PDA

View Full Version : favorite songs that werent released as singles

minnesotagbfan
05-12-2000, 10:59 AM
while i am sure that this probably has been done before ..i havent seen it and was listening to "fresh horses" and i just thought this up..lol<P>mine are:<P>everytime that it rains<BR>burning bridges<BR>in lovesome dove<BR>same old story<BR>every now and then<BR>cowboys and angels<BR>ireland<BR>how you ever gonna know<BR>a friend to meN

Lowell Miller
05-12-2000, 12:20 PM
There are so many. I think "Every now and then" and "Lomesome Dove" would have been big hits.N

Chris Gaines
05-12-2000, 12:31 PM
Lonesome Dove - Hands down I absolutely love this song.<P>As Garth said at the Backyard concert... it's such an amazing song.. <P>It was written by a woman taking a man's view.. As Garth says.. That's just Simply Amazing! :D<P>JasonN

Pilgrim
05-12-2000, 02:05 PM
LOTS!!! i.e. the songs that is yet to be released on single ;)<P>But I would also go for Lonesome Dove :D :D :D<P>BrianN

TGcraz4GB
05-12-2000, 04:43 PM
Here's my list.<BR> *Take the keys to my Heart*<BR> Same old story<BR> This ain't Tenn.<BR> Victim of the game<BR> Dixie Chicken<BR> <BR>Terri<P><BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>N

LVGB4EVER
05-12-2000, 06:38 PM
:) Mine is Most Definetly <B>American Pie</B> :) I know it's not originally his but I think he does that song the best..and if It was released as a single it would have been BIG :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N

Lost 'n' Garth
05-12-2000, 06:49 PM
"Against the Grain" was cool. Kind of sums up Garth!!<P>Cheri :)N

everynowandthen
05-12-2000, 06:56 PM
Mine would be:<P>Every Now and Then (go figure!) :)<BR>Take the Keys to My Heart<BR>This Ain't Tennessee<BR>Friend to Me<BR>Same Old Story<BR>Which One of Them (was that released?)<P>Angela<BR>N

S23GBfan
05-12-2000, 08:16 PM
Here are my picks off of each regular CD.<BR><B>Alabama Clay</B><BR><B>Victim of the Game</B><BR><B>Lonesome Dove</B><BR><B>Every Now and Then and Face to Face</B> <BR><B>Red Strokes</B> - I know it was released as a video but I don't think it was released to the radio<BR><B>Ireland</B><BR><B>How you ever gonna know</B><BR>N

GRTH FAN
05-12-2000, 08:25 PM
Lonesome Dove, and A Friend To Me are two of my favorites, but I Love Them All!<BR>Donna :)N

Linda
05-13-2000, 03:53 AM
ALABAMA CLAY....I have loved that song from the first time I heard it......I pull out my first CD all the time just to hear it!N

gb4prez
05-13-2000, 06:03 AM
"This Ain't Tennessee" from the Box Set. I love that song! Not only did it not get released as a single, it didn't even make it to the CD the first time! It is one of the most beautiful songs I think I have ever heard and I was fortunate enough to hear him perform it live in Tampa, Florida. (When he finally remembered the words. LOL)<P>DonnaN

Brooks7
05-13-2000, 06:21 AM
Mine are<BR>- Please come to Boston<BR>- Kickin and Screamin<BR>- Rollin<BR>- Rocketman<BR>- Fit for a King<P>That's just a few that I can think of right nowN

Fresh_Horses
05-13-2000, 07:13 AM
When There's No One AroundN

nelty
05-13-2000, 07:21 AM
here is some of them to my list:<P>-The night I call the old man out<BR>-One night a day<BR>-The Red Stroke<BR>- Belleau Wood<P>NellyN

BlueRose
05-13-2000, 07:45 AM
I'd have to say:<P>Every Time That It Rains<BR>That Ol' Wind<BR>Cold Shoulder<BR>New Way to Fly<BR>Wolves<BR>A Friend To Me<BR>I Don't Have to Wonder<BR>Driftin' Away<BR>Snow in July<BR>Right Now<P>Cheryl<P><BR>N

Jen19
05-13-2000, 01:16 PM
Defianlty is <BR>Everytime that is Rains- this is one of my favorite song all together !!<P>others are<BR>The Cowboy Song<BR>In Lonesome Dove<BR>This Ain't Tennesse<BR>Uptown Down-Home Good Ol Boy<BR>Cowboy BillN

azyankee
05-13-2000, 01:47 PM
Seems to me that <B>"One Night A Day"</B> <I>was</I> released as a single...(or was it just that my favorite radio station had the <I>"In Pieces"</I> CD and the deejays just happened to like that song?)...because the first time I heard it was on KMLE108 right around the time that <I>"AHBA"</I> was being played.<P>My votes go to:<P><B>Walking After Midnight<BR>Every Now & Then<BR>This Ain't Tennessee</B><BR>and<BR><B>When You Come Back To Me</B><P>Y@nkeeN

Lowell Miller
05-13-2000, 01:58 PM
Oops! I meant Lonesome Dove. One Night a Day was a single. :)N

minnesotagbfan
05-13-2000, 02:44 PM
now i am confused because i have heard "one night a day" "the red strokes" "how you ever gonna know" on the radio..were these singles??? did i fall asleep and miss something..lolN

Fresh_Horses
05-13-2000, 03:24 PM
I do not think they were released as singles that you can buy.N

minnesotagbfan
05-13-2000, 03:49 PM
fresh horses,<P>if i am not mistaken..the first single that garth released as a cd single was actually for chris gaines.."lost in you" i know i have this..i paid 99 cents for it the day it came out..lolN

Chris Gaines
05-13-2000, 04:12 PM
I thik everyone is talking about "Releases to Radio"<P>Garth has never released a "Single" (in the USA anyways).. except for "Lost In You".<P>He has released "Standing Outside The Fire" CD Single in the UK I believe as I do have this CD :)<P>Cheryl - Right Now .. was released hehehe :)<P>andI think "Against The Grain" was released as well... but I'm not so sure on that one LOL<P>"One Night A Day" I don't recall as being released to radio.. hmmmmm was it?<BR>I do remember him playing the SAX for it on "This Is GB 2" :)<P>This that make ya go hmmmmmmmm LOL :)<BR>JasonN

Chris Gaines
05-13-2000, 04:17 PM
Jen!!!<P>The Cowboy Song.. I love that song! :)<P>Can you believe they found this song in a DUMPSTER? LOL.. man..<BR>Roy.. if your out there somewhere.. Garth said on the "Standing Outside The Fire" Single.. he wants to meet you someday :)<P>(Roy is the writer the threw this song away) :)<P>JasonN

arkansasguy215
05-13-2000, 09:05 PM
You guys are leaving out the best one. Hands down its gotta be "Which one of them" from the boxed set. Can't believe no one chose that one!N

Fresh_Horses
05-14-2000, 04:58 AM
Did he release a single off of Fresh Horses to? Because my friend has a single with 2 of the songs off of that album. I'm not sure which ones they were. N

BlueRose
05-14-2000, 02:14 PM
Jason, you're right, I forgot!<P>Fresh_Horses,<P>It's a promo given to radio stations, I believe.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

Pilgrim
05-14-2000, 02:31 PM
Fresh_Horses<P>I know the songs "The Beaches Of Cheyenne" and "She's Every Woman" was released as singles in UK and Holland :)<BR>I have the UK one of "She's Every Woman" ;)<P>I also have the promos<BR>"New Garth Music" which is "She's Every Woman"<BR>and the promos<BR>"The Beaches Of Cheyenne"<BR>and<BR>"The Change"<P>Other promos released should be It's Midnight Cinderella", "That Ol' Wind" and "The Fever" :)<P>Atleast that's what I know of<P>BrianN

Charles
05-14-2000, 02:45 PM
this is a good topic to reply to...<P>Uptown Downhome Good Ol' Boy<BR>New Way to Fly<BR>We Bury the Hatchet<BR>Night Rider's Lament<BR>Night I Called the Old Man Out<BR>Keys to My Heart<BR>How You Ever Gonna Know<BR>Wild as the Wind <BR>Terrin' it Up and Burnin' it Down<BR>When You Come Back to Me Again<P>thats the condenced (i think thats how you spell it ..LOL) version N

pldrw
05-15-2000, 06:09 AM
I liked Ireland, Bury the hatchet, and Dixie Chicken all i would love to have seen them as singles!! But my favorite is probally Keep your Hands to yourself!! ;)N

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-15-2000, 07:04 AM
Cold Shoulder<BR>Cowboys and Angels<BR>Ireland<BR>Belleau Wood<BR>No One Around<BR>Fit for a King N

minnesotagbfan
05-15-2000, 08:47 AM
how could i have possibly forgotten "wils as the wind"..a song that has the two best voices on it..add this to my list N

minnesotagbfan
05-15-2000, 08:48 AM
oops...."wild as the wind"N

Jen19
05-15-2000, 02:57 PM
Cheryl I'm pretty sure That Ol Wind was releaed ...<P>how could I not metion<P>"When you come Back to me Again"<P>I must have listen to that song 100 times a day okay I'm exatrating but only a little bit :) LOL<P>Jen<P>N

SweetGBFan
05-15-2000, 04:42 PM
Okay lets see.<BR>I Dont Have To Wonder<BR>Face to Face<BR>The Old Stuff (I dont think that was released as a single) I think Every Now and Then was released as a single cause I think it was a #1 song for Garth) could be mistaken .<BR>Take the Keys to My Heart, Cowboy Cadillac, Kickin and Screamin, The Red Strokes, Bellawood, Same Old Story(should have been released as a single. One of the best)Could name a lot more but I guess Ill quit here.N

honky
05-15-2000, 10:35 PM
First of all, why do people like <B>Lonesome Dove</B> so much? What does the song talk about?<P>I am sorry to admit this, but I never pay attention to that one :o I don't hate it, but it just doesn't catch me like every other song.<P><BR>Songs I love that aren't released are:<P>1. Belleau Wood<BR>2. I don't have to wonder<BR>3. Every now and then<BR>4. This ain't Tennesse<BR>5. MAIN STREET!!<BR>6. UNSIGNED LETTERS!!<BR>7. <B>When you come back to me again</B><BR>8. Alabama Clay :)<BR>9. Red Strokes<BR>10.How you ever gonna know<P><BR>TommyN

Garth2Gaines
05-16-2000, 05:01 AM
Hands down, my favorite is "When you come back to me", then "every now & then", "I don't have to wonder", "This ain't Tennessee", and "Hard Luck Woman".<P>As for Chris Gaines, "maybe" :)<P>dwayneN

Chris Gaines
05-16-2000, 05:10 AM
Here Brian.. read :D<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>In Lonesome Dove[/b] <BR>Written by: Garth Brooks, Cynthia Limbaugh <P>She was a girl on a wagon train <BR>Haded west across the plains <BR>The train got lost in a summer storm <BR>They couldn't move west and they couldn't go home <BR>Then she saw him ridin' through the rain <BR>He took charge of the wagons and he saved the train <BR>And she looked down and her heart was gone <BR>The train went west but she stayed on <BR>In Lonesome Dove <P>A farmer's daughter with a gentle hand <BR>A blooming rose in a bed of sand <BR>She loved the man who wore a star <BR>A Texas Ranger known near and far <BR>So they got married and they had a child <BR>But times were touch and the West was wild <BR>So it was no surprise the day she learned <BR>That her Texas man would not return <BR>To Lonesome Dove <P>Back to back with the Rio Grande <BR>A Christian woman in the devil's land <BR>She learned the language and she learned to fight <BR>But she never learned how to beat the lonely nights <BR>In Lonesome Dove, Lonesome Dove <P>She watched her boy grow into a man <BR>He had an angel's heart and the devil's hand <BR>He wore his star for all to see <BR>He was a Texas lawman legacy <BR>The one day word blew into town <BR>It seemed the men that shot his father down <BR>Had robbed a bank in Cherico <BR>The only thing 'tween them and Mexico <BR>Was Lonesome Dove <P>The shadows stretched across the land <BR>As the shots rang out down the Rio Grande <BR>And when the smoke had finally cleared the street <BR>The men lay at the ranger's feet <BR>But legend tells to this very day <BR>That shots were comin' from an alleyway <BR>Though no one knows who held the gun <BR>There ain't no doubt if you ask someone <BR>In Lonesome Dove <P>Back to back with the Rio Grande <BR>A Christian woman in the devil's land <BR>She learned the language and she learned to fight <BR>But she never learned how to beat the lonely nights <BR>In Lonesome Dove, Lonesome Dove<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Garth's comments about this song:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>It's very "AMAZING SONG" because it was written by a woman. I'm not saying that women can't write, but this is a song about a man, and to have a woman write a song in a mans view and be right no the nail, makes this just amazing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's just a beautiful ballad :)<BR>JasonN

loreli
05-16-2000, 07:06 AM
Great Topic!<P>Lonsome Dove<BR>Wild As The Wind (woohoo Russ)<BR>How You Ever Gonna Know<BR><B>Main Street</B> (My fav Chris song)<BR>Belleau Wood<BR><B>Hard Luck Woman</B>(I LOVE THIS SONG)<P><BR>Lori :D<BR>N

garthsgirl
05-16-2000, 08:02 AM
Here's my list:<P> The Red Strokes<BR> In Lonesome Dove<BR> Which One Of Them<BR> Ireland<BR> Belleau Wood<BR> When You Come Back To Me Again<P> (And almost every other song he has ever sung!) Lisa<BR>N

GBsgirl
05-17-2000, 11:48 AM
Here's my list:<P>Everytime that It Rains<BR>This Ain't Tenn<BR>Which One Of Them<BR>Walkin After Midnite<BR>The Red Strokes<BR>Ireland<BR>take The Keys To My Heart<BR>When You Come Back TO Me AgainN

no1cowgirl
05-17-2000, 04:20 PM
Mine would be...<BR> 'The Change'<BR> 'The Red Strokes'<BR> 'One Night A Day'<BR> 'When You Come Back To Me Again'<BR> 'Shameless'<BR> 'Victim Of The Game'<BR> 'Mr. Blue'<BR> 'The Cowboy Song'<BR> 'Wild As The Wind'<BR> 'Fit For A King'<BR> <P>Krista<BR> N