PDA

View Full Version : My New Song! I Think I've Broken Out of My Slump!

GarthLVR88
08-19-2000, 07:16 PM
Well well well...I think I've finally found a song I like! It's not about anyone I know..lol, but it could be later in life! Just pray that it won't be, okay? LOL. I'd love to hear your comments and SUGGESTIONS! Don't be shy..I'm not! ;) So.."Give me everything ya got, alright?" ;)
<br>
<br>Id Rather Be
<br>
<br>The day you proposed
<br>I thought I was going to die
<br>Just as you expected
<br>I started to cry
<br>
<br>But unlike you thought
<br>They werent tears of joy
<br>Tears from thinking to myself
<br>Boyoh boy.
<br>
<br>Youre a drunk. Youre a cheat
<br>Id rather walk on nails with my bare feet
<br>Youre a loser. Youre a liar.
<br>Id rather bathe in a blazing hot fire
<br>I think Id rather be eaten alive
<br>Kept behind bars for the rest of my life
<br>Stabbed in the back with a thousand knives
<br>All of these things, before being your wife
<br>
<br>My mama always told me
<br>That you were no good
<br>You did everything I didnt
<br>All the things no man should
<br>
<br>After a few terrible dates
<br>I started noticing what shed said
<br>Id play along with you for the night
<br>Then go home and wish I were dead
<br>
<br>Bridge:
<br>I cried crocodile tears into my pillow at night
<br>Wondering if Id ever find my Mr. Right
<br>I thought maybe youd be a prince, but youre still a frog
<br>Now Im little Mrs. Me married to my Mister Wrong
<br>
<br>So shoot me now, lay me down to rest
<br>I mustve been drunk when I told you yes
<br>I just cant seem to get this ring off of my hand
<br>Now Im your woman, and you are my man.
<br>
<br>Of all the things Id rather be
<br>Its just this one that still gets to me
<br>Out of everything Ive said before
<br>Id really rather not be yours.
<br>
<br> 2000 Rachel Cope
<br>
<br>"Thanks a lot for doin' it". ;) I'm workin' on becoming "Nash Jr.", but it's a dang hard title to live up to! Right Steph? :)
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

no1cowgirl
08-19-2000, 09:34 PM
Rach-
<br> The song sounds great! :) (sounds, in a matter of speaking *L*) I love it 'cause it's got that fiesty edge to it. :) Looks like I've got another songwriter that I can hit up fer lyrics now. :)
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Pilgrim
08-20-2000, 02:14 AM
That is a GREAT song Rachel:):)
<br>
<br>Excellent work:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

MDgarthgirl
08-20-2000, 10:50 AM
LMAO! We're not bitter, are we? j/p
<br>
<br>Like I said before, Rach, I like this one! And that it plays to me like a Shania Twain/Danni Leigh hit..with that "dark twang." ;) Ya know, I couldn't think of it before...but the twist at the end Does fit...It reminds me of that Alan Jackson song...not sure of the title, but...the one where he accidentally marries the "wrong" waitress and he doesn't know her name, LOL.
<br>
<br>Keep it Up! Talk to you soon!
<br>NashN

Garth4Ever
08-20-2000, 03:35 PM
That's a great song. The Alan Jackson song that was mentioned goes "I'm in love with you baby and I don't even know your name." I imaagine the actaul title is probably one part of that sentence. I remember the video for it features Jeff Foxworthy.N

AlwaysaGBFan
08-20-2000, 05:03 PM
See Rachel....I told ya I'd come see it and I even did it tonight! So if I don't get the paper work done it's your fault! lol Well about the song...I already told ya it was great but I'll tell ya again. Rachel it's GREAT! Talk to ya soon! Ohh..and Ward said hey! :-)
<br>
<br>AllenN

AlwaysaGBFan
08-23-2000, 11:48 AM
Hey Rachel...you seemed a little dissapointed that Ward didn't say hey so I thought I'd make up for it. And guess who just walked into my office! I'll just let him write to ya.....Hey Rachel Allen let me read the song. I really like it. It looks like you've really got some talent and you need to be sure and use it! Good luck!
<br>
<br>Ward
<br>
<br>Well are ya happy now? and Mr. Burton really did like the song!
<br>
<br>AllenN

GarthLVR88
08-23-2000, 05:52 PM
*wipes tear of joy from corner of eye* You guys get me every time! ;)
<br>
<br>Krista,
<br>Fiesty! That's me alright...LOL. :) You can bet your bull butter I'd be GLAD to...scratch that, HONORED if you'd ever even CONSIDER one of my songs! Thanks a lot!
<br>
<br>Brian,
<br>Short and sweet...As usual! Thanks for the great compliments and the smiles. ;) :p
<br>
<br>Nash,
<br>Bitter? Oh come on...we both know there's no such word in our vocabulary! ;) Thanks for "editing"..as usual, I couldn't have done it without ya! :)
<br>
<br>Garth4Ever,
<br>Thanks a lot! I too BTW, love that Alan Jackson song! I think it's called..."I'm Married To a Waitress". :)
<br>
<br>Allen,
<br>Thanks SO much for coming and checking it out! And uh..sorry if ya didn't get that paperwork done..you know you can mail it to me and I'd be GLAD to do it..;) Oh and....
<br>
<br>WARD!
<br>If by chance Allen makes you read this..LOL, that really means a lot to me coming from you! I'll be sure and work on "using my gift"..if that's what I've got. And good luck to you! I'll be watching. :)
<br>
<br>Thanks everyone!
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>P.S. Thanks for makin' him Allen! :) Tell Mary Anne I said "Hello!" N

major tom
08-25-2000, 12:09 AM
Rachel
<br>
<br>Brilliant song. :) All of you writers need to get Krista to perform your songs so we can hear what they sound like.
<br>
<br>KirstyN