PDA

View Full Version : Article in Tennessean - "Brooks' Museum Plan Over"

MDgarthgirl
08-19-2000, 02:30 PM
Hey! (I can't believe this isn't up here yet) ...Was reading the paper over breakfast and there he was. (Just FYI, It's the one for Saturday, August 19th...Volume 96, No. 232 - The Tennessean)
<br>
<br>The article states that the neighbors weren't going with it, and naturally, Garth and Sandy want them to be pleased first. It also went on to say how Garth(and Sandy, I'm sure) was thinking about all it would take to get it to happen. Meaning tearing up the house for security cameras, fire exits, etc. And people would have to be hired..."bored tour guides might 'tell people things that may not be true'." The paper states that Garth said that it just isn't fun anymore.
<br>
<br>One of the reasons Garth and Sandy wanted to turn the house to a sort of museum was because it held so many memories for them.
<br>
<br>I think there was also a statement from Garth's laywer that there are "other ideas" on the table.
<br>
<br>That's basically the theme of the article. Please feel free to check it out for yourself. I know going through the press, even with "direct" quotes from Garth, can still be uneasy for some folks. I don't think they (the Tennessean) would have any reason to print something less than respectful about this, but you never know.
<br>
<br>I know I was one person to immediately go against this idea in the beginning. That hasn't changed. But I hope Garth and Sandy can find some compromise with their neighbors if they truly want to see something come of their efforts. When I read that Garth was thinking about all that would have to happen, and that it wasn't fun anymore, I must admit I was pleased to see the thoughts of the man I've met in him come out.
<br>
<br>Nash
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
08-19-2000, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the article:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Vanessa
08-19-2000, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the article!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

BigGfan4life
08-20-2000, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the article :) There was something similar about it in my paper this morning, too.N