Fine (Chris LeDoux)
<br>When You Come Back to Me
<br>
<br>If I forgot any, someone please add to my list.N

PJ
08-27-2000, 08:46 AM
Garth also makes a cameo at the end of Charlie Daniels' live video of Devil Went Down to Georgia.N

shaoon
08-27-2000, 09:56 AM
Just as a matter of interest and of no help what so ever (unless you live in Scotland ;)) I have some info about TV appearances.
<br>
<br>During his visit to Scotland on his world tour, he recorded an half hour chat show with Kirsty Young, where he chatted answered questions from the audience and sang Vincent and If Tomorrow Never Comes.
<br>
<br>The BBC (our prestigeous TV leader and maker of Fawlty Towers) also showed a slightly editted version of This Is Garth Brooks Too. They have a contract to show these kinds of concerts edited as the veiwers will be more likely to buy a retail version if the televised version is shortened.
<br>
<br>I am fortunate to have both of these on tape(even though Lorna wants rid of the Kirsty show -she was in the audience and simply sat staring at the man for the entire time, but then she hadn't met me yet... no sniggering at the back) as well as his numerous appearences on "Tonight with Jools Holland..." (ex of The Squeeze - "Cool For Cats" and all that).
<br>
<br>These are of course probably no help to you anyway, but I thought you might like to know. If anybody is interested in cataloguing these kind of appearances, I'll try and look out what he sang and that kind of thing.
<br>
<br>Shaun N

Pilgrim
08-27-2000, 01:44 PM
Dwayne is right about "To Ireland & Back":)
<br>
<br>It was not released in USA, but only as a limited series in Ireland:) I have it anyway:P
<br>
<br>"From Tulsa To The Top" is okay:) I have the DVD of it:)
<br>It is an "unauthorized" biography:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

PJ
08-27-2000, 05:12 PM
I didn't know that Tulsa to the Top is available on DVD. Is that just in the UK or is there a US DVD available as well?
<br>
<br>I have the Ireland & Back video as well even though I can't play PAL videos.N

Garth2Gaines
08-28-2000, 04:57 AM
I don't have <sniff sniff, whipe tear away> offically released copy of it <sniff> but do have it recorded from the TV...
<br>
<br>I need so much more stuff it's not even funny:(
<br>I'm about ready to beg for help from everybody;)
<br>dwayne N

Garth2Gaines
08-28-2000, 05:00 AM
He also had a small part in George Jones I don't neeed your rocking chair, along with everyone else at the time:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

Pilgrim
08-29-2000, 04:38 AM
PJ
<br>
<br>I know nothing about that, but I can check out in Copenhagen to see if they have any left in the store if you want me to :):)
<br>
<br>This is in DK, but I know it is also available in UK:)
<br>
<br>Brian
<br>
<br>N

angelamccann
08-29-2000, 05:38 AM
I'm losing track here - is this the official release of Ireland and Back we're discussing? I only know of one supplier of the video - somewhere in amongst my emails is their contact details, and I'll dig those out and mail them if you need it, Dwayne (assuming they still have them in stock). If there's one in Denmark Brian will soon fish it out - he has a knack with these things as I've discovered!
<br>
<br>Angela xN

angelamccann
08-29-2000, 05:41 AM
Lester, I sourced my first Garth Brooks 'video collection' (with The Dance, Thunder Rolls and If Tomorrow Never Comes) from Borders (www.borders.com) - you might want to try searching for Garth Brooks in the video section there. It's not the only online store that might be able to supply the video, but I picked up a couple of things from them and they just spring to mind first.
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Pilgrim
08-29-2000, 09:51 AM
Angela:)
<br>
<br>We are talking the official released version of I&B:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garth2Gaines
08-29-2000, 01:06 PM
Yep, I have it on VHS, but I copied it from TV, and me being a GB collector, I'd kill for the offical version:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

PJ
08-29-2000, 05:16 PM
Dwayne - you wouldn't be able to watch the released home video version unless you have a PAL formated VCR.N

Garth2Gaines
08-29-2000, 05:21 PM
I know:( Just would be nice to have one of the very few copies out there;)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

angelamccann
08-30-2000, 04:57 AM
Thanks Brian - I wasn't sure what with the way the discussion was bouncing around!
<br>
<br>Angela xN