PDA

View Full Version : My ramblings.....

Vanessa
08-24-2000, 10:20 PM
Hi ya'll! :)
<br>
<br> I'm not sure how to write this but I'll try my best. Considering that all of my thoughts are intertwined with each other, it's hard to think of just one thing to say. Jeez I feel like Tom Cruise in "Jerry Mcguire" (sp?) (great movie!!!! very funny!! :)) when I'm typing this. So give me a chance to figure this out, okay? Here goes nothing: Okay, I've heard that people have been "affected" (Is that the right word to use?) when they meet Garth. They say that Garth has changed thier lives. I've never met Garth and I've never been to one of his concerts. :( I posted somthing like this in the topic REAL FANS. I guess I kinda expected a reaction from people who read it, but I didn't get one. So here I am writing this wondering if anyone will answer.
<br>
<br>I haven't really been affected by Garth, I mean the only reason that I listen to his music is because I love country music. I like GB because of the way that he seems to love and cherish every single one of his fans. He seems like a very down to earth guy (from what I've heard) so on and so forth. I also like him because of the man that he was, is and will become. Whenever, I read stories of people who have met Garth, it makes me happy for them, I enjoy seeing the pictures and reading the stories. :) It's fun for me. :) I guess I just feel left out because I don't know what it's like to meet him. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll try my best; I feel like an outsider in a new school. Not knowing what to do or what to say. Is this such a bad thing? Has this ever happened to any of you.
<br>
<br>Ya'll say that garth has helped you through the good times and the bad. I have been at the bad times, I'll say that. But during thise bad times, I didn't listen to Garths' music, does that mean that I haven't seen "affected" at all by Garth? I'm confused!!! :eek: :eek: Can anyone help me figure out my problems?? Is anyone understand what I'm saying???
<br>
<br>Thanks! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

smitten
08-24-2000, 11:18 PM
Hi Vanessa,
<br>
<br>Don't feel left out - the number of people who have met garth are relatively small (but lucky :) ) - there are lots of us who have never even been fortunate to go to a concert let alone meet him.
<br>
<br>The stories of the people who have met Garth, are really touching, and show Garth to be a very genuine caring person, who has not got an inflated ego. He remains true to himself.
<br>
<br>I don't know him - but I do know that I enjoy his music and the people here on PG, because lets face it - as Lori says - our friends are sick to death of hearing about him ,and are not remotely interested in his shoe size.
<br>
<br>So don't feel left out. It is enough to just enjoy his gifts that he shares with us. I personally don't have any asperations to meet him, but am happy that others have had the pleasure of the experience.
<br>
<br>Enjoy, enjoy :)
<br>
<br>Cheers Ana :)N

Vanessa
08-24-2000, 11:24 PM
Ana,
<br>
<br> I love ya! :) What else can I say?? Thanks formyour help! :) No, I don't feel left out in the dark anymore! :) :) Very :cool:!! :) Thanks again!! :) I really apprecaite it! :)
<br>

major tom
08-25-2000, 12:33 AM
Vanessa
<br>
<br>I agree with everything Ana said. I'm very new to Garth's music (he'd stopped touring before I started listening) but I love it and the people on PG. :)
<br>
<br>I love all of your threads as I get to read the answers to questions I never asked myself. :):)
<br>
<br>Kirsty N

Loni_mmg
08-25-2000, 07:35 AM
Hi Vanessa,
<br>Don't feel bad or left out. Everyone is different. Some people can go to every show he's going to be on, some people can buy his cd's because they like the music and not him necessarily. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to have to be follow Garth around the world. Being a fan is just appreciating his music. That's how every one got to be a fan. It all started with the music. Now, I've never met Garth face to face or have talked to him. But I am hoping one day I will meet him. But that's me.
<br>If everyone was the same, what kind of world would this be?
<br>
<br>Loni :)N

Vanessa
08-25-2000, 11:30 AM
Thans ya'll for your help. I feel much better now! :) Darn I feel like I was depressed or something. :eek: I've never been like that and I hope to never be depressed :)heheheheh :) Thanks again! :)
<br>

Pilgrim
08-25-2000, 02:30 PM
I agree with Ana and everybody else:)
<br>
<br>Don't feel left out:)
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N

fuzzwuzz
08-25-2000, 06:41 PM
Vanessa, though I met Garth briefly when he came spring training near my town, I feel as if I first officially met him through the music of Chris Gaines. I had no intention of getting into Garth but now I can't get enough. And I'm finding there is always so much more to learn about him through his music, videos, and especially all the other fans who love him too. It's as if he is here with us because he is in our very hearts. We can enjoy him in each other!
<br> You yourself have quite an inquiring mind. Thanks for all the thought provoking topics. We are learning from you!N

crazyaboutgarth
08-25-2000, 08:12 PM
Vanessa, I cannot put my finger on the exact reason why I love Garth so much. I have never met him :( but I have just a deep feeling about him. It is very hard to explain. I must say that when I am feeling down I put on a Garth song and it honestly brings me up. Try to explain it I can't. The sight of him, the sound of him just does really strange things to my insides!!!!
<br>
<br>This is the only place that I can come and I feel like people understand the way that I feel.
<br>
<br>Don't know if I helped but that's the way it is for me!N

AZamy77
08-25-2000, 11:42 PM
Hey Vanessa! :) Smiley girl! :)
<br>
<br>Just 3 words... I was blessed. :) That is how I have felt since meeting Garth. His music has been like my friend since '89. Angels are the only way I can explain getting to work for the Padres last year when Garth was here. It was my second year working for them. But never, in my wildest dreams, would I have thought I'd get this dream of a lifetime. I knew Garth's songs were inspirational, but I didn't know that he also was inspirational to be around. I didn't know the kind-hearted, down-to-earth, God-loving, family loving,(should I go on?) man that he is. I mean, I admired him immensely before I was blessed to meet him. And after I met him, my respect and admiration for him went off the scale. He has this aura about him that gives you this peaceful, happy feeling. Seeing how he gets right in there with the fans. Witnessing the most popular country singer be so genuinely caring for his fans was something I'd love all the world to see. He is like the Padres said of him, "someone the big baseball players should take some pointers from." So, even though I admired him for his music before I met him, the affect(yes affect) he left on me will last a lifetime. I hadn't thought of God much in awhile until I met Garth. I always prayed, but after meeting him, I just wanted to turn into a prophet! But 'this ain't comin' from no prophet, just an ordinary woman'.. So... it was like the biggest religious-feeling experience I'd ever had. And this is what kind of impression he left on me. Everyone's different, but I saw a true angel of God. I thought maybe my parents had something to do with it, and I still do. They are passed away but I had hoped they were still with me in a form of angels. I believe in angels more than ever now that's all I can say. I believe 'dreams can come true.' When Garth told me to talk to my parents who were passed away, that they were with me, really gave me a peace-of-mind I hadn't had since I lost them. He is a man of thoughtful words and gestures. He is a tough role to follow, but one I'd like to say I am achieving to be more like. My children ages 17(ok 18 in Nov lol), 11, and 4 all love his music. I can rest-assured that when they are listening to his music that they are getting some inspiration out of the words to his songs also, and they will be better adults for growing up on his music, in my opinion. :)
<br>
<br>I admired him for his music alone back when the old stuff was new!' I lived where I had no cable, and had not been lucky enough to go to a concert. And I never have been to one of his concerts..not by choice might I add. I always listened to cassettes back then, 'til about '93 when I finally got a CD player. :) I taped TV specials all through the 10 yrs though, and that's what I saw of Garth and knew of him. I didn't even get a computer 'til last year! A friend I met at spring training here told me about PG, but I didn't have the computer yet. I found a home here where you do feel comfortable talking about Garth and his magical ways. :P You all Rock! I wouldn't have missed this for the world! I'm so glad that I've gotten to share my story about meeting Garth with all of you, because he needs to be recognized alot more in this world for the wonderful things that he does. I think he should get a Nobel-Peace Prize personally! :)
<br>If you're into lyrics like I am, no one compares to Garth for me. I can't wait for Chris! :) I think Garth's going to send some more inspiration out to all of us with him! "The Lamb" is coming.......
<br>Talk about rambling, Vanessa!? lol! How'd you know I couldn't resist?! You can't shut me up on those questions! We are all here because of Garth, and let me tell you, you are so lucky, at such a young age, to be a part of the love that goes around this place! Stay with us and you'll be alright kid! lol! You sound really sweet. :) Keep rambling....
<br>
<br>God Bless.
<br>Amy :)
<br>N

AZamy77
08-25-2000, 11:45 PM
Oh my!! :rolleyes: That was a long post! :eek: It's officially Vanessa and Amy's ramblings! :PN

fuzzwuzz
08-26-2000, 07:03 AM
Amy! I'm with you! There is something very spiritual about Garth, his deep relationship with the Lord comes through in all he is and does. It takes alot of faith to take on the vision which is Chris Gaines. Some may call it nerve but I really don't think there is anyone can convince him to drop the whole idea. There is too much at stake, driving him in his heart. I am awed that I am now a part of this man's mission through his music. We all need to be on Garth's team! This world would be a better place! N

sasteen
08-26-2000, 11:37 AM
Vanessa,
<br>
<br>Just wanted to add my opinion...
<br>
<br>I have been to 2 concerts and flew from Pa to Calif to try and meet him on Donny and Marie. It didn't happen.
<br>
<br>Anyway, it is the whole package that I love Garth so.
<br>
<br>Besides the fact that he is solid as a rock but could melt your heart with that smile....lets face it...He's HOT!!!
<br>
<br>I feel IT in my heart when I listen to songs and I think of how he must also have felt when he sang them and I think it is similar to my feelings.
<br>
<br>I think about the way he is so humble. Not conceited (well, maybe a little).And how he sometimes goes out of his way for just the ordinary Joe.
<br>
<br>I love him because he never forgets where he came from and tries not to let the money or the fame change him. He still wants to be just Troyal Garth Brooks.
<br>
<br>He has donated his time and money to so many different things including childrens charities. And he thinks of how what HE does will affect other people BEFORE he does them.
<br>
<br>He is not shy about his relationship with god and hides nothing when it comes to telling the world he has marital problems. He doesn't put on a front for anyone.
<br>
<br>He is the first to admit when he makes a mistake and doesn't try to make excuses for them.
<br>
<br>He wants to raise his girls as normal as possible and hope that they have a good life and does not encourage them to go into the same profession he is in because it is so hard on those that love you most.
<br>(Besides US crazy fans)
<br>Friends mean alot to Garth. From clear back in high school to college and now famous musicians. He never seems to forget any of them and what they have done for him, be it big or small. He believes very strongly in the family unit and works hard to keep a good relationship with his family.
<br>
<br>And finally, to his fans.....US. He knows that we had alot to do with where he is today and takes every opportunity to thank us for that.
<br>
<br>All of these things wrapped up into one big GARTH!!!
<br>Alot of us are real crazy about him and I have even thought to myself "how can someone be this great"?
<br>
<br>He is genuine ...Vanessa. And I hope to tell him all of this one day, just like you.
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

Vanessa
08-26-2000, 12:27 PM
WOW!!!! I didn't think that I would get this kind of response!! :) :) :) :) very very very COOL!! :ccol: :ccol:
<br>
<br>It makes me laugh to think ya'll actually learn stuff from me??!?? I wa like WHAT???!!!!???. LOL!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Thanks Kristy,Amy,Ana,Loni,Brian,crazyaboutgarth,shelly, sasteen and fuzwuzz!! :) *hugs*
<br>
<br>I could almost cry, over what ya'll said. :) It makes me glad to hear these kind words from people whom share the same........ Obsession as me! LOL!! :)
<br>
<br>Amy, I loved your post!! LOL!! You deprived child!! You didn't get a computer till last year!! Shame on you!!!! :P :P :P :P :P j/k!! LOL!! :)
<br>
<br>Ya'll are the most thoughfulest(is that a word??? lol:)) people that I've ever met in my life. Ya'll have a way of helping people out who need it. I can't thanks ya'll enough, about how it feels to read your posts, knowing that everything will be alright in the future!.:) It amazes me and makes me laugh to think that people older than me (is that right, ya'll ARE older than me??) are actullay learning from things that I say and do. :)
<br>
<br>Ya'll have helped to figure many things out- like that I'm not alone with this type of thing!! :) :)
<br>
<br>*HUGS TO ALL*
<br>