PDA

View Full Version : another do you think?

CGGB
05-10-2000, 05:52 PM
Do you think there will ever be a singer to be as big as Garth in the future. Or one that is around right now who could do what Garth has done. As far as sales of Cd's,concert tickets,videos,and just being the great guy Garth is.N

hugeGBnutt
05-10-2000, 06:06 PM
<I>NOPE!!</I> :D.....its very rare for someone to have the kind of success Garth has had, and plus the way music is today it is hard for an artist to establish themselves, so no i don't think it will happen, and *IF* its even a possibility it won't be for a very long time....<P>aRiN

Hawk7lte
05-10-2000, 06:27 PM
Yes - because of technology, including computer - videos - cds - etc, along with changes in communication, language there will be an increasing world market and world public. In addition people will learn from techniques and hopefully correct human problems involved with Garth's career, listening audience, media, and marketing strategies.<P>However, I also think we are seeing a pause, a refocus, a redirection, but not an end at this point in Garth's career.<P>Hawk N

minnesotagbfan
05-10-2000, 10:33 PM
will someone be as big as garth in the future ..only if the start when they are 3 and live til 97 ..lol..no it wont happen :)N

Fresh_Horses
05-11-2000, 01:19 AM
Maybe not another singer but possibly another group. Look how big Elvis was, look how big the Beatles were. There will be another time where there is a name that is as big as Garth's maybe the person isnt around yet but there is someone. N

Pilgrim
05-11-2000, 02:00 AM
I agree with Hawk :)<P>Like Steven Tyler once said.<P>One day we will be able to buy the live CD's right after the concert. They just print them out back and you have to wait 40 minutes and then you can buy the CD from the concert you've just been to :D<P>Sounds like a fair deal to me :)<P>Imagine the sales of the artist when that time comes???<P>Brian :)N

Anonymous
05-11-2000, 07:23 AM
I think the Dixie Chicks could sell as much as Garth. Look at all they done with only 2 CDs. One is nearing diamond status the other is at 5 million and gaining everyday. There shows look to be as great as Garth's so they've got all the qualities that one would need to be "the next Garth". Just my opinion though.N

Pilgrim
05-11-2000, 01:30 PM
I <B>LOVE</B> The Chicks, but I don't think they will ever reach as many sold albums as Garth :o :o<P>Actually I don't think the person he does is to be found in country.<P>Here we are talking pop or rock :)<P>To be honest! <P>Like Garth will NEVER outsell The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zeppelin and maybe a couple more, I don't think anyone will reach Garth's point.<P>I think the Top 6 will be out of reaxh for everybody in the future :)<P>Brian<P>BrianN

TGcraz4GB
05-11-2000, 01:37 PM
Here's my answers:<BR>could never tell(the future that is)<BR>definitely NO<BR>no<BR>and there could never be another Garth. (he's just different)in a good way!<P>Terri<BR>N

SweetGBFan
05-11-2000, 01:50 PM
Im not sure that anyone will sell as many albums in such a short time as Garth did, but I think in the future that there will be people who sell as many as Garth but maybe in a longer period of time. Possibly the Chicks will and maybe Shania, afterall she has sold almost 30 million in just two albums. But I dont think anyone will carry the popularity that Garth has in both album sales and concerts. (No one comes close in my book)N

no1cowgirl
05-11-2000, 02:57 PM
Well, if you want my opinion.....I'd love to be as big as Garth--not for the money, not for the fame--but to influence people positively and so signifigantly as garth has. It's be my dream to be as big as him. I don't know if I'll ever be able to be as big as him, like I said, I'd like to be--BUT I do think it is possible! Selling as many CD's and money and stuff....it is possible, I believe. <P><BR>KristaN