PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gail .... PLEASE READ (Very Sad News)

nelty
05-10-2000, 05:13 AM
Hi everyone.<P>I didn't want to post this but I thought you should know cause everyone were helping Gail.<P>Linda emailed me this morning. Gail passed on early this morning. :(<P>My prayers are with your family, Linda. <P>NellyN

loreli
05-10-2000, 05:35 AM
Oh Linda,<P>:*( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :*(<P>LoriN

pldrw
05-10-2000, 05:52 AM
I know she is with my mom and Coileen!!;(<BR>N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
05-10-2000, 06:07 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you too Linda.<P>God Bless you and Gail.<P>KarinN

Pilgrim
05-10-2000, 06:26 AM
Oh NO!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(<P>BrianN

Lost 'n' Garth
05-10-2000, 06:34 AM
I am so sorry!! :( :( :(<P>CheriN

angelamccann
05-10-2000, 07:01 AM
I've just posted this on H&V too for the benefit of those who read and post there.<P>My thoughts are with Linda and her family right now - but I think there is still a chance that something could be done to let Garth know about this little girl who cared - I've emailed Pam with an idea for her consideration.<P>Angela xN

LVGB4EVER
05-10-2000, 07:56 AM
OH gosh I am sooo sorry to hear this bad news :( I was so hoping that little Gail could get her wish :( I hope she is having Garth dreams in Heaven.<P>My Prayer's are with you linda at this time of need and I know Gail is in a happy place now with no pain.<P>You take care..if eve you need to talk Please e-mail me.<BR>SueN

garthaddict
05-10-2000, 08:24 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.I am also sorry that Garth wasn't able to do something before she passed on.I know this doesn't make it any easier but now she doesn't have to suffer any more pain or heartache.She is in a happier place now.Who knows maybe she will meet up with Garth's Mom and she will make up for what Garth couldn't.Please don't ever feel like you failed her where Garth was concerned because you didn't, you tried your heart out and did the very best you could do and she knows that.My prayers will be with you and your family.N

Jude
05-10-2000, 08:58 AM
OMG!<BR>There are no words at a time like this. I know she is in a better place. My thoughts are with her family and friends.<P>JudeN

honky
05-10-2000, 09:51 AM
WHAT? <P>THIS IS SO SAD :( :( :( :( <P>I have been trying to let Garth knows about this :( :(<P><BR>TommyN

Teach
05-10-2000, 10:19 AM
Such sad news! :( Linda, I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. :(N

SweetGBFan
05-10-2000, 10:29 AM
I am so sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Gails family. I wish Garth could know about this.N

nelty
05-10-2000, 10:34 AM
TOmmy...<P>please check your email.. :-)<P>NellyN

pldrw
05-10-2000, 10:46 AM
I have been thinking all day since i found Linda's E-mail this morning. Why??? Why this happened this way after all of Nelly's,Angela's, my work on this . The only reason i can come up with is that God wants us to try and help Linda deal with this!! Linda like i wrote to you IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!! I am here to try and do anything i can for you!! Many (((((HUGS ))))))) PamN

GBenthusiast
05-10-2000, 11:05 AM
You and Gail are in my prayers!!<P>JenN

BlueRose
05-10-2000, 12:41 PM
Thanks Nelly for posting this! I've been crying ever since I got the message in my mailbox. This is so totally unfair! I'm not questioning God's work but she so wanted a note or a call from Garth. It's just so unfair. Linda, if there's anything at all I can do for you and the family, please let me know. You have my deepest sympathy.<P>Cheryl<P><BR>N

BigGfan4life
05-10-2000, 04:21 PM
:( :( :( :( :( That is so sad to hear...I am so sorry for your loss. :( :( :( N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
05-10-2000, 05:09 PM
I too received an email from Linda today. She stated that Gail loved the pictures that I sent her and she was holding her favorite one in her hand as she passed away. :(<P>I bawled my eyes out after reading her email. <P>My thoughts and prayers are with Linda and her family. I too wish that Gail could have had her Garthmoment before she slipped away. <P>Monica N

azyankee
05-10-2000, 05:31 PM
:( How sad to hear Gail lost her battle... :(<P>For some reason, I was thinking of her all day today as I was driving my school bus. I kept wondering if anyone had contacted Kelly Brooks for help, or if Tommy had succeeded in getting through to Garth. <P>Everyone on the forums showed concern and many of you were trying every resource you had to make Gail's fondest wish come true. Gail tried her darndest to hang in there for her Garth moment, but time was against her. God must have needed one more angel in heaven to call Gail to His side so soon.<P>Garthine (Linda)...we all grieve for your loss. Since you joined us to relate Gail's story, you have become a part of our PG family. We are here for you sweetie!<P>Y@nkeeN

BLL
05-10-2000, 05:45 PM
Linda<P>God bless you and your husband in this time of loss. As a mother who has lost two precious lives, you both have my prayers.<P>Please remember the loving, wonderful, times with Gail. Memorize her smile and I *promise* you it will heal your heart. God loves you both and will carry you both through this most difficult of times. Gail was simply too beautiful for earth; God wanted her to rest in His love, and she will embrace you once He's called you to His arms.<P>Cling to each other; His will shall guide you. The ache will become love if you allow Him to replace it.<P>God bless you, Linda. We moms have to carry the world on our shoulders and our hearts. Let go and Let God carry some of the load for you.<P>barbaraN

Cheryl
05-10-2000, 05:47 PM
:( How sad. My thoughts and prayers are going out to the family as well.N

Snow
05-10-2000, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry for the pain and loss suffered by Linda and her family. I pray one day we will find better answers for these diseases.<P>There are no words to describe how hard it is to see your child suffer and to lose one is beyond imagining.<P> :(<BR>DebN

splitzer
05-10-2000, 05:51 PM
Linda,<P>My heart is terribly saddened by your loss, but I truly believe that she is happier than she has ever been right now! God will never stop caring for Gaile, and the way I see it, Colleen is probably telling stories to Gaile about Garth's childhood that are filling Gaile with glee.<P>Take all the time you need, and never worry about asking for help. We are here for you, and Jesus will hold your hand through this. He loves you more than anyone you've ever known could imagine loving you.<P>God Bless.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

AmazedByChris
05-10-2000, 08:40 PM
Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about Gail. May God bless you and yours with warm memories of the happy times. You tried your best for her and she knew that. She loves you for it. I think her angel wings will fan a little breeze over Garth as she finally gets to pay him a visit - and no long car ride to have to endure :)<P>Monica - you did a great thing for Gail. Very sweet of you.<P>Merry <BR>(aka Glenda)<P>N

GRTH FAN
05-10-2000, 09:00 PM
Linda, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!! I'm sorry that Gail lost her battle, and maybe Colleen is giving one of the best gifts of all! HER LOVE with the Angels!!<BR>Donna :(N

honky
05-10-2000, 09:41 PM
*Sigh* I have been thinking about Gail's passing all day today :( <P>I just can't believe that GB Management did not do anything about it :( I know it's not under their control, but still.... maybe I am just being too emotional here :(<P><BR>Damn, I just hope that those whom I have asked for being a messenger could REALLY do something about it this time!!<P><BR>TommyN

Wildhorse
05-10-2000, 10:06 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this! :(<P>MerellN

major tom
05-10-2000, 10:32 PM
Linda<P>I am so sorry for you and your family you are all in my prayers.<P>Gail is in God's hands now, another angel has got her wings.<P>KirstyN

zulu
05-10-2000, 10:35 PM
Linda,<P>My deepest condolences to you and your family for this terrible loss. <P>Having lost my sister to leukemia too, I can imagine what you are going through right now.<P>Hugs<BR>ZeliaN

HeatherJG
05-11-2000, 03:18 AM
Linda<BR>I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's passing. I know how it feels to lose someone to cancer. I wish you lots of love during this difficult time. <P>"I believe there are angels among us <BR>Sent down to us from somewhere up above<BR>They come to you and me in our darkest hours<BR>To show us how to live<BR>To teach us how to give <BR>To guide us with the light of love" Alabama<P>HeatherN

jacsan1451
05-11-2000, 03:57 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( I will keep you all in my prayers. JackieN

garthine
05-11-2000, 04:37 AM
first of all im really in no state of mind to write this but i felt a need to all arangements have been made showing not till this evening funeral tomorow so i have time on my hands .to begin with i want to thank each of you who sent gifts cards letters .i want to thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts i want to thank all of you for trying help me with this mission i have nothing agaist garth ill always be a big fan of his but where did i go wrong ?i should of done something sooner but i didnt know how she was going thru chemo wasnt able to go anywhere i sent letters to mgmt with copies of her condition thru doctor i been doing that since 1998 why didnt she get any responce even from mgmt i didnt have a computter i didnt know anybody with contacts i sent letters to kelly bob dole garth even sent letters with a drawing gail made to garth at spring tran with a copy of letter from doctor i dont know what i did wrong but i couldnt even get her a note why ?im not blameing garth but what did i do wrong im hopeing this will help me understand please reply i felt bad ever posting anything on pg about this i didnt wont it to be taken wrong way im not asking for pity just answers i should done something sooner but i thought after chemo we get a chance i really didnt see this coming this fast she was alert up till end she passed on listening to when you come back to me a tape pj made for her and with pic of garth in hand that monica sent her i hope garth will know about her and know she loved him he brought her alot of happiness hope i will always wonder why she never got as much as a note she sent gifts to mgmt i realize they cant reply to everyone but a child i thought make a exception i hope you guys can help me understand im feeling like i really failed someway i did i wasnt able to give gail what she wanted most she look everyday at mail hopeing get a reply since 98 i really shouldnt be writing but im thinking it will help i cant change anything but maybe will understand better im not asking for pity just answers thanks Linda N

AmazedByChris
05-11-2000, 05:08 AM
Dear Linda - I've been wondering the same thing and here are the thoughts I had:<P>I expect Garth gets hundreds; maybe thousands of requests like this :( . Since so many millions of people have bought his cd's, he has a huge fan base and there are likely very many ill people, including children, among their numbers :( It is possible that he decided at some point that since it was physically impossible for him to answer all the requests he gets, he would answer none of them :( <P>It could also be that his management might not have passed on the requests to him for the same reason. He may never have heard about Gail despite all our attempts.<P>If you sent anything directly addressed to him, it's someplace in a pile in his house. GB Management told me that anything addressed to him directly went into a box and to his house. Somebody else said he's a few years behind on reading his fan mail - again, probably because he gets so much.<P>It's great that Gail had a picture of Garth and a song with her since she loved him so much. And now she can visit him anytime she wants to - I'll bet that's the first place she headed :)<P>I know it's hard, Gail. I'm sorry I can't offer more. I did try Trisha's fan club and they said they'd try to reach her - I just thought of it too late :(<P>I know when my mom died of cancer, it was a bit of comfort to me that she went easily, without going through a lot of suffering. It sounds like Gail floated away peacefully, too. <P>God bless,<BR>Merry <BR>(Glenda)<BR>N

nelty
05-11-2000, 06:00 AM
Let's not forget-<P>-Make a Wish.<BR>-Rosie<BR>-Queen L (don't know how to spell it)<BR>-Capitol Records<P>that's 2 more I know that we tried..<P>NellyN

angelamccann
05-11-2000, 06:15 AM
Linda, I think Merry is right - I don't think Garth got the message - if he had I *know*, as all of us do who were working on your and Gail's behalf, that he would have responded. You did nothing wrong - you could not have loved or done anything more for your child, and your pain now, terrible though it is, is all because of that greatest love of all - that of a mother for her child.<P>I would like to ask you a favour if I may - over the summer I will be starting to put together this year's Garthmas webpage with Christmas messages for Garth and his family from PGers and other fans - I compiled one last year and printouts were sent to Garth, so we know he had the opportunity to see it. This year I would like the page to be dedicated to Gail and to Colleen - would you be willing to give a message and/ or photo of Gail to include on the page, please? This way I am certain Garth would get to know something about this special little girl at the most special time of the year. It would be my honour to put that on the webpage with your consent. Do please let me know how you feel about this.<P>Angela xN

Jen19
05-11-2000, 06:25 AM
My deepest thoughts are with you in your time of loss. I sorry that she was taken at such at young age. You and your family are in all of our prayers.<P>JENN

garthine
05-11-2000, 07:32 AM
i just wanted to say special thanks to pam and nelly they both never gave up they wrote letters fax mgmt sent emails to everyone ask everybody could think of put posts on here as well as g box they both tried with all there might i really appreciate all there hard work i appreciate all of you trying i just hope didnt leave out anything make a wish capitol records radio station was even contacted make a wish tried but wasnt able to make contact except with mgmt thanks and nelly and pam i love you guys thanks N

PJ
05-11-2000, 07:52 AM
I am so glad I could help bring Gail a bit of happiness with one little song. Sad times like this always remind me to take the time to do the little things that might brighten someone's day instead of waiting 'til another sad time emerges.N

LVGB4EVER
05-11-2000, 08:33 AM
Linda,<P>Please don't blame yourself...You did your best as a FAN and as a "Wonderful" Mom :) I'm sure Gail knew that to :) <P>I also know that if Garth heard about this on time he would have done something for her...he still may but we are not sure if he knows yet :( But when he does I can't imagine him ignoring it...he will do something for you :) I have Faith :)<P>You take care..and if you need anything Please contact me k??<BR>SueN

NJ4GARTH
05-11-2000, 08:35 AM
Linda,<P>I'm soory to hear of your loss of Gail. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :(<P>Gail is in a better place and she is probably with Mama Brooks now talking all about Garth. :)<P>As for you feeling bad. I think you did all that you could and I do believe that Gail knew this. <P>TomN

GRTH FAN
05-11-2000, 10:55 AM
Linda, Please don't blame yourself, and I know if he would of got the message, he would of sent her something, or even come to see her! Life isn't Fair sometimes, but thats my biggest Dream to meet Garth too, so Gails Dream will live on in ME!!<BR>Donna :)N

Brooks7
05-11-2000, 11:06 AM
My heart just skipped a beat when I read this, I was reading all the other posts lately about her situation, and praying that her dream would happen.<P>I am so sorry for your loss and will keep praying that maybe someday we can make some sense out of these things that sadden our lives<P>God BlessN

Snow
05-11-2000, 11:35 AM
Gail, I have no answers for you. I too believe that if Garth knew he would have done something if possible.<P>You did everything you possibly could and you know that in your heart. Gail is beyond all of this now and she is so happy. I really believe this. If anything could possibly make her sad... it would be if you are hurting yourself over this.<P>Take care of yourself and let others do for you now. Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing... and just to blow off steam if you need to. People here at PG are great listeners.N

TGcraz4GB
05-11-2000, 01:06 PM
Wow.I can't believe this. I've been reading the past few days. Hoping Garth would be reached. I don't know what to say. Linda, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.<P>TerriN

GBShameless
05-11-2000, 01:22 PM
Linda,<P>I'm sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I too agree and believe as the others, if Garth knew about this request he would have done something for Gail. I truly believe that.<P>Robin<P>N

Pilgrim
05-11-2000, 02:07 PM
Hang in there Linda! We need you here at PG :)<P>You have done NOTHING wrong :)<P>(((((HUGS)))))<P>BrianN

Paula
05-11-2000, 03:09 PM
Linda, I'm so sorry that Gail lost her battle with leukemia. As I read through all the posts, I kept hearing the words of <I>The Dance</I>. You will always have Gail with you in your heart...and she is no longer in any pain.<P>Please accept my condolences :( and don't feel that you failed by not getting Garth's attention. You did everything possible, along with many others here who tried to get a response.<P>PaulaN

pldrw
05-12-2000, 02:36 AM
To everyone who came in here. Here is a special Mother's Day wish to you all!! <BR>Confidential! For Everyone only!<P>Pamela L. Dolen has created a special posty, just for you, Everyone<BR>and has sent it to you on Fri May 12 05:40:51 2000.<P>The posty will be stored for you for 3 weeks.<BR>Be sure to pick it during these 3 weeks before it expires.<P><BR>You may pick it up from <P>Cindys Garth Brooks Postcards<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Opry/3960/post.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Opry/3960/post.html</A> <P>Your ticket number is: 051205405126566<P><BR>Alternatively you can pick it up by clicking on the link below:<BR> <A HREF="http://bas.mypostcards.com/?CindyG+051205405126566" TARGET=_blank>http://bas.mypostcards.com/?CindyG+051205405126566</A> <P>***********<BR>If you are using AOL mail: &lt;a href="http://bas.mypostcards.com/?CindyG+051205405126566"&gt;just click here&lt;/a&gt;.<BR>***********<P> <BR> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

Paula
05-12-2000, 04:06 AM
Thanks, Pam, that was sweet.<P>PaulaN

SpockSarah
05-12-2000, 04:52 AM
Linda,<P> Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through with the loss of a child. But My heart is with you, and you have the support of all of us here at PG.<P> I also offer any help that I am capable of giving. If you need anything that I can help with, please email me. I have cancer myself, although not leukiemia, so I know the pain and the wreckage that can be dealing with the disease. <P> You have many friends here, and I know that if there is anything we can do, we will do it.<P>Thinking of you,<BR>SarahN

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-12-2000, 06:31 AM
Linda,<P>I'm very sorry to hear about Gail. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :( :( :(<P>Don't feel like you failed her. You did everything possible to make her wish come true.<P>God Bless,<BR>LisaN

redstrokes77
05-12-2000, 07:29 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and none of my words will help ease that loss. At least you know there out people out there that really care. I'm sure it was very tough for you to try and grant your daughter's wish while your world was falling apart. I'm sure Gail knows what a great Mom she has.<P>Take Care<BR>deb N

LVGB4EVER
05-12-2000, 08:48 AM
:) Thank-You :)<P>The card was Very nice :) and Happy Mother's day to you all :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N

garthine
05-12-2000, 01:50 PM
i want to let everyone know we laid gail to rest today im very sad its still not sinking in its like a night mare shes been my life for 10 yrs and this is a bad weekend motherd day for me please rember me in your prayers thoughts my husdband is doing better than me he was more prepared its hard on all the family but im one who stayed home seen about her all time while he worked shes been my life so i dont know how im gonna get thru this but i hope i will please keep me in your thoughts thanks Linda N

BlueRose
05-12-2000, 03:47 PM
Linda,<P>You'll always be in my prayers Linda! The others are right, Gail is happy now just like she always hoped to be. She knows the joy now that we all here will come to know in time. It IS indeed time for you to take care of you. She'll always be with you sweetie.<P>We're here for you Linda!<P>Pam,<P>Thank you for the wonderful Mother's Day message.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

Chris Gaines
05-12-2000, 04:12 PM
I posted this at H&V a while back... I didn't post here yet.. cause everything we've tried to do.. seems to have.. well *sigh*..<P>A deadication... to one huge Garthnutt..<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Pretty Little Gail Cordell</B><BR><I>(with help from Vince Gill)</I> <P>You sure have a pretty smile<BR>It sure has been a while<BR>Since I've felt your touch<BR>You've got the sweetest way<BR>I think about you every day<BR>I miss you so much<P>Oh my pretty little Gail Cordell <BR>Are you lonesome tonight<BR>Oh my pretty little Gail Cordell <BR>I'll find you when it all feels right<P>You're so soft and innocent<BR>The sweetest night I ever spent<BR>Was being held in your embrace<BR>You're such a gentle soul<BR>It's killing me to know<BR>When will I see your face<P>Oh my pretty little Gail Cordell <BR>Are you lonesome tonight<BR>Oh my pretty little Gail Cordell <BR>I'll find you when it all feels right<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>*sigh*<BR>Well, she's in a better place now.. away from pain, away from problems. Think thats a good thing. Seh can now watch Garth do everything he does :)<P>JasonN

G-f
05-12-2000, 04:22 PM
Linda,<BR>God bless you and your family! I know Mother's Day will be hard on you, but trust in God to give you the strength to make it through, and know that in all his wisdom that there was a reason. It's hard for you now and I'm sorry for that. I've experienced some personal things like the others have mentioned to you and we just don't "understand" why. We just have to trust and believe. <P>We all knew that you were a wonderful caring mother by reading your post about your daughter. Know that you did and were the best for her.<BR>God bless!<BR>TriciaN

BLL
05-12-2000, 05:30 PM
Linda,<P>You and Gail will forever be in my prayers. Hug your husband deeply; you may think he's doing better than you, but trust me, he needs you every bit as much as you need him.<P>I wish so heartfelt and deeply I could take away your pain; please e-mail me with your phone number if you need to to talk. I've been in your shoes, and while I can't promise to make you feel better, I'm an awfully good listener.<P>Linda, please remember God is holding you and your husband in this most painful of times. If you need me I'm a click away.<P>barbaraN

CaptMorgan
05-16-2000, 11:02 AM
Linda:<P>I can't begin to comprehend the pain you're suffering with right now, but please accept my deepest sympathy and condolances.<P>My heart is breaking for you and your family right now. I've had quite a few "wake up calls" on life in the past couple of weeks, and this is just one more. Never, ever take life or your loved ones for granted - you never know when or if you'll ever see them again. <P>{{{HUGS}}}<BR>SherriN

GottaB-GB
05-17-2000, 08:28 AM
Linda,<P>My prayers are with you...I can't even begin to know your pain, only I can leave you with something I once heard at another young person's memorial...and that is...that Gail's sweet soul had achieved perfection so soon in life that it was pleasing to God. I know that he is with her....God Bless you and your family.<P>ShelleyN

garthsgirl
05-17-2000, 11:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am also sorry for not posting this sooner, but I did not know what to say. It saddens me whenever a child passes. The only thing I can offer is that she must have been a very special little girl for God to want her back with him so soon. She will forever live on in you and the rest of her family. May you eventually find peace and comfort in your heart. LisaN