PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello from Scotland

lornski
08-19-2000, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone, I have just signed up for the Forum and thought I would say hi.
<br>
<br>Have been a Scottish fan of GB for about 5 years now and have travelled far and wide to see him - New York being the coolest.
<br>
<br>I am glad of pages like PlanetGarth because you dont hear about him over here at all. If it wasnt for the 'net we wouldnt have even heard the new single.
<br>
<br>Anyway care to give me a summary of what he has been up to in the last few months?
<br>
<br>LORNA
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Hawk7lte
08-19-2000, 10:05 AM
Hi to Lorena and Scotland (one of my all time favorite places in the world - oh those cheese assortment trays)
<br>
<br>
<br>Welcome - and probably the post above this one by one of the monitors tells the story.
<br>
<br>HawkN

NJ4GARTH
08-19-2000, 11:56 AM
Welcome to PG Lorna,
<br>
<br>Hope you enjoy yuor stay here and hope to see lots of posts from ya.
<br>
<br>TomN

loreli
08-19-2000, 11:57 AM
HI Lorna!
<br>
<br>Welcome. :) I'd love to go to Scotland one day. :)
<br>
<br>Lori :) N

honky
08-19-2000, 12:02 PM
Lorna,
<br>
<br>WELCOME TO PG :)
<br>
<br>If you want to know what Garth is up to lately, you can read the articles posted on the front page of PlanetGarth :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

honky
08-19-2000, 12:02 PM
WHAT HAVE I DONE? :eek::eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Sorry for the double post :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy<P>(This message has been edited by honky)N

Pilgrim
08-19-2000, 01:20 PM
Welcome to PG fellow European:):):):)
<br>
<br>Hmmm, Garth haven't been doing much the past 5 months:eek:
<br>
<br>Stay tuned;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

SeaGBfan
08-19-2000, 04:33 PM
Welcome Lorna!
<br>
<br>You have found the right place to get your Garth fix! This place has great people on it and all the Garth information you'll ever need. I will be going to Scotland in the first week of October, any travel hints for when I am over there?
<br>
<br>MaryN

LittleRhody
08-19-2000, 04:57 PM
Welcome Lorna,
<br>
<br>You'll have a great time here.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>DianaN

Vanessa
08-19-2000, 06:19 PM
Welcome to PG Lorna!! :) :) We hope to see lots og posts from ya!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

nelty
08-19-2000, 06:45 PM
Hi.... :-)
<br>
<br>WELCOME
<br>
<br>NellyN

Garthmedic
08-19-2000, 07:36 PM
Lorna-
<br>
<br>You are now among friends!
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N

lornski
08-20-2000, 12:39 AM
Thanks for all of the messages. I think I'm going to like it here!!
<br>
<br>Mary, where in Scotland are you visiting? Its a good place to go if you want to see the countryside. Dont bank on the weather though!!
<br>
<br>LORNAN

major tom
08-21-2000, 08:07 AM
Welcome to PG :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

SeaGBfan
08-27-2000, 06:20 PM
Hi Lorna!
<br>
<br>I don't have any plans for my trip yet. Just going to wing it and head where ever I feel. I'm not worried about the weather, I live in Seattle, if I didn't go out and do things in the rain I would never go out!! I enjoy rain and am prepared for it. Is there anything you would recommend doing? Something off the beaten path a bit? Please let me know!
<br>
<br>Thanks!
<br>
<br>MaryN

SeaGBfan
08-27-2000, 06:21 PM
Hi Lorna!
<br>
<br>I don't have any plans for my trip yet. Just going to wing it and head where ever I feel. I'm not worried about the weather, I live in Seattle, if I didn't go out and do things in the rain I would never go out!! I enjoy rain and am prepared for it. Is there anything you would recommend doing? Something off the beaten path a bit? Please let me know!
<br>
<br>Thanks!
<br>
<br>MaryN

lornski
08-28-2000, 03:26 AM
MARY
<br>
<br>You should have been over for August and you would have been in time for the Edinburgh festival. It is world famous now and covers everything from live music to comedy to street performers. Edinburgh is buzzing at festival time but it is a nice city which is good to visit anytime. You could visit the castle and Arthur's Seat (a big hill!) My favourite part of the festival is the comedy (called the Fringe) and was delighted to see my favourite Rich Hall win the Perrier Award for best comedian. I was a bit upset becuase Robert & Paul of the Mavericks were performing and I didnt make it to see them (I am a huge Mavs fan by the way).
<br>
<br>Coming a bit further up you have got Stirling with its castle and the Wallace monument - you know as in Braveheart William Wallace.
<br>
<br>Glasgow is a cool place, mainly becuase that is where I first saw Garth being interviewed for TV and the Mavericks numerous times. Then I saw Garth perform in Aberdeen so that has fond memeories for me too.
<br>
<br>Its hard to think of interesting places in Scotland because I take them for granted and assume they arent interesting to others.
<br>
<br>Hope you enjoy your trip
<br>
<br>LORNAN

Jude
08-28-2000, 09:34 AM
Hi Lorna,
<br>
<br>Welcome to PG. I'm from the south coast of England. You are right with what you said to Mary about the weather. Have we had summer yet!
<br>
<br>Hope you enjoy your fix
<br>Jude N