PDA

View Full Version : Michael Martin Murphy

littlebit
08-02-2000, 12:35 PM
Hey ya'll
<br>
<br>Took the boys back up to the Autry Museum. (Cody had never been there yet.) Picked up some music there at the gift shop. They have a selection on Native American and Real Cowboy music. It's AWESOME! i had such a hard time making up my mind that the kids had something already pick out and paid for before i finally made a decision.:P
<br>
<br>If you get a chance and can find it "Cowboy Songs III" by Michael Martin Murphy. Warner Western 9 45423-2 is HOT!!! :cool:
<br>
<br>Alot of the studio musicians that play with Garth are on here. And Debbi Nims sings a duet on it. She has such a beautiful voice and i'm surprised that no one has offered herself an recording contract. What a sweet voice that girl has!:cool:
<br>
<br>There is so many cool old songs and Murphy includes a lot of stories in the booklet about the songs. ie: Did you know that the original 'Rosa's Cantina' in El Paso (Marty Robbins) is still standing?! Man, i didn't even know it was real to begin with! :P
<br>
<br>It has songs about Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Frank James, Cole Younger etc. and it has songs that are cool like Strawberry Roan with Chris Ledoux, The West is Gonna Get Wilder which, if you like anything Garth does you'll love this one. :cool:
<br>
<br>Anyway, in one day
<br>
<br>1. i heard about Garth giving his staff the rings, which kinda got me upset. (i think it got a few of us upset really):(
<br>
<br>2. the rent got raised $$$$:(
<br>
<br>3. Sean needs braces $$$$$$$ :eek:
<br>
<br>4. One of the tires on the truck failed on the way home from the musuem.(Thank you Grandfather it didn't blow):(
<br>
<br>5.Getting out the spare from under the truck, it fell on my hand (full force) and i can barely type, nor can't play my guitar or fiddle.:eek::(:mad:
<br>
<br>5. The screen door broke off as soon as we got home.:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>6. And Sean stepped barefoot into some cactus!:eek::(
<br>
<br>i swear it was Monday!!:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>Sometimes when you have a bad day, music sure can put it all in perspective. i wanted to dance ala the Dixie Chicks, but my hand hurts too bad, so i may write one about this, who knows! That CD put a smile back on my husband too, even after i gave him the bad news. :)
<br>
<br>Hope y'all are fairin' better!:)
<br>
<br>take care
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Pilgrim
08-02-2000, 03:36 PM
*LOL* Sounds like the whole world is falling apart for you ;););)
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing your trip:):)
<br>
<br>I LOVE reading about the outlaws of the old west, but you doesn't get any info about that here in DK:(:(
<br>
<br>BrianN

rightnow777
08-06-2000, 11:01 AM
hey little bit,
<br> what's the story on the rings, why did it upset you.
<br>
<br> shelley N

littlebit
08-07-2000, 06:41 AM
Shelly,
<br>
<br>Actually i think what Garth did was really sweet. it just sounds like he's not coming back. Superbowls rings are for after the game ya know? But then, as Garth's sister said once "You never know what he's going to do..' So i'll keep faith and hope it all works out. i just hope they're all okey.
<br>
<br>take care
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN