PDA

View Full Version : Would We still love Garth if....

SweetGBFan
08-22-2000, 06:05 PM
Just a fun question, and maybe mostly for the ladies, but would we still be as obsessed with Garth if he didnt have gorgeous blue eyes and he didnt look so great in those tight fitting jeans? If he were short and not good looking would we still go ga ga over him. What draws us to Garth? For me its for sure his good looks. I get woozy every time I see him. He isnt really gorgeous by todays beauty standards, but there is a quality about him that I find so sexy!! Plus he just seems like such a good guy, and he never says anything mean about other people. I hear the stories about how he treats his fans, and I cant think of any other country star that is so accessible to his fans!! I like alot of country stars, I love George Strait, and Tim McGraw is sexy too, but there is just something about Garth that surpasses all of them. He is fabulous on stage and he sings like a dream, but its more than that for me. Plus I LOVE his name GARTH. It just rolls off the tongue. I cant think of any other country star who has a first name that doesnt need a last name to sound cool. You know what I mean? I dont know. Maybe I am just so Garth starved. I have been watching Garth videos all night. I started with Austin City Limits 2 and then I watched the Christmas Special. (Brother I really must be starved for Garth) Then I watched This Is Garth Brooks Too, and I watched the WYCBTMA video.
<br>Anyway I just wondered if anyone else could tell me what it is about Garth that we love so much. I cant think of any other country star I love as much.N

CountryBee
08-22-2000, 06:41 PM
GBfan,
<br>Yes, I would love Garth no matter what he looks like. What I love most about him is his heart and soul, which he is not afraid to put into his songs and performances. It is a bonus that he happens to be be a handsome and sexy man! I swoon under the gaze of those gorgeous blue eyes, too!
<br>Bee
<br>
<br>N

BLL
08-22-2000, 07:02 PM
While the exterior is rather a pleasant bonus, I would still love Garth for the heartfelt emotion, which he expresses in his lyrics in the most unexpected fashion. The man has a tremendous talent with words. The man has a tremendous amount of intelligence. The man has an undeniably generous spirit. Garth Brooks came along at a time when we all needed to hear the honesty, integrity and honour of his words and music.
<br>
<br>If he never sang another note, I will still be grateful for the gifts all ready given.N

Pilgrim
08-23-2000, 01:48 AM
Garth IS short:eek::eek::eek:
<br>
<br>Brian;)N

Vanessa
08-23-2000, 03:24 AM
Isn't Garth 6 1'? I think that's kinda tall for a man!! :) I don't think that Garth's short!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

luvsgarth62
08-23-2000, 04:11 AM
SweetGBfan,
<br>
<br>YOU GO GIRL!! I'd still love him. But his shall we say, bodily features enhance his music and personality:)
<br>
<br>"Friends in Low Places" is playing and I was thinking another thing. Tell me if y'all agree. I think his little slangy, whiney voice is another thing. It just sounds soo cute.
<br>
<br>His piercing blue eyes look deep into his soul and reflect his songwritting and singing. That's the way I look at it.
<br>
<br>-Alicia
<br>
<br>P.S. You're right, he isn't sexy by today's standards, but screw the standards. I'd take Garth's personality and boyish good looks over a really sexy stud who's got a trashy personality any day.N

Pilgrim
08-23-2000, 04:16 AM
Vanessa:)
<br>
<br>I'm 6'4";) so to me Garth is tiny;)
<br>
<br>Brian:PN

smitten
08-23-2000, 04:52 AM
GBfan
<br>
<br>I think Garth would look terrific in a flour sack - but then again I could be a little bit biased :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>What is it about the man - I don't know - but I have never been a fan of anyone before - and he's got "it" - whatever "it" is.
<br>
<br>:) AnaN

jacsan1451
08-23-2000, 05:07 AM
I have a friend that kind of reminds me of why I love Garth. This friend, named John doesn't look like Garth but has has that same kind of personality. John isn't the best looking guy, but has has a personality and a boyish charm that drive the girls crazy. John and I have know each other since high school which I hate to admit was 16 years ago. When ever he meets a girl the girl never thought he was the greatest looking, but when the hung-out with him for a while, the girls just loved him. John has that grin like a little boy who is planning to make a little mischieve. I tell John all the time that he erminds me of Garth and he just doesn't understand why. I guess you have to be a woman to get it. Jackie :)N

jacsan1451
08-23-2000, 05:09 AM
Sorry for the typos everybody but my 4 year old was jumping on me when I was typing. I really can't wait till the kids go back to school. Jackie N

MelMalovesGB4eva
08-23-2000, 05:36 AM
I think Garth would be sexy no matter what with the exception of his height. He just wouldn't be the same if he were 5'6".
<br>
<br>Everything about him is sexy, not just his looks.
<br>I agree even his name is sexy, I want to name my child who is due in 3 months Garth if it's a boy, but the hubby won't go for it.
<br>
<br>Lisa N

Vanessa
08-23-2000, 05:54 AM
Well Brian!! LOL!! I guess your right!!! :) :) :) I'm 5 4", so I'm not sure if Garth would seems really tall or short to me' cause I've never met Da Man. :( Maybe someday, if not here on Earth then up in Heaven.:) :)
<br>

Crackers
08-23-2000, 06:37 AM
I don't think Garth looks tall on TV.......unless he's standing next to someone. Then you realize how tall he is. The first time I saw him in person I was very surprised at how tall he was. He is much taller and thinner than he looks on TV.
<br>
<br>What I think makes him so appealing is his sweetness and sensitivity. I also LOVE the giggle!!!N

boppityboo
08-23-2000, 08:07 AM
Absolutely! I totally agree with what all the ladies have said. He is the WHOLE PACKAGE. I really love his perosonality and honesty, and humbleness. Not to mention he is the greatest singer and entertainer in the world. Just the way he treats his fans and people in general... how could you not love him? He never disrepects anyone, in the media or anything. :)
<br>He definately has that certain 'IT' that just draws you in if you allow it. I have NEVER been so obsessed about a famous person in my life until Garth. :)He is my first and last obsession.. lol
<br>As for his looks... he would look great in a bedsheet.. or whatever else he chooses to wear... goatee, no goatee, beard, no beard..hat, no hat.. etc. you get the idea. :P
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Loni_mmg
08-23-2000, 09:44 AM
Would I still love Garth if..... Well, the answer is YES!!!!!! You can say IF anything and I would still love him. There is nothing that could ever change the effect he has had on me. It's irreversible.
<br>
<br>Loni :)N

Paula
08-23-2000, 03:54 PM
I agree with everything that's been said. Garth has an inner beauty that just shines through. His outer "beauty" is a reflection of his inner beauty. As Ellie has said here and others have said before, he is definitely the whole package.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Garthfan92
08-23-2000, 05:09 PM
All I can say is YES, YES, YES!!! His looks have never really mattered to me. I will never forget what one woman said when finding out I was a Garth fan. She said, "Yeah, I like him. He's kinda cute." All I could think was, "What does that have to do with being a fan of his music?" I knew what Garth looked like long before I would ever give the music a chance, and it didn't turn me into a fan. It wasn't until I listened to his music that I fell in love with the man behind it as well. It was through the music that I saw what an incredible person he is--kind, generous, caring. I've been one of his biggest fans ever since. Although I would never say that Garth isn't a good looking man, it's never really been part of the "obsession" for me. He's someone I look up to as a role model and respect very much. That's what it's been about for me for the last 8 years.
<br>
<br>LisaN

no1cowgirl
08-23-2000, 06:25 PM
Yes, I would because my love and respect is for the music and the man Garth is.
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Vanessa
08-23-2000, 06:36 PM
I agree with everything that was said!! :) :)
<br>

fuzzwuzz
08-23-2000, 06:37 PM
I will always love Garth because of the way he touches my heart with the love of Jesus.N

crazyaboutgarth
08-23-2000, 07:48 PM
I have a hard time putting my finger the exact reason why I love Garth. It's his voice, the words in his songs
<br>and the fact that with all his fame he still seems so down to earth. BUT those beautiful eyes, those full lips and that nice hunky butt don't hurt either!!
<br>
<br>So I think my answer is yes I would love him no matter how he looked. N

Cheryl
08-24-2000, 05:10 AM
What draws us to Garth?
<br>
<br>His honesty,
<br>his sincerity,
<br>his loyalty,
<br>his values....
<br>
<br>His generous spirit,
<br>his enthusiasm,
<br>his hope....
<br>
<br>His ability to dream,
<br>his ability to chase those very same dreams......
<br>
<br>his humbleness,
<br>his confidence.....
<br>
<br>his sense of humor,
<br>his seriousness....
<br>
<br>his belief that this world can be a better place,
<br>and his efforts to make it better....
<br>
<br>his compassion,
<br>his heart.
<br>
<br>And yes...
<br>those eyes....
<br>because they say you can see a person's soul thru their eyes - and Garth lets you see his.
<br>
<br>
<br>Those are the qualities that make Garth sexy, and the qualities that not only drew me to him, but will forever hold me here. Everything else is just the wrapper. But, lol, what a wrapper it is! :) N

lornski
08-24-2000, 05:31 AM
I think that we are all trying to say that we love Garth because he is GARTH!!
<br>
<br>N

shaoon
08-24-2000, 05:55 AM
Lets face it.
<br>
<br>It takes a really special guy to make women swoon and men say, "I want to be more like him."
<br>
<br>I have friends who, and i know they are strange, don't like country music, but after six or seven trips in the car where I have the say over the music, they were like, "hey this is good."
<br>
<br>It might not be the music, I think it might be the sheer enthusiasm for life. If he isn't sending you all mushy, he makes you wanna shout out loud.
<br>
<br>I wouldn't even embarress myself by trying to tell you of all people what he can do live.
<br>
<br>ShaunN

loreli
08-24-2000, 06:01 AM
God was in a real good mood the day He made Garth. :)
<br>
<br>It is eveything that Cheryl said.
<br>
<br>And those lips too!! *faints* LOL
<br>
<br>LoriN

~CanGarth#1Fan~
08-24-2000, 08:51 AM
I have to change the subject for a moment... i just noticed that the smiley faces move..very cute...i haven't benn on in a long time..sooooooo everything here in the planet looks good...
<br>and about your question....
<br>i feel pretty much what has been said here...i would love anyway!!! :DN

SueMc
08-24-2000, 10:07 AM
Hi SweetGBFan, My oldest son is 29, which makes me a bit old to be swooning - so my appreciation is based on Garth's lovely personality, his pure voice when singing songs like "To Make You Feel My Love", and the Chris Gaines material, his courage, his sheer energy, and the love he gives his fans, oh, and did I mention those great songs? :) :)
<br>The black and white tights on the Chris Gaines album, I have to confess, do bring out the woman in me LOL
<br>(Not too old then ;) )
<br>Sue :)
<br>N

SweetGBFan
08-24-2000, 10:58 AM
Hey SueMc,
<br>My oldest child is 28, but Garth still makes me swoon!!
<br>What is that saying there may be snow on the roof but there is still a fire in the furnace!! N

no1cowgirl
08-24-2000, 04:03 PM
Lori-
<br> I agree. God was in a very good mood the day he made Garth. :) You couldn't have said it better.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

BluByrd
08-24-2000, 08:44 PM
I have to say that more than the lips and the eyes and the way those Wranglers fit (all if which I adore) it is the smile that has me hooked. He smiles and he means it. I've seen him with some other people and he didn't smile, so when he smiles, it's genuine.
<br>
<br>All the other stuff is gravy...
<br>
<br>(hmmm I need a biscuit LOL)
<br>
<br>MelN

luvsgarth62
08-25-2000, 05:52 AM
Hee, hee, hee.
<br>
<br>While I was reading, I was giggling silently:o You guys are good with words. 'Nice, hunky butt' [B]YEAH!![B/]
<br>
<br>-AliciaN

gbfans66
08-25-2000, 08:55 AM
YES!!!!!! I fell in love with Garth long before I ever knew what he looked like. I fell in love with the music & that's what keeps me here. I agree that he may not be the best-looking or whatever among today's standards but I don't care. Country America did a story on him several years back & the writer hit it on the head. She talked about him not being as good looking as George or Alan, but talked about him having the personality that he has. I sent her a letter afterwards & thanked her for the article because it was so true to how I felt. He has the personality that makes him good looking & that's a big plus. I love his eyes & yes his smile is very very nice. I just love the music & his personality too!! I too have a friend that reminds me somewhat of Garth & his eyes are to die for too!! Yes, they are blue too!! I would definately love Garth no matter what because that's how I first fell in love with him was through his music not through him. I didn't have a clue who he was until I had heard the music, then finally saw a video & it just added to it!!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Jill :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

SueMc
08-25-2000, 10:37 AM
Hi SweetGBFan, Thank you, mind you I expect you started younger than I did, I had my son, who is now 29, when I was 29 and they called me elderly, I had my younger son, who is now 15, when I was 42, so you see, definitely too old to swoon, I am just about the right age to be Garth's mum if I had started soon enough. ;)
<br>I still like the tights picture though, so all is not lost LOL I haven't got snow on the roof yet, so can go on looking forward to the fire can I? :cool:
<br>Sue :)
<br>N

cowgirl14
08-25-2000, 03:44 PM
Well when Eille said "he would look sexy in a bedsheet." I can just myself and him with that bedsheet LOL. Please raise a Foot or a Finger or na Eyebrow you hands are busy writing. LOL Joey :cool: Gal. N

cowgirl14
08-25-2000, 03:46 PM
Just if you can see that. N

crazyaboutgb4ever
08-28-2000, 06:43 AM
With all my Heart and Soul!!!!:)
<br>~annaN

Lowland_Kid
08-28-2000, 11:54 AM
Oh boy,
<br>
<br>How can I post this without getting a lot of "trouble" from all of you...
<br>I don't find Garth all that sexy...
<br>There, it is out. I love his music, his performance, his energy and a lot of other things, but his looks never played a big role for me.
<br>(Ofcourse, all of this might change the day I have the pleasure to be eye to eye with the man himself.. ;-))
<br>
<br>But so far, his looks do not work for me.
<br>Hope you are not too upset about that!
<br>
<br>Lowland_KidN

Lost_to_Garth
08-28-2000, 05:02 PM
Hi Honey.............
<br>
<br>;) Did you know that I have blue eyes too? ;)
<br>
<br>BN

SweetGBFan
08-28-2000, 06:20 PM
Hey Lost to Garth,
<br>Yep I sure did know you had blue eyes too!! And you do have some wranglers too not just Bugle Boys!!N

kazza7
08-29-2000, 03:23 PM
hi,well i'm a new member and i would just like to say that i would love garth if he had 2 heads,it doesn't matter to me what he looks like he is a great singer......
<br>kazza7N

garthistheman
08-29-2000, 05:47 PM
Hi, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br>I would love Garth no matter what. He is so loving and giving. He is the genuine article. He doesn't hide behind some false image. He is himself.
<br>
<br>I agree he does fill those jeans quite well. I really like those jeans. LOL
<br>I like those blue eyes and goatee. That smile is one in a million also. I love to see him smile.
<br>
<br>I would love Garth just because of his faith in God and family.
<br>
<br>TammyN

Lost_to_Garth
09-03-2000, 05:39 PM
Hi Honey...:)
<br>
<br>I can't believe that I'm going to say this but, I heard a couple of G-songs on the way back to the work town tonight and actually, almost, liked them. I really said that....OH NOOOOO! Next thing you know, I'll be cutting my pony-tail off, doing a buzzzz cut, trimming my beard down to a g-t and wearing Wranglers that arn't shorts.
<br>
<br>I know....got ya all excited, didn't I? Well, maybe next week, I'll go for da look! :)N

honky
09-03-2000, 09:59 PM
<br>Lost_to_Garth,
<br>
<br>Hey.... I think there is a hope:) If you give Garth's music more listen, I think it will grow on you in no-time :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Glad you like some of his music!
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>N

phillygirl4garth
09-04-2000, 02:03 AM
I like many people fell in love with Garth without ever seeing him. So I think that I would, no matter what he looked like, love him for his music.
<br>
<br>Hey, I'm not that great looking myself so who am I too be shallow about somebody's looks right? lol
<br>
<br>DeniseN

SweetGBFan
09-04-2000, 03:47 PM
Hey Lost to Garth,
<br>Repeat that please??? You actually like a Garth song?? Gee, sweety there may be hope for you yet! Does that mean I can play Garth at home without retribution?? I really think you will look very sexy in those wranglers, by the way. Hey everyone maybe my hubby may turn out to be a Garth fan after all. If Garth goes back on tour maybe I could drag him to a concert even. Okay I wont push my luck.N

babyblue777
09-05-2000, 01:08 PM
I fell in love with Garth while fillipin' through the channels on my TV, I came across this video on CMT. The first thing that grabbed me were those eyes. I was like "whao Leah, slow down, watch that channel with sexy blue eyes". I didn't even like country music (at the time) but, I was hooked on this guy. It wasn't that his eyes were sexy because they were blue, it was because they seemed to look right in my soul even through the TV. Wow, creepy feeling went all over me. The video was The Red Strokes, and I went out and bought the CD, I've been hooked ever sence not by his good looks, but because his songwriting and his spirit.
<br>And even though looks don't matter, you have to admit, in a socity like this, it does help.
<br>N

Lost_to_Garth
09-07-2000, 05:32 PM
<br>
<br>Okay, Okay, Okay.......I thought about what you said in the last message. How about this; You can play allllll the Garth cd's, watch allllll the Garth videos......... you can find in my house when you come to visit this weekend.
<br>
<br>Don't get mad...you taught me how to be funny! Ha, Ha, Ha, He, He He!
<br>
<br>Okay, you can bring one (1) cd with you.:)N

Lost_to_Garth
09-07-2000, 05:34 PM
<br>
<br>Okay, Okay, Okay.......I thought about what you said in the last message. How about this; You can play allllll the Garth cd's, watch allllll the Garth videos......... you can find in my house when you come to visit this weekend.
<br>
<br>

Lost_to_Garth
09-07-2000, 05:36 PM
<br>
<br>
<br>