PDA

View Full Version : 89? 90? 91? 92? 93? 94? 95? 96? 97? 98?

hugeGBnutt
03-16-2000, 03:24 PM
when do you think Garth was at the HEIGHT of his popularity? .....i think between 93' and 94'.....i wish it was 00'......what do you think?<P>aRiN

Garth4Prez
03-16-2000, 04:24 PM
The "HEIGHT"?? In my opinion I don't think that he has reached his height!! N

TheChange
03-16-2000, 04:30 PM
:) Amen to that....Garth4Prez! :)<P><BR>N

Lowell Miller
03-16-2000, 04:35 PM
Hey, I'll third that.N

honky
03-16-2000, 04:45 PM
LOL.. I will FOURTH that! :D<P>I don't know... but based on what Garth said himself, 98 was his best year. <P><BR>TommyN

hugeGBnutt
03-16-2000, 05:00 PM
so you all think he has a chance to become BIGGER when he was in 93-94 or any of the earlier yrs?<P>aRiN

Garth2Gaines
03-16-2000, 05:09 PM
I think 91 with 'Ropin the Wind' going straight to #1, through 93, with every thing he did had went #1. 4 albums in 3 years, selling a total of 36 million...Pretty good :) And I believe if he tried the Chris Gaines poject then, it would've sold 2 million or over the top at around 20. Because he was the flavor of the moment in the pop world, along with country......<P>dwayneN

Pilgrim
03-16-2000, 07:59 PM
I agree with Ari :D<P>And he will never be that big again :o<P>BrianN

Brooks7
03-17-2000, 11:38 AM
I think he will top it as long as he keeps going, <P>and I think when he releases a new Country album he will break records again,<P>and if he ever tours again, I am sure that it will be his biggest, because if he does, it will probably be his last and he will make it bigger and better, if that's possible,<P><BR>N

Alawishes
03-17-2000, 01:22 PM
Garth will never reach the heights that he did in 91 and 92 ever again. If he retires he still won't. If he keeps going he will still be very big and popular but not ever what he was in 91 or 92. I think the only way in the world he could possibly get to the heights he was in 91 or 92 is to all of a sudden die, like what happen to Elvis and nobody wants him to get big like that and really I think Garth likes it more now then he did in 91 or 92, he seems way more comfortable. In 91 or 92 he would always say how scared he is that next year he might not be heard of. Now he kinda is very popular but at the same time does not have the big mess with the press to deal with and he don't have to have his face splattered on every magazine cover saying he is the biggest and best, that would make an artist very nervous because if my name was splattered everywhere saying how big I was I would feel like I had to do every single thing just right to keep up my status up and if I lost an award I would feel depressed so if I was a star I would like to be where Garth is at now and skip all the hoopula of being the biggest like Garth. Plus I doubt now since Garth has a family that he wants to be that BIG again. Being BIG means more work and more press and I am sure he don't want press chasing him around when he is with his family solely because he is the dobbed the Biggest Selling Star In the woeld that is not worth it to me.N

Wendi5000
03-25-2001, 07:44 PM
Hmmm....

Someone was way ahead of the rest of us with these comments.

Thethunrol
03-26-2001, 07:48 PM
I think that the height of Garth's career TO DATE was in 97 when he played central park, plus it was right in the middle of his world tour. Jeremy

Wendi5000
03-26-2001, 08:00 PM
Depends on how you judge - remember, Central Park was a FREE concert. :eek: :p

Vanessa
03-26-2001, 08:33 PM
I'd have to say around '98, IMO :)

Vanessa :)

Original-GB-Fanatic
03-27-2001, 06:19 PM
I would have to say between '91 and '94

And I also agree that he will probrably never again reach that atmosphere again, but I believe he will always be on the top when it comes to country music.

The fact is, no one before Garth and nobody else to date has ever come close to reaching Garth's "Height" between '91 and '94.

kjsyong
04-01-2001, 07:29 AM
i thought he is still growing.. :p

SueMc
04-01-2001, 09:08 AM
Hi all :)
The early nineties were certainly the time Garth made a big impression here in the UK. He has not been forgotten though, his music is still played in the clubs and at the festivals by different bands. "The Thunder Rolls" tour is rolling with Rick McKay doing a very good tribute to Garth, not trying to be him, but treating the music with great respect and giving it the energy it deserves in his honour. Rick does in fact bear quite a striking resemblance to Garth, and is a big fan.
Perhaps Garth will change his mind and visit us again over here. He will be given a very big welcome by his fans, especially those who are intrepid and make regular trips to see him in the USA.
Sue

Gemo
04-01-2001, 10:05 AM
I would like to say '97 as that is when I first took notice of him. :-) And I also feel that he will always be a legend of sorts. His music and life have touched too many people in a very positive way not to be. He does not have to build a building in honor of himself. He has already laid a path for others to follow and that path will never stop as he has his God to lead him and to follow.
I am certain that God is not finished with him yet...ha, ha.
Just you wait and see. :-)

Dreams are what keep us going........do not give up on your dreams, Garth. Just BELIEVE! That should go for each and everyone of us. Never give up!

Pam :-)