PDA

View Full Version : I Felt The End

thedance_2000
08-08-2000, 06:25 PM
I know that sounds a little spooky, but I really did...
<br>
<br>I was listening to The Dance yesterday and all sudden I just started bahling out loud. Suddenly I just got this message from my heart that this is it! Some how I just knew Garth is going to bow out. Maybe I'm wrong, god I hope so... but I doubt it. I know this isn't a revalation to many of you, but to me it was. Because this is my first real acceptance of it, and I realized something...
<br>I've let go... I think there is a time and place for everything in our life and Garth had his in mine. Some how I know the good hes done has run its course, and thats why I feel its over. The best ones in life often have a "short" run. I'm just hope he goes out right, like MJ or Elway. I mean when MJ hit that game winning shot in the finals, it was a beautiful moment! Because somehow and somewhere you knew that was it, and god what a way to go! Even though Garth has said no album this year, I think hes knows as well as anyone how to bow out. I for one now believe he will do it with bittersweet grace.
<br>I looked back on my life today and it all made sense why I needed Garth. For me as a teenager, he was everything in man that my father never possesed. Garth was love and compassion, I never got that... At first I didn't want to believe that was why, but I now believe it is. Garth was everything I wanted in my life and everything I wanted in my personality. In many ways Garth raised me through alot of my ups and downs... In a symbolic way only, but it means the world to me. The thing is I don't need it anymore...
<br>I'm happy and my husband and daughter I need incredibly! I am at the happiest place I've ever been. Garth will always be a part of how I got here. Yet again, I've let go... not of the memories, or the music. But I've let go of the person, and though I'll always love and respect him, I think hes played his part in my life!
<br>This isn't my goodbye though, merely the start of something I can't wait to live. I'm at a new level of respect for Garth, like I've seen a beautiful painting for the first time in person. I've realized I had no idea just how important he was...
<br>Even though I think its the end of Garth the singer/performer, for him it to is only the begining of something he can't wait to live!
<br>
<br>With love forever god bless you all,
<br>Kate
<br>
<br>N

Garth2Gaines
08-08-2000, 06:54 PM
If he does retire many people everywhere will miss him in many different ways. As his songs mean so much to so many people in many ways. His life has touched a very varied group of people around the world. Whether it be by music or by words. His legacy will live in the hearts of millions...
<br>
<br>But he's not going quietly, either, don't forget the bash he promised on Crook & Chase:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

fuzzwuzz
08-08-2000, 08:58 PM
Kate, I was very touched by your heartfelt 'goodbye' to Garth. As a new fan, thanks to Chris Gaines, I realize some people's endings are only just beginnings for fans like me. And because of how you 'let go' of Garth now, maybe it's a whole wonderful start for you as well?
<br> You have made Garth and his music sound like a much loved, but wornout hand-me-down. If you don't mind, I'm gonna take him as he is, not as he was. And for all he's gonna be.
<br> It's interesting, how some look back at all the fond memories, and some, like me think the best is yet to come! My mind and heart are in future-tense gear on this ride with Chris, while yours is in past-tense with Garth.
<br> I just hope Garth keeps remaining as real to us as we will let him. He said he is ours as long as we would have him. Don't stop hoping Kate, ok?
<br> Thanks again for helping me see through the eyes of a fan who knew Garth first, and all you have been through with him.
<br> I hope my enthusiasm is refreshing to some of you who mourn as Kate does. I'll try to be more sympathetic to your feelings though. For some, this is a very hard time I gather. N

Vanessa
08-08-2000, 09:55 PM
Dwanye,
<br>
<br> What's the bash that Garth promised about on Crook & Chase? I agree with you Dwanye!! Good pionts! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

thedance_2000
08-08-2000, 10:36 PM
For me it has been a great ride. I understand people like you fuzzwuzz who only recently found Garth(Chris), and thank you for seeing my side. I grew up on Garth basically, and in turn I think hes grown up on us. I remember my first concert was back in 89' maybe early 90' when he was opening for Reba McEntire. He was about 27 or 28 and looked so young, fresh, and kind of like a kid in an amusement park. I was in the latter year of junior high and really wanted nothing to do with country music, or any other kind! Some how though I ended up going with my good friend Amanda and just happened to have front row seats on the left side of the stage. It didn't take but a few chords of If Tomarrow Never Comes to make me a fan for life...
<br>Garth got a standing ovation that night, from me included! I had gone in there barely willing, but within minutes of Garths words and sweet smiles knew I'd found my kind of performer! Then when he did "The Dance", I was one of those people who truely "got it" that first time. I distinctly remember the way he looked down at me while he sung the chorus the second time. There was a light in his eyes and a smile of pure understanding, and I know he saw that I really "got it". The emotion on my face must have been incredible, because afterwards he came over to me. He reached down and hugged me and kissed me(you had to understand all though I was about 14, I looked more like about 20) and whispered thank you sweetie softly in my ear. It was was only when he pulled back that I realized I had been crying, because my cheeks were soaking wet! With that classic grin he sliped his guitar pick in my hand and gave me a nod of understanding.
<br>That first time hearing the Dance and right afterwards was my best Garth moments. Though I have met him, spoken to him, and seen many concerts on later occasions... None compared to that time. Because I "got it", and that was the greatest feeling in the world! The fact that he saw in me that I did made all that more special. I changed in an unexplainable way in that moment.
<br>I know you don't have memories like this, and for you your ride is just begining. For me though its memories, because I've been through all of it and it really does seem to be ending for me. Its for people like you though that I hope Garth sticks around, but I hope he balances that with his family. Its not that I won't buy anything more he does put out and love it! Its just I feel like the time that was meant to REALLY impact me has come and gone.
<br>
<br>This isn't a time of mourning for me its, I'm at peace with this now. Its a time of understanding and great gratitude! Its time for me to say Thank You back to Garth, I only wish it could end with a hug like it began!
<br>
<br>God bless you, all the pgers and Garth fans out there! All those who have yet to "get it", I pray you do!
<br>To Garth and the Brooks family, you have only been incredible! I thank you for being there and giving yourself up to the music, even if it was for a limited time... Garth, you the best babe! You don't have anything to prove, because the music says it all..
<br>
<br>May god do his will,
<br>Kate N

fuzzwuzz
08-08-2000, 11:27 PM
Wow Kate, that was really special! But don't forget, Garth promised us a party some where down the line!
<br> You see, I 'get it' too, with Chris Gaines! That full impact could be like a tidal wave, ya think!!!?
<br> I am glad you have found some peace now.
<br> My Garth moments are not at concerts, but through the music, Garth quotes, videos, postings, anything. And just think, it is all as new to me as it was for you back then! Who says it has to end for either of us just yet?N

sasteen
08-09-2000, 04:48 AM
I only wish I could "come to terms" like you all. I know it is going to be hard on me when I hear those words from Garth himself. I know to the rest of my family I am going to look like some kind of idiot when it does happen. Garths' music has also gotten me through some rough times. These days seem to be the worst ever. I just pop a cd in and his music does more for me than any pill could. I know I am going to take it bad because I am not ready for him to be done. I know that is very selfish but its true.
<br>The only problem with the big bash that he promised is that it will probably be for his friends and record people and not his fans. Wouldn't that be cool if Planet Garth were invited? I think it will make it worse when there is a party and noone invites me (pouting)
<br>Well, now that I am depressed AGAIN....I am going for a garth fix.
<br>N

loreli
08-09-2000, 07:29 AM
Kate,
<br>
<br>That was so sweet. :)
<br>
<br>BUT Peoples he hasn't retired YET!!
<br>
<br>I won't even think about comming to terms with anything until I hear the words from Garth's mouth...and then..he has been known to change his mind..and frequently! :)
<br>
<br>Keep the faith guys at least until you hear Garth say it. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

Garth2Gaines
08-09-2000, 07:59 AM
Vanessa, back in December he announced his thoughts of retiring at the end of this year. He said that he would take most of the year to work with and be with his family. And that he would probily announce his retirement at the end of the year, but he has something big planned before that:) That's pretty much all we know of it, it's still a secret that noone seems to know yet:)
<br>
<br>Except that we (the fans) will love it and it will make the music industry upset:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

littlebit
08-09-2000, 09:02 AM
Kate,
<br>
<br>*wiping away tears* no offense but i hope you're wrong too, and until i hear it from Garth's lips it won't be over. but at the same time, i'm trying to see the bigger picture. And it's very hard to do right now. i just want him to be happy, but i don't want to lose him/them in the process. And most of the news i've heard is breaking my heart! (except for himself and Sandy getting along, like i said i want himself to be happy) So excuse me while i go cry this out....
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

SweetGBFan
08-09-2000, 12:31 PM
I too think Garth is bowing out. I am so sad about it, but I dont think he would be saying it if he was not seriously considering it. I sure hope he does something really cool before he goes. I dont think he will go out with a wimper. He will give us a big party before he goes, what that is I dont know. He could still do another farewell tour, which I think he may do. Then I think he will go. I will cherish my Garth memories and stuff cause I too think this is the end.N

Vanessa
08-09-2000, 12:56 PM
Thanks Dwanye for your help! :) 'apprecaite it!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

psa
08-09-2000, 06:31 PM
Garth has touched all of us in one way or another,
<br>either through his words in a song or for the ones
<br>that have been able to meet and talk with him. I think
<br>that all the signs are there that he is going to retire
<br>and if and when that time comes we will all be afected
<br>in one way or another but we have to remember all the
<br>memories that he has given to us and his music will
<br>go on for ever. And really we should not be sad if he
<br>does go we should be happy for him. I think he would
<br>want that. and we do have each other here at pg to
<br>help us through.<P>(This message has been edited by psa)N

polly_wants_a_cracker
08-09-2000, 07:14 PM
Get a hold on yourselves. Yall are sounding like Garth has some kind of disease and will be dying. Nothing is over until Garth saids so and another thing Garth has talked very much so on retirng in the past when his first daughter was born. He sounded very serious back then and I would say he sounded more serious back in those days then he does now.
<br>
<br>Plus Garth has stated numerous times that even if he does retire this time he would still go on and pursue things in other fields. He said his charity work and I am sure he will do a few more spring trainings and other things plus he said he would most likely still write songs. Another thing is Garth has said he will be involved in more film projects with his production company not just the Lamb. He is not just going to sit at home and triddle his thumbs around when his kids are in schoool. I also think a lot of this retirement has a lot to do with his Mother's passing and him grieving.
<br>
<br>I also think that even if Garth is going to retire he will not be anouncing it this year because he has made it cleared that he is not releasing any albums in 2000. I don't see him announcing a retirement without one last album. But maybe I am wrong on that one.
<br>
<br>I am waiting to hear it from him but I will still know that if he retires he is not just going to disapear and never be heard or seen of again.N

Garthmedic
08-09-2000, 08:46 PM
If he retires...... Two things:
<br>
<br>1- He will forever sing within our hearts and..
<br>
<br>2- We should not resent him for giving what he has for the past 11 years.
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N