PDA

View Full Version : A cabin in the woods, secluded....and GARTH

brooks1fan
07-21-2000, 07:10 PM
OK, hope that got some attention. With all the talk recently about Garth dreams, I've been wanting to post, but just haven't had the time, til now..
<br>
<br>First, I don't know why, but I always remember lots of details from my dreams. For some reason, details are always very vivid and clear. So when I have a Garth dream (which happens quite a bit), I always try to write them down. I've started a little 'collection' of these dreams and have been sharing them w/ a friend of mine (hey Terri!!!! here goes...LOL). Anyway, she convinced me to post this, but keep in mind, it has been 'edited' for PG Forum viewing.
<br>
<br>It starts w/ me sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee w/hubby. News flash comes on TV "Garth Brooks reported missing"... Immediately gets my attention. Sandy comes on 'begging' Garth to contact her if he is watching.. eveyones worried sick.."...I lose it..Next I'm driving in my car, down an abandoned dirt road, crying, listening to his cds and I come across a little brook along the side of the road.. I get out and follow it.. remember feeling at peace, and calm.. beautiful surroundings..birds, squirrels, a deer... Anyway, I come to an opening, a fairly good sized pond with a little log cabin nearby. I sit down to think, and hear some one yell to me. I look up at the cabin, but can't see anyone. So I go back to just looking over the water.. then I hear it again. A mans voice asking what I'm doin there. I look up and someone is walking towards me.. tall, but I can't see his face because of the sun behind him. I should be nervous, scared, but I'm not.. totally at ease.. He gets close to me and I can't help but stare.. he asks me what I'm doin there, and I tell him I was just followin the stream, and I didn't mean to trespass. He kinda gets this 'soft' look, and invites me to come have a sandwich and some lemonade.
<br>
<br>Next we're sitting at a table on a porch of the cabin, and I'm still just staring at him... He catches my eyes, and I know.. those blue eyes give him away. I whisper "Garth?" kinda under my breath. He gets really sad looking, and says he was hoping to 'get away' for a while, but he can't escape (?). Starts talking about how no one understands, and how alone he feels, but how he WANTS to be alone for a while. He's kinda rambling, and everything sounds blurred. Then he gets up, goes inside, and I can hear music.. He comes out and says "Would you dance w/me?" I'm speechless.. he reaches down for my hand and pulls me up and to him in one swoop, and we just dance... He just holds me close, and burries his head in my neck... I feel like crying, but its like I can't breathe. I just get lost in the rhythm, back and forth, round and round "Snow in July" is playing, and he has one arm around my waist and the other is just dangling at our side, so he's holdin me with one arm, and we just dance and dance...
<br>
<br>then (a little while later)...I wake up....(told you it was edited...sorry)....
<br>
<br>Wonder what all this means... anyone want to give me a clue?....LOL
<br>
<br>Garth Forever,
<br>
<br>TinaN

Garthmedic
07-21-2000, 08:03 PM
You write for romance novels? Maybe "All my children" may hire you.. :) I'm just teasin' :) Very nice and well-written.
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N

Amazed
07-21-2000, 09:19 PM
Darnsie. I was hoping it was a contest. sigh.N

GRTH FAN
07-21-2000, 10:23 PM
Tina, Great Dream!!
<br>Donna :)N

loreli
07-22-2000, 06:51 AM
Tina,
<br>
<br>I've had this dream too. LOL
<br>
<br>Darn that cabin in the mountains gets me everytime.
<br>
<br>LoriN

boppityboo
07-22-2000, 08:32 AM
[b] AWWWW! YOU MEAN IT'S NOT GONNA BE A CONTEST??!!]/b] :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Seriously though, that is a cool dream Tina. Imagine that.. dancing with Garth.... must be like heaven, or maybe he has two left feet... ow! lol :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing Tina.
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

Hawk7lte
07-22-2000, 09:44 AM
Such details - more of a story than a dream - publish soon Tina - you really do love your husband don't you Tina - that sure comes through - (does Garth remind you of him back in the early "courting" days).
<br>
<br>Ah love - ain't it grand.
<br>:)
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

sasteen
07-22-2000, 10:23 AM
Tina,
<br>
<br>What all this means is ......
<br>
<br>YOU ARE ONE LUCKY GIRL TO HAVE A DREAM LIKE THAT, I ONLY WISH I COULD HEAR THE REST, ... NO I DON'T ... I WOULD BE SO JEALOUS.
<br>
<br>ShellyN

garthsgirl
07-22-2000, 05:16 PM
Hey Tina, Great dream. Thanks for sharing. Any chance you could email me about the unedited version??? lol. LisaN

fuzzwuzz
07-22-2000, 06:05 PM
Tina, your dream reminds me of the fear everyone seems to have of losing Garth, perhaps forever, because of 'talk' of his retirement. Do you think he's encouraging you he's not lost or missing, just taking that much needed 'breath' from the world at large? I think it's neat how you knew the trail to that peaceful cabin in the woods and that he revealed to you it was indeed really him you were seeing and dancing with. But first your eyes had to adjust to that bright sun that surrounded him. He called out your name in recognition before you knew for sure it was him. And that it was a Chris song he choose to dance with you. That had to be some dance you both had in your shared loneliness. Did you feel the snow and ice or just the warmth of lost love? Or like a cooling off from all that heat? At anyrate, he left you a trail to find him. He must have known you would come.
<br> Thanks for sharing, you brought back many memories of my own search for that peaceful easy feeling, and the passion that comes along with it.N

brooks1fan
07-23-2000, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone.. I guess it does read more like a story than a dream. I like to write, and I guess I have a habit of 'filling in' the missing pieces when it comes to putting the dreams down on paper... Dreams often come "in pieces" so to speak..but when it comes to writing them down, I have to word them so they make sense. Glad you liked it.. I have several others that I have started to write, if any one would like to read them, just email me..
<br>
<br>Garth Forever,
<br>
<br>TinaN

fuzzwuzz
07-23-2000, 05:48 PM
Tina, why shouldn't a dream read like a story? It's a page in your life, isn't it? It flows along, you know? like a good book. I would love to hear more of your dreams right here on PG if you are willing to share. I've learned alot from this one for sure. Thanks! DaleN