PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean???

sasteen
07-16-2000, 07:03 PM
With Patt Quigley leaving Capitol... what does this mean for Garth, music wise?
<br>I am sure Garth has some kind of contract and it isn't like he can up and move to another label just because he doesn't feel comfortable with the new guy, can he?
<br>I just wondered what all the rucus was about. I mean, how will this affect anything Garth does?
<br>Just not getting this????
<br>N

honky
07-16-2000, 11:41 PM
Well..... just wait and see... I doubt the new guy will have any huge impact on Garth's career. Afterall, Garth has more than enough money to start his own label.. :eek: If Garth doesn't like it, he will start his own.
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Garth1
07-17-2000, 12:48 PM
What could happen ? Not much I guess. If Garth ever would leave Capitol, they would be the only ones taking a loss. After all, he IS a money-machine. And Garth could sign any company he wants !! :cool:
<br>Go Garth ! We still believe in you !
<br>
<br>Paul. :)N

gbking
07-18-2000, 03:29 PM
I don't think Garth would ever start his own label. I mean, there are so many labels out there started by musicians that are not even 1/10 the artist Garth is. Garth could but he won't, here's why:
<br>
<br>He doesn't cut ALL the music he writes, but he could, he gives some opportunity to other songwrtiers.
<br>
<br>He could produce his own albums, Capitol would allow it, but he gives a job to the producers.
<br>
<br>He could manage his own career, but he doesn't.
<br>
<br>He's a sweet man, who allows other people to prosper under him. IMHO, Capitol is an awsome label, but Capitol-Nashville is nothing without Garth, they are, in essence, under Garth.
<br>
<br>Garth could be like Clint Black and write all his music, produce his own stuff, and manage his own career, but he doesn't.
<br>Which is why Garth has so many friends in low places!! ROFL!!
<br>
<br>Have a Garth Day!
<br>DerekN

Y@nkee
07-18-2000, 05:34 PM
Don't forget...I believe Garth has two more albums to cut which will complete his contract with CAPITOL and then he can pretty much do as he pleases!
<br>
<br>Y@NkeeN