PDA

View Full Version : CMA Nominations

SweetGBFan
07-31-2000, 05:07 PM
Well, tomorrow is the day of announcing the CMA nominees. What are the chances that Garth will be nominated for anything? He has done stuff this year, even though I am sure he will not be nominated for Entertainer of the Year, do you think he will be nominated for male artist or for his video? I read the critera for being nominated and it is voted for June 1 of the previous year to May 31 of the current year. Does the video qualify? Was it released before May 31st of this year, I dont remember. I just wonder if he will be snubbed this year. I kind of think he was snubbed at the ACM this year. He has done stuff this year so we will wait and see. Also this is voted on by other country artists and then sent for a final vote and nomination. Anyway I am starting to ramble, but I hope he gets nominated for something, though Im not sure he will. What do you guys think?N

Pilgrim
07-31-2000, 05:21 PM
I don't think he will, and honestly I don't think he should:eek:
<br>
<br>he hjaven't done anything this year except releasing a song;)
<br>
<br>MAYBE that soung could be nominated as song of the year, but I doubt it.
<br>
<br>BrianN

Cheryl
07-31-2000, 05:29 PM
Well, there would be the possibility of the video or the Christmas album being nominated, but I dont think a Christmas album has ever been nominated by CMA for album of the year. The video was barely released in time....so I would guess that would be kinda iffy. lol, besides....he wasn't rollin around in the sheets on the video, so......uhem, well, nevermind. ;) N

honky
07-31-2000, 05:29 PM
Honestly, I don't expect Garth to be nominated in any categories. But if CMT has good taste, I hope the new song could be nominated for SONG OF THE YEAR. It can't be SINGLE OF THE YEAR cuz it's not really a single...LOL
<br>
<br>Even for VIDEO OF THE YEAR is pretty hard since it's a movie video...
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

garthsgirl
08-02-2000, 05:45 PM
I read in the paper today that Garth is not nominated for any awards this year. That's a shame, WYCBYMA deserves recognition. Oh, well.
<br>
<br> LisaN

honky
08-02-2000, 06:58 PM
That's not the worse... I still can't believe that "let's make love" is being nominated!! The song has just entered Top40 in last couple weeks.. I thought CMA only considers materials that are no later than May31!!
<br>
<br>That just shows me how CMA is not the same.... CMA is just what record labels want them to be...
<br>
<br>
<br>Shame!
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN