07-15-2000, 03:49 AM
I got this article from musicrow.com :
<br>
<br>Quigley Announces Departure
<br>
<br>Capitol Leadership Change
<br>By David M Ross, 7/14/2000
<br>
<br>This afternoon (7/14) Capitol Nashville President/CEO Pat Quigley announced he would be leaving the company.
<br>
<br>Quigley came to Nashville from EMI-Capitol Music Group in New York where he instigated the historic Garth Brooks HBO/Central Park concert.
<br>
<br>Quigley was named President of Capitol Nashville in 1997. During his administration, Brooks' album sales certifications rose to over 95 million.
<br>
<br>It was widely rumored that Quigley and Brooks had a falling out over the marketing of the Chris Gaines album, but no official announcements have surfaced.
<br>
<br>Although still speculation, it is widely believed that Mike Dungan, previously Senior VP/GM of Arista Nashville, will report to work Monday morning as head of Capitol Nashville.
<br>-------------------------------
<br>
<br>First off, I don't believe that Garth and Pat Quigley had a falling out over CG, but maybe now that the decision over who is going to be running things is coming to an end, Garth will beable to evaluate his future plans with more certainty.
<br>
<br>~Ann~<P>(This message has been edited by Garth_FANtasizer)N

loreli
07-15-2000, 05:36 AM
Thanks Ann!!
<br>
<br>I'm voting for Garth to ditch Capitol altogether, they stink. :(
<br>
<br>LoriN

nelty
07-15-2000, 06:06 AM
Thanks for sharing that,
<br>
<br>I think Garth should have his own record company. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

fuzzwuzz
07-15-2000, 08:08 AM
Ok, maybe Garth and Pat didn't have a falling out over Chris Gaines, but they certainly didn't see eye to eye on it's focus. Pat said more time should have been spent on the music, while Garth has said he took care of the music. Garth puts his faith in the songs 100%. Pat did not. To his downfall I think.N

Garth_FANtasizer
07-15-2000, 08:24 AM
Dale,
<br>
<br>I believe you're refering to the remarks that were made on the Charlie Rose show, correct?
<br>
<br>If so, I have replayed the tape several times, and I think Mr. Quigley was qouting what Garth had said. He (Garth) felt that maybe too much time was spend on the "promoting" of Chris Gaines' character and not enough time spent on getting the music heard. They weren't refering to the time spent on the making of the music.
<br>
<br>That was my interpetation of his comments. I could be wrong, but if you listen again you will here Pat say "I remember talking with Garth, and he said to me," or words to that effect.
<br>
<br>I think Garth respects and trusts Pat Quigley, and probably isn't pleased that he is leaving.
<br>
<br>~Ann~
<br>
<br> N

no1cowgirl
07-15-2000, 09:28 AM
The only thing that I worry about with this...is that, even thought Mike Dungan is a good President....does anyone here know that Arista Nashville just went UNDER? They went bankrupt and RCA Records bought them out. A lot of Arista Artists (Including Brad (Paisley)) went to RCA. Makes ya wonder how he's gonna do with Capitol.
<br>
<br>KristaN

fuzzwuzz
07-15-2000, 11:14 AM
No, Pat was clear that he thought more time should have been spent on the music. Garth says later I believe, that he took care of the music. And stresses it hasn't done what he wants it to do yet, and that ya gotta believe. I'd don't think he is talking record sales, whereas Pat is blaming 'poor' sales on the lack of attention to the music. The thing that Garth told Pat was with Chris, they would need to create the 'need' for him, or something to that affect. I'll have to rewatch it to get the exact words.
<br> But to me, Pat made a mistake saying the music needed more work. Garth believes in his music too much. He never loses faith in it. Let's face it, Chris Gaines is a challenge, to us, and all the music industry, to push us to either back the music all the way or at least be more honest what we think of it. Seems Garth has a way of finding out who he can trust. I just hope Pat is still one of them, regardless of what happens. But rest assured, Garth always puts his best into his music. When you lay your heart on the line you've got to believe in it 100%. I'm not putting down Pat, I just think it is sad he blamed the music. You gotta believe in what you are promoting %100 as well.N

GarthLVR88
07-15-2000, 03:54 PM
*bangs head against the desk*
<br>Man, I myself LOVE the CG album..it kills me that it didn't get the recognition it deserved. I hate when I'll say to one of my friends "Hey, listen to this and tell me what you think.." And I'll pop in a Chris CD, and they're like "That's awesome!" But when I tell them who it is, they make those dumb "sour" faces. It makes me :mad:! lol. Well...I'm not too hip on Pat Quigley, I just remember that him and Garth were pretty good friends. I'm pretty sure that he and Steve Wariner were pretty close also. This whole Capitol-Nashville thing is going downhill. I wish a miricle would happen to that company...they need one.
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

rightnow777
07-15-2000, 03:55 PM
boy oh boy, this is not good,this is not good at all. not only is pat gone which was a stupid idea, they put a guy in charge who went "bye bye bye" (pun intented by the way) with another company. so now, our concern is not with g alone but for all the other artists on capitol, although, we may now get the new album quicker then we think, ya'll it's all in god's hands now. come to think of it it was always in god's hands we just like to think that we could of done something or could do something about it. o.k so as long as Allen ( renyalds, did i spell that right) is in the pictures it's not all that over yet. i'll post another thread to get this conversation going more i don't know why just to give me something to post i guess.
<br> I'll see you when i come back to you again.
<br> rightnow777 N

Pilgrim
07-15-2000, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

fuzzwuzz
07-16-2000, 06:00 AM
Rachel, why even tell them Chris is Garth? Give them time to find out for themselves that Chris is real too.N

rightnow777
07-16-2000, 11:55 AM
HUH! what do you mean N

GarthLVR88
07-16-2000, 12:10 PM
Fuzz,
<br>I know, you're right...I should let them find out themselves...but there is a plus side to it. Half of them have asked me for the Chris Gaines CD for their b-days! They're just surprised at first, then I explain the whole thing, and they make those faces like "oh..yah." So anyway, it works out, but I can see where you're coming from with that.
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N