PDA

View Full Version : Garth & Trisha song

sasteen
05-12-2000, 03:47 PM
I was on my way home from work and was listening to Trisha's Cd "SongBook". If you get a chance and you have that cd listen to the song "Like we never had a broken heart" It is so beautiful and their voices compliment eachothers in a way that melts my heart. It was nice to hear a duet by them and I wish they would do more like the "rumored" duet album. They can't even mention eachothers name without the press turning it into something it isn't. How could they possibly do an album without bad media? Anyway, it is a good song ... take a listen.N

sasteen
05-12-2000, 03:54 PM
Sorry guys, it is not a duet but he does sing backup vocals in the song.N

Brooks7
05-13-2000, 10:57 AM
I have always loved that song too, it is very beautifull.<P>My oppinion on all the press, it sells more cd's, it gets people interested, I think that Garth and Trisha play up the rumors, with their songs, and on stage together.<P>Think about it, in another's eyes, and when they did Powerful thing together, that was wild.<P>Don't yell at me, I say that Sandy, Garth and Trisha know it's only rumors, so they have fun with it, I am like that with my friends, we all joke around, but we know the truth, I don't think he and Trisha would have been allowed to tour together if there was any truth to any of it.<P>I think they should do the song "Let's give em something to talk about" that would be cool, and they would probably have a ball on stage with it.N

Snow
05-13-2000, 11:37 AM
That is a nice song. I don't really care for a whole album of Garth/Trisha duets though. It's just not my thing. I'd like to see Garth do a duet with someone else for a change.<P>Can you imagine the power of a Garth-Reba duet?! It would be great. There are lots of people that I think GArth could do a duet with that would make an impact... Garth respects Reba a lot is the only reason I picked that example. Plus she has a great voice and stage personality. Since he played on her tour when he was just starting out, it would sort of fit.N

BlueRose
05-13-2000, 01:02 PM
It's a very beautiful song and I agree with Snow. I would love to hear a Garth and Reba duet, that would be awesome!!!<P>Not only does Garth respect Reba alot but the feeling's mutual. She also knew in the early years that he was going to be huge someday. She was right on the money with that! I love Reba and wonder why they never got together to record a song together.<P>There's a quote from Garth in Reba's '98 Tour Book that says,<P>"I have watched this woman as a fan, a fellow artist, and a friend, and this is what I see-- a woman of honesty, integrity, and intelligence; a woman ahead of her time, yet never forgetting where she came from; a woman who carries the title of loving wife and mother proudly; and a woman who looks as stunning in a pair of jeans as she does in a formal. As an artist, she keeps her sights on what is important: the music, the people, and her belief in God. Time has been a friend to Reba, and I feel fortunate to say Reba has been a friend to my family and me."<BR>~Garth Brooks<P>Cheryl<BR>N

minnesotagbfan
05-13-2000, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brooks7:<BR>[B<P>Don't yell at me, I say that Sandy, Garth and Trisha know it's only rumors, so they have fun with it, I am like that with my friends, we all joke around, but we know the truth, I don't think he and Trisha would have been allowed to tour together if there was any truth to any of it.<P>[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i honestly dont think that garth, sandy, and trisha have fun with it..i will bet that the subject doesnt even come up ..<BR>N

minnesotagbfan
05-13-2000, 01:10 PM
hey i did that reply with a quote thing right...sort of..lolN

ShellyGirl
05-13-2000, 07:13 PM
I think all the songs that Garth and Trisha do together are great, but I would love to see him sing a duet with Martina McBride.N

Hawk7lte
05-13-2000, 08:58 PM
Really there are several females whose voices would sound good with Garth's voice....but Trish has a tonal quality to her voice that blends perfectly with Garth's voice to my ear....and somehow her range seems to work with his too....<P>But I'd like to see their duets go somewhere a little differently in their composition and presentation. Someday they're very likely to come out with a musical project that is something novel and creative. <P>HawkN