PDA

View Full Version : Garth's Influences

Paula
07-21-2000, 07:12 PM
This was at countrystars.com...they seem to be continuing to dig up information to pass along -
GARTH BROOKS HELPED BY MOM AND DAD
<br>Garth Brooks recently told the audience of the Hollywood Bowl that he had stopped mourning his mother, Colleen, and is now celebrating her life, likely including the fact that she inspired his career in music. He told us, "My Mom started out on K MARK and CARDINAL RECORDS back in the early '50's and -- '55 through '57 -- recorded at the CAPITOL STUDIOS out in Hollywood. And that was a big influence, of course, on my life and what I wanted to do. She was also one of the best singers ever, I put her right up there with country's best female artists of the age."
<br>
<br>GARTH'S DAD
<br>He didn't contribute music to Garth, but Raymond Brooks turned him into a competitor. "My dad was a Golden Gloves champ in the Marines in Korea, and that'll intimidate you to survive. Not saying that he was tough on us, but he did put the competitive fear in us. And he told us that we would go out for at least one sport a year if it was Tiddlywinks, just to get the competitive feeling and to work with other people as a team and to have real goals."
<br>
<br>Wonder if he ever competed in Tiddlywinks...;)
<br>
<br>PaulaN

GRTH FAN
07-21-2000, 10:29 PM
I'm glad Garth is doing better much better! That was a very good article Paula! Thanks for sharing it!
<br>There playing "That Summer" while I'm posting this on the radio!!
<br>Donna :)N

Pilgrim
07-22-2000, 02:51 PM
Very cool:):) Thanks for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

nelty
07-22-2000, 07:01 PM
Thanks for sharing Paula,
<br>
<br>it's nice to get to look up on your parents... BOTH your parents and say Thank you...
<br>
<br>NellyN