PDA

View Full Version : "The Collection" US-only exclusive Mcdonalds

JO
05-14-2000, 10:43 AM
Hi every one<P> The other day I managed to get hold of Garth Brooks "The Collection" (1994 US-only exclusive Mcdonals CD. Now I was wondering what the full story is behind this CD. Our Mcdonalds here in England don't do anything like that. They only give away kiddies toys with there kiddies meals. I also noticed that whilst group members have been listing there collections on this forum, that this CD seems to be missing. So is this CD slightly rare? How many of these CD's are out there?<P>All the best<P>Jo xxxxx :) :) :) :) N

GRTH FAN
05-14-2000, 10:54 AM
Jo, If I remember correctly, A certain amount of the money went to Charity, and so he did that collections for that!! I think there was others who did too!<BR>Donna :) (It was some of his favorites)N

hugeGBnutt
05-14-2000, 10:57 AM
Yeah, it is a rare cd, it was only sold thru Mcdonalds and the money from the album went to the "Ronald Mcdonald House" and some other artists that did albums like it were Selena, and Elton John, i got lucky and found one at a used cd store years later! :D<P>aRiN

minnesotagbfan
05-14-2000, 10:58 AM
there were other artists yes..i believe that tina turner was oneN

Brooks7
05-14-2000, 12:28 PM
"The Collection" (1994 US-only exclusive Mcdonals CD. <P>I see you said US only, I bought a few here in Canada at the time as well, so it was not just in US.<BR>Just thought I would add that inN

PJ
05-14-2000, 02:43 PM
These CDs were available for a short time in 1994 with proceeds going to Ronald McDonald House. Tina Turner, Elton John, and Roxette were the other artists who had CDs available along with Garth.N

Pilgrim
05-14-2000, 02:43 PM
Brooks7<P>I have a Canadian one ;)<P>Maybe they are even more rare :o<P>I don't think the CD is THAT rare.<P>I think CD-Zooming is even more rare :)<P>BrianN

dreammaster
05-14-2000, 02:52 PM
I have the collection too. That's one I forgot to post in the other post Brian started.<P>NikkiN

GRTH FAN
05-14-2000, 03:54 PM
Brian, I have one of the Cd-Zooming!!<BR>I think thats LUCKY Huh!!?<BR>Donna :)N

Garth2Gaines
05-14-2000, 06:00 PM
You think the cd-zooming is rare, try finding it on tape :)<P>dwayne<BR>The GB Collection 4 cds, 4 tapes :)<BR>Cd-zooming 2 cds, 1 tape :)N

pldrw
05-15-2000, 06:03 AM
Guys for some reason the number of 100,000 Stands out in my mind. Not sure why! I bought mine at MacDonald's, But i have an extra i got at a yard sale and i have seen more since! I got the zooming set by winning second prize in a contest! I would have perfeered 1st, Limo ride, Dinner at a local restraunt, Concert tickets and a meeting!! I even saw the lucky winner damn!! :( N

PlanetGarth.com
05-15-2000, 06:13 AM
<A HREF="http://www.planetgarth.com/albums/the_garth_brooks_collection.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.planetgarth.com/albums/the_garth_brooks_collection.shtml</A> N