PDA

View Full Version : Any Andy Cooney fans out there?

Garthologist
08-06-2000, 05:26 AM
I know that Andy Cooney is not a country singer but I did not know where else to put this topic. I was just introduced to Andy Cooney's music which is mostly Irish oriented (which a lot of Irish music has a country feel), and I really love it. The funny thing is that I am Italian-American! I got into it because I work at an Irish American resort and listen to Irish music all day. His music is great and he is such a genuine person, somewhat reminds me of a Garth-aire about him. (That is what drew me to him in the first place.) He is also a huge Garth fan and he sings Garth somgs at his shows. He even recorded "Unanswered Prayers" on one of his albums.
<br>
<br>You can check out his site at andycooney.com. I think a lot of you guys would like his style of music.
<br>
<br>Also is anyone out there from Ireland that could give me a feeling of how he is received over there? Any input would be great. Thanks!
<br>
<br>ToniN

Pilgrim
08-06-2000, 01:38 PM
Irish music is always great:)
<br>
<br>U2, Van Morrison, The Corrs, Andrew Strong:):), The Dubliners, The Cranberries, etc.
<br>
<br>I LOVE Irish music, but I have to admit I have never heard this name before :eek:
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garthologist
08-21-2000, 07:20 PM
It is not just Irish music even though that is what he is known for. His new album is spiritual in nature. Is anyone from Ireland here at PG that can tell me how his current single "I wanna be different" is doing on the charts? Thanks for any help from my Irish friends. N