PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gail !!!!!! The young Lady with Lukemia!!

pldrw
05-08-2000, 04:55 AM
hi for sue and any others new to gail and her friends! Hi I'm Pam Dolen, one of the people working on Linda and Gail's behalf! Gail is a 10 year old young lady with lukemia! She has been giving weeks to live ! Like Linda wrote last she is in the hositpal again ! (Sorry for the spelling ) This is the third time since we started trying to reach Garth!! Please if anyone reading this has any ideas to help us be sure Garth has recieved the message about this child e-mail me , Nelly(nelt@home.com), or angela(angelamccann@yahoo.com)We are trying everyone we can think of and helped to get the one offical message from GB. Management for Linda. So please if you have an ideas or any way to reach him please we will do all the writing nessacary !!Please e-mail one of us!! This is getting to a point of no return for Gail!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(N

Chris Gaines
05-08-2000, 05:05 AM
Since Garth is gone to Oklahoma for resting.. I think it's going to be very very hard to reach him.. till he comes back.<P> :(<BR>JasonN

LVGB4EVER
05-08-2000, 08:44 AM
OH gosh we have to figure out something for this poor little girl....I would LOVE to see her get her wish :)<P>Can GB Management not get to him???? they must be able to :( I am sure they can...we should bombard them with phone calls or something!!!! Come on guy's this is serious business let's do this for her!! Let's make her wish come TRUE!!!!<P>I'm sure if we put our heads together we can come up with an idea??? what do you think??? Let me know K??<P>Take Care<BR>Sue<P>PS...Please give my Prayers to her and her family for me.N

elvisfanforever
05-08-2000, 09:30 AM
Any PG'ers around Yukon,OK who know Garth:<BR>Since Garth has moved back to Oklahoma, other than family, the people who can reach him quickly & absolutely are the ones who know him from Yukon, OK.<BR>Sure, Garth wants his privacy, which is probably a big part of why he moved back to Oklahoma in the first place.,..but I really don't think he would at all mind helping this little girl, if anyone can reach him, I bet he would love to do it. Neighbors and friends can reach you almost as fast as your family, people around Yukon,...show your human kindness and your OK 'SOONER' spirit, please help us to reach Garth.<BR>You might try to contact Capitol Records in Nashville, and getting in touch with Allen Reynolds. This man has produced almost all of Garth's music, and you can be sure he knows how to reach him. LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!of phone messages with your return contact phone #'s will be most helpful. They will probably get his attention a lot quicker than a call or two on his answering machine or voice mail. Sure Garth may be having a not too great relationship with Capitol Records, and they are obviously in it for the $$$, but although they don't like to admit it, they do have a heart! (Sometimes it seems pretty small!) But they would probably help you in a cause like this, and my best suggestion that I can offer in Nashville, Tn. is Allen Reynolds.<BR>Good Luck, and God Bless the Little girl,<BR>Lester<BR>N

Chris Gaines
05-08-2000, 09:33 AM
Lester,<P>Garth isn't in Yukon.. so ya know. <P>JasonN

elvisfanforever
05-08-2000, 10:42 AM
Jason:<BR>All I know, is that he is originally from that area. Since I am not involved professionally in the Mussic Industry, or the Planet Garth Organization, no, I don't know what part of the state he moved to,<BR>only that he moved back *TO* the state.<BR>You obviously have more contacts and knowledge than myself, why don't you try contacting him.<BR>Your point is valid, but a technicality...I think my idea is very good. If this girl has an extremely limited amount of life to live,<BR>we should get over technicalities, and try to<BR>help her. I do think my idea has considerable merit, and has a big chance of working.<BR>Have a Great Day,<BR>Lester <BR> :)N

Chris Gaines
05-08-2000, 11:06 AM
Lester,<P>I've exusted my contacts when I was in Nashville last weekend. :(<P>I'm clueless on where to turn now.. since Garth's broke away from Nashville for at least the time being.. :(<P>JasonN

Pilgrim
05-08-2000, 12:34 PM
:( :( :(<P>BrianN

nelty
05-08-2000, 12:52 PM
GBM can do very little. They don't really have a contact with Garth. Except through his assistant. :( I talked to them.<P>NellyN

SweetGBFan
05-08-2000, 01:10 PM
This may sound stupid but what about putting an add or something in the local paper there. Even Garth must read the paper. Then we could let him know about this little girl. I cant beleive that if he knew about this little girl he would not do everything to meet her.N

nelty
05-08-2000, 01:17 PM
I am trying to get a hold of Country Weekly. My contact have not call me back yet. My contact at GBM is out of options too. She can't really do anything for us.. :(<P>NellyN

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-08-2000, 01:22 PM
Wish I could help. :(<BR>I will say some prayers.<P>LisaN

Chris Gaines
05-08-2000, 01:23 PM
Well,<P>Only paper I know Garth reads is USA Today.. and it's $1,000.00 for a weekend ad.. that's a little pricey to get him to notice something.. unless everyone could "chip in"<P>JasonN

nelty
05-08-2000, 01:46 PM
I don't know Jason.. wanna set it up??? It's a little odd though. would you say so???<P>NellyN

honky
05-08-2000, 03:10 PM
pldrw,<P>Ok... I need Linda's phone number :) I have contact with someone who talked to Garth personally at Ok. I just email him and I might need Linda's phone number so Garth could call her.<P>Please do not get your hopes too high about this. I am still trying.... ;)<P><BR>TommyN

major tom
05-08-2000, 03:10 PM
Try e-mailing USATODAY.COM for help. I have left messages in a few of their feedback categories and if a lot of us do this maybe they would help out.<P>For all you Americans try phoning the paper direct its worth a shot!<P>KirstyN

BigGfan4life
05-08-2000, 04:33 PM
There was a man who posted on G-box today who said that Garth just moved in near him. He left his email. I don't know if he is for real, but it's worth a shot. I want for this little girl to be able to live her dream :(N

garthine
05-08-2000, 05:25 PM
for those of you arent familar with me im Linda gails mother .thanks to all whos trying to help if im going over board with this im sorry but im only trying help my child i realize its not possible for a meeting but please if anyone can help or knows any contacts please do a phone call or note is all im asking my radio station has called gb mgmt they got same responce this is being fordward to garths assistant make a wish got same so please anybody help if can gail is not doing well shes very weak cant eat had have tubes put in stomach for feedings her eyes are yellow around whites shes ready give up if could get a greeting from garth might help her sprits alot of kids at the hospital have things from shania faith etc so gail wants know why cant she get a note from garth i feel its because he dosent know so i hope pray theres a way that can happend i sent a letter from her doctor to his mgmt but they say they have no contacts with him right now my radio station contacted grand ole opry they have no contacts at this time so anybody in oklohomia that can help id sure appreciate it thanks Linda N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
05-08-2000, 05:29 PM
I know it will not take the place of Garth or his voice, but I sent some of my ST pictures to Gail. Linda emailed me tonight to say that she got them today and she is taking them to the hospital in the morning. Hopefully these will put a smile on Gail's face for the time being until someone can hopefully get to Garth and have him call her. <P>Linda, I hope she enjoys the pictures!! :) <P>MonicaN

brooks1fan
05-08-2000, 05:30 PM
Hi, I'm new to this, but when I just couldn't help try to get involved in this. It would be great for this poor little girl to have her wish come true. This may or may not work, but has anyone tried reaching any talkshow hosts? One I'm sure would love to help would be Rosie O'Donnell. Theres a place to email her in tvtalkshows.com. Complete address is: <A HREF="http://www.tvtalkshows.com/rosieodonnell/" TARGET=_blank>www.tvtalkshows.com/rosieodonnell/</A> <P>Its worth a try.N

major tom
05-08-2000, 05:57 PM
Linda<P>I sure hope someone gets through to Garth soon for your daughters sake. You both have my love and are in my thoughts.<P>KirstyN

AmazedByChris
05-08-2000, 07:11 PM
Who are his friends? What about that drummer - anybody have his website address? What about the METS??? Maybe one of them has contact with him. What about Touch Em All? What about Trisha - can you reach her through her website or fan club? What about the guy on GMA who seems to be a pal - Al Roker is it? Those are all my ideas for now. I'll keep thinking.<BR>N

nelty
05-08-2000, 08:03 PM
Already Called TEA. that was my first phone call. They refer me to GBM..<P>NellyN

honky
05-08-2000, 09:52 PM
Oh boy.. looks like everyone is trying to get a hold of Garth :o <P>I just hope that Mike could contact him personally and tell him that Gail really wants to meet him.<P><BR>TommyN

angelamccann
05-09-2000, 02:38 AM
Hi guys - first time I've looked at this thread and it's great to see so many trying to help us!<P>Someone mentioned a drummer - I assume you mean Chris McHugh, who drums for Chris Gaines? I tried his website but the contact link was broken. Other avenues I've explored (only really having email as an option as I'm in England) have included placing messages with official websites for other stars who might be able to help (e.g. Reba McEntire, Don McLean, Tyler England), and Garth's co-founder in TEA whose name has gone right out of my head, but I tracked an email which hopefully reached him through using terms from the info for him on the TEA website.<P>Yesterday I emailed Music/ Production Directors from radio stations KXXY and KKNG in OK, as these are apparently within reach of where Garth is and there may be a chance of reaching him through people listening to the show - anyone who knows other stations that might be good targets for our emails, please post 'em!<P>The ideal is to find a contact who isn't just going to pass the message to GBManagement, as although we know they have received our requests, we've had no word that Garth has. There are *always* options we haven't tried yet - we have an idea of where Garth is and that helps a lot. Jason, thank you for trying when you were in Nashville! As long as Gail is still with us, we're not going to give up...<P>Angela xN

angelamccann
05-09-2000, 02:42 AM
Actually, when I said I was placing messages with official websites, what I *meant* to say was I'm finding email contacts through official websites and emailing those with requests for messages to be passed on - some websites give an email address which guarantees that the artist will get the message, some have emails for fan club secretaries - anything with a chance of reaching the intended person is useful!<P>Angela xN

LVGB4EVER
05-09-2000, 08:16 AM
I'm still keeping the Faith :) <P>There has to be a way to find DA-MAN....someone knows where he is and how to contact him...but it jsut seems to be soooo hard right now?? :( I will pray that someone hears something soon :)<P>Moni..That was really nice of you to send out those pics..I'm sure she will enjoy them :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N

actore
05-09-2000, 11:18 AM
Since there's nothing I can do, though I sure wish there was, please know that my very strongest prayers are there for Gail.N

pldrw
05-09-2000, 11:31 AM
Thanks Guys i needed to see a good response here ! I'm having a bad day , but when i come in here and see so many people responding to this it really helps !!! Like Angela said I personally am not stopping until Gail gets her wish!! Or things get worse! :) and i know no one else is stopping yet ethier!N

G-f
05-09-2000, 03:30 PM
I don't have any way of helping you either. I wish I could. I'll just cross my fingers for you and say prayer and hope that someone is able to reach him. I wouldn't have any idea how to. The ones that have the best shot at it are working hard for you, so hang in there and HUG that little girl for ALL OF US!<BR>TriciaN

BlueRose
05-09-2000, 04:17 PM
Pam and Linda,<P>Sorry I just got here but you both know how I have been praying that someone will get through to Garth. This is too important for him to pass on! I know if he hears about Gail, he'll do what he has to do.<P>I do think that someone in OK is the best hope, people have seen him (i.e. Mike) and although some may not agree, people also know where Sandy's parents live. While I would not encourage bothering either Mr. or Mrs. Mahl, this has gotten to be very crucial and is an exception.<P>Another thing is, someone in the Nashville area must know where Kelly lives and without a doubt, he knows how to get a hold of Garth. <P>I'm still trying everything I know.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

BlueRose
05-09-2000, 04:23 PM
If we knew what town they are in, I'd even call the Police there. The worse thing they would do is ignore my request. If anyone knows for certain, please email me.<P>I still have Linda's phone number.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

BlueRose
05-09-2000, 04:43 PM
I emailed Oprah previously but I've yet to get a response. I thought since she's big on renewing your spirit and all, she might just come through.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

pldrw
05-10-2000, 02:58 AM
Cheryl;<BR>Just so you know; by some strange ocarance I seem to accuired an e-mail addy to Kelly I am waiting to see what happens with my two friends on weather or not i should try it for Gail. I tried it for something different and the addy i tried hasn't come back yet saying it didn't go!I'm also waiting to see if i get a response for this addy! But I'll let you and everyone here know what I find out!! Pray it is the right one and he agrees to help!! :)N