PDA

View Full Version : A GB Book....

Vanessa
08-02-2000, 08:13 PM
Hi ya'll! I've been away because I was in Ocean City,MD on a mini-vacation. Anyway, while I was there I found a book about Garth, and I knew I had to get it!! :) I'm not sure how to summarize this book in order to say what's it's about. But I'm going to try my best. :)
<br>
<br>"American Thunder: The Garth Brooks Story" By Jo Sgammato NY Times bestselling author
<br>
<br>".....On April 12,1989, Garth's first albumn was released, and since then, the entertainment world - and America-haven't been the same. He was an ordinary guy from Yukon,OK, who hoped to become an athlete until he discovered his own uniqueability to harness the power of music and reach into people's hearts and souls. By giving all to his fans and combining the flash of rock 'n' roll with the music and values of country, Garth has created some of the most spectacualr hits and concert events of out time, selling a monumental 89 million albums in just ten years.
<br>
<br>In a boo that's (almost) as mun as being there, go backstage and into the recording studio... roam behind the scenes at Fan Fair and the country music award shows... travel from Texas Stadium to Central Park and to the concert halls of Europe and Australia.... and learn the stories behind the songs like "The Dance", "The Thunder Rolls", and the all-time party anthem "FILP". Discover the real Garth Brooks-from his childhood and college years in OK to his ordinary-guy struggles with questions of success,family, and the meaning of life. From his tough early years in Nashville to his latest venture into the movies with "The Lamb", celebrate the man who created a new kind of storm:American Thunder. If you own even one Garth Brooks album- you must read this book!
<br>
<br>
<br>P.s There's Pics!! One of Garth's face really well up-close!!!!!! :) :) Oh those baby blue eyes.... *sighing*
<br>
<br>There are 8 color pics of Garth!! :)
<br>
<br>Sorry for the long post, I saw this book and thought that it would be a good bok to share with ya'll! :)
<br>
<br>Enjoy!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa
<br>N

no1cowgirl
08-02-2000, 08:56 PM
Vanessa-
<br> Yeah, this is a great book. And sometimes, Jo....the author of the book posts on the site. I haven't seen him in a while, though! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

cowgirl14
08-02-2000, 09:11 PM
VANESSA I got the book and I read it it's a really good book my sister got it for me.N

Vanessa
08-03-2000, 06:50 AM
Yeah, it's a great book alright :) Thanks for ya'lls responses! :)
<br>
<br>VanessaN

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
08-03-2000, 09:01 AM
Excellent book! (Krista, Jo is a woman lol!)
<br>
<br>.....and there has been a chapter added recently updating what Garth has been doing since the book first came out (CG project, baseball, retirement etc.) and it mentions PG! too cool!
<br>
<br>CCN

Pilgrim
08-03-2000, 02:47 PM
Yep:) GREAT book:):)
<br>
<br>I think every PGer got one:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

BlueRose
08-03-2000, 04:18 PM
Hey Vanessa,
<br>
<br>IMHO, it's one of the best books ever written about Garth!!! This woman started out as somewhat neutral about Garth and by the time she'd finished her research,
<br>she was a definite believer. :-) I emailed her through the publishing company but I don't know if she ever got it as I didn't get a reply and I even promote it on my Garthsite along with a few others including Jenny's 'Ripples'.
<br>
<br>You were in Ocean City, MD...very cool!!
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br><P>(This message has been edited by BlueRose)N

Vanessa
08-03-2000, 04:28 PM
CC, do you know of this part of "American Thunder: The GB story" is out yet? Is it published?? It's a great book!! I just love the first pick of garth up-close!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) It drives me crazy just lookin' at him!! lol!! :) :) Thanks for ya'lls responses.. again! hehhe. :)
<br>
<br>Ocean City, was great!! :) :) Have you ever been to Ocean City, MD Cheryl?
<br>
<br>VanessaN