PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Garths song Burning Bridges?

TheGreenWolf
07-12-2000, 12:00 PM
hey I was just wondering what you all thought of Garths song Burning Bridges(I know its old) I just heard it yesterday off one of my sisters cds. I think its a great song.N

Jules
07-12-2000, 01:03 PM
Burning Bridges is a great song - the lyrics are very special to me.
<br>
<br>As far as I know it was the first Garth-song I ever heard - and because the lyrics really caught my attention I made sure to take notice of his name - - and my love for Garth's music grew from there :)
<br>
<br>BetinaN

TheGreenWolf
07-12-2000, 01:06 PM
:cool:N

fuzzwuzz
07-12-2000, 06:31 PM
I like where Garth sings, "Burning Bridges, one by one. What I'm doing can't be undone." It seems like the more he drifts away from her, the less chance he lets her have in getting him back. She is the one who let him go. She wasn't willing to keep up or cross that bridge with him. It was too important to her to have her way?
<br> Don't know, but this song makes me think this relationship is going nowhere but I wonder what that bridge is. Seems like no matter how he tries to have a relationship with her he has to try something else but there just doesn't seem to be anything left to rebuild on at this point. And he is finally ready to settle down. Reminds me too of a reverse of the "She's Gonna Make It" tune.N

fuzzwuzz
07-12-2000, 06:38 PM
Or maybe it's just that tomorrow is today? I just can't help thinking the guy is the one getting frustrated by her, not the other way around. But anyhow, in the games they played, their tomorrow passed them right by.N

OkieandloyalGBfan
07-12-2000, 06:46 PM
The too-late-confession songs are usually my favorite, so I love this one!! My favorite line is just, "This morning when she wakes she won't be thankful anymore". I have been that woman -- woke up one morning to wonder what on earth had happened to the perfect life I thought I went to bed living.
<br>
<br>That whole album is awesome. ;) Think I'll have a listen! :)
<br>
<br>Deanna
<br>N

Pilgrim
07-13-2000, 11:31 AM
I think it is a cool song
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
07-13-2000, 11:40 AM
that is one of my favorite non released songs along with every now and then and every time that it rains :)N

major tom
07-13-2000, 02:19 PM
This is a great song because it makes you think about all the bridges you have burned in your own life. Any song that makes you stop and think is powerful :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

ShellyGirl
07-13-2000, 03:12 PM
It should have been a single for him. It would have went to number #1 in a heartbeat! Love the song!N

gbfans66
07-13-2000, 06:05 PM
I agree with all of the responses! This is a very powerful song.
<br>
<br>I LOVE IT!!!
<br>
<br>:)
<br>N

rightnow777
07-13-2000, 06:32 PM
there was a quote that garth has said time and time again, he sayd " I have 3 minites to tell the world something i want to grab there heart and say LISTEN" I hope I said that right. anyway i think that, that song " burning bridges" does just that.
<br>
<br> me N

Garth Da Man
07-13-2000, 08:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE this song!!!! I love his country voice that shows more on his first few albums!!:)N

Wildhorse
07-14-2000, 01:49 AM
I think it's a great song!:)
<br>
<br>Merell<P>(This message has been edited by Wildhorse)N