PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get It Released?

gb4prez
05-13-2000, 05:42 AM
I saw this and felt it was a great idea. In case you would like to help, I have copied the message below. (BTW the date of May 17th is the date we are going to call.)...<P>We all want to buy a studio copy of the new song, so what do you say we make our voices heard at Capital? Let's all call on the same day, around the same time...make the switchboard light up and keep it lit. I think maybe May 17 (next Wednesday) around 1 p.m.? Any ideas for a better time would be welcome..just tried to get a 7 in there and didn't want to wait until June or July 7th. :)<P>Here's the number:<P>(615) 269-2000<BR>N

nelty
05-13-2000, 07:01 AM
I don't know if we can do much. When Garth has set his mind, it's unlikely to change again. <P>Like "This is Garth Brooks Too", it didn't release like it should. I don't think Garth will start thinking of releasing it.<P>BUT, we are talking about Garth here so I am going to say that anything could happen. <P>NellyN

AmazedByChris
05-13-2000, 09:23 AM
You mean 1PM Pacific time?N

Jen19
05-13-2000, 01:40 PM
I like the idea .. I think we should do it 1pm Central time since that is where Nashville is !! Post if you can do it so we can get a whole bunch of people to do it :) <P>JEN <P>Ask friends too lets jam them with phone calls. Trying never hurtsN

Pilgrim
05-13-2000, 02:59 PM
I don't think it will work :o :o<P>I have the slight feeling that it's not going to be released because he is about to change the record company :o<BR>But it's just a feeling :)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
05-13-2000, 03:04 PM
Brian,<P>Garth can't change the record label LOL<P>Now that Time Warner owns Capitol.. they ARE bigger then Garth ...<P>As for getting it released.. maybe..<BR>Radio is already playing it.. it's already on the charts.. I don't see Capitol wasting money to send it to Radio when they are already playing it.<P>ya know? :)<BR>JasonN

Anonymous
05-13-2000, 03:40 PM
Sorry to say this but Garth can do whatever he wants. If he wants to start his own label he can. If he just wants to switch labels he can. I don't think anything can stop Garth if he wants out of Capitol no matter how big they think they may be.N

Pilgrim
05-13-2000, 03:47 PM
Jason<P>Sorry to bug you, but Garth can change his label whenever he want :)<P>Capitol know there is no use in keeping a star that doesn't like them (we assume Garth doesn't like CAP ;)).<P>Plus I think this is a huge part of why he is and has been absent for a while.<P>They are probably negotiating the financial part of the stuff ;)<P>I just have a feeling he might change. :)<P>Columbia was also WAY bigger than George Michael, and he still managed to get out after a couple of years and a lighter wallet ;)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
05-13-2000, 04:04 PM
um you took me wrong here...<P>I was just saying he can't "Change" Time Warner.. that's all I was saying.<P>Yes, Garth can change to his own label.. or to a different one.. that wasn't what I was saying. <P>okay?<BR>JasonN

gb4prez
05-17-2000, 06:02 PM
If you didn't call Capitol today and would still like to help with getting the song released as a single, you could email. The email address is...<BR> <BR>music@capitol-nashville.com<P>(I know Garth would have to agree to have it released but he has been know to change his mind. Maybe if we show how much we love the song he will change his mind now.)<P>Thanks,<BR>DonnaN

garthsgirl
05-17-2000, 06:13 PM
Donna, I already emailed Capitol Nashville asking about the possibility of a WYCBTMA becoming a single. I believe I did this 2 days ago. No response, though, as I am sure they get swamped with it. Let's hope our voices are heard. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, sometimes it's best to go against the grain." LisaN

Garth2Gaines
05-17-2000, 06:17 PM
Trisha+MCA=Duet album<BR>? ;) That was one of the 2 problems they are having with it. The lapels and finding songs for it. And this would fix one of those. And maybe time will fix the other...<P>dwayneN