PDA

View Full Version : Where to request & why info.

Garth_FANtasizer
07-10-2000, 01:47 AM
We CAN influence the Hot Country Singles chart. First off, let me give you some Web URL's that are very useful...
<br>
<br>http://www.bdsonline.com
<br>
<br>Is Broadcast Data Systems website. It will give you information on how they compile their data, which Billboard (and other charts) use to compile their Hot Country Single's chart.
<br>
<br>http://www.bdsonline.com/stations/stations3.shtml#country
<br>
<br>Is the list of monitored **COUNTRY MUSIC** stations that BDS uses to compile thier rankings.. So by requesting "WYCBTMA" on **THESE STATIONS** and getting more 'HITS' on the BDS monitoring service, you will be getting "WYCBTMA" a higher ranking on the Billboard Country Chart.
<br>
<br>OK.. now how can you find out if these stations that are monitored have websites, and email addresses.. and how can you get the telephone numbers of the **PROGRAM DIRECTORS**.. who are generally responsible for putting songs on the DJ's playlists?
<br>
<br>http://wmbr.mit.edu/stations
<br>
<br>Is a website that accesses a database of **ALL** radio stations in North America.. You type in the station call letters and you will get all sorts of information about the
<br>radio station.
<br>
<br>So lets get busy! :)
<br>~Ann~N

redstrokes77
07-10-2000, 02:46 AM
WOW!
<br>
<br>Thanx Ann for all the research. I've always wondered exactly which stations were used by Billboard.
<br>
<br>Come on, gang.....let's not let Ann's efforts go to waste!
<br>
<br>debN

Cheryl
07-10-2000, 05:37 AM
Ann, YOU ROCK!!!!:) This is sooooo cool! Now we have what we most need.....the stations that MATTER!!!! I printed out the list and it is nearly 4 pages long. I tried to copy and paste it here, but it is in a chart form and ends up all jumbled together.
<br>
<br>This is soooo exciting, and if we all work on it, we CAN accomplish it!!!!!N

Cheryl
07-10-2000, 06:07 AM
Of all the cities we have listed on our "List of Cities Playing the Song" thread, these are the ones that Billboard watches:<P>

littlebit
07-10-2000, 06:07 AM
Ann,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the info!!!! Thanks to you we are able to make a difference. A BIG difference. My cowboys hat's off to you. Take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

littlebit
07-10-2000, 06:29 AM
For y'alls info,
<br>
<br>Don't bother to try to reach KIKF-FM in Los Angeles. It's not a country station anymore. It's alternative rock now. :( Thought i'd save y'all some time. :) Take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

littlebit
07-10-2000, 06:29 AM
For y'alls info,
<br>
<br>Don't bother to try to reach KIKF-FM in Los Angeles. It's not a country station anymore. It's alternative rock now. :( Thought i'd save y'all some time. :) Take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

loreli
07-10-2000, 09:11 AM
I'll keep requesting in Seattle.
<br>
<br>They play WYCBTMA A LOT!!
<br>
<br>Lori N

honky
07-10-2000, 12:05 PM
THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!!!
<br>
<br>Now I don't have to worry about requesting to the wrong stations!!
<br>
<br>I already sent emails to 2 stations!!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Ummmm... come on, let's do this together for one week. If the song improves quite a bit, then we'll know that we are doing something helpful :)
<br>
<br>
<br>WOOOOOHOOOOOO
<br>
<br>
<br>By the way, COUNTRY is the music gener with MOST STATIONS MONITORED :eek: Country has 165 stations!!
<br>
<br>Tommy<P>(This message has been edited by honky)N

honky
07-10-2000, 12:18 PM
OH OH.. this one!!
<br>
<br>http://www.wpoc.com/bcdvote.html
<br>
<br>Just go there and vote for Garth's!! This station has weekly countdown!! It's so simple :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Cheryl
07-12-2000, 07:31 PM
We now know of three more stations playing the song that are monitored by Billboard....two in Memphis and one in Nashville!!! :) Sooooooo, of the 164 (I think?) stations that determine chart position, we have positively identified 28 of them as playing the song. I'm sure there are many, many more than that, and if we all pull together, we could send it flying up that chart! :)N

NJ4GARTH
07-12-2000, 11:47 PM
Hey Tommy,
<br>
<br>Just voted for ya. And believe it or not WXTU started playing WYCBTMA on the radio at the same time I was voting.
<br>
<br>TomN

NJ4GARTH
07-12-2000, 11:48 PM
Got so excited that I double clicke the submit button. DUH...It must be getting towards time to go home.
<br>
<br>Tom<P>(This message has been edited by NJ4GARTH)N

AZamy77
07-13-2000, 12:36 AM
I saw an asterik next to KMLE in Phoenix too, Camel Country 108, www.kmle108.com also! Hey just click right on that! Pleeeeease!! :) I call them everyday and they play it at least every 2 hours! YAY! Go Camel!
<br>I need to find out the website to KNIX, as they are one of the Billboard scanned stations. Phoenix pretty much is a country city, so if it makes it here, it'll make it everywhere! The New York of Country Music! Yea, that sounds 'very cool!' Keep helping with KMLE, but please, don't mention my name, hehe, naaa, please do! They laugh when I try to disguise my voice, and they know it's me! They say, "Helloooo Amy!" LOL They are Garthnutts as well, so it's just fuel for the fire I tell ya! We're gettin' Garth to #1! Do I sound like a cheerleader or what?! LOL Hey, I'd love to be a DJ! :) I'd play Garth at least every hour or maybe twice an hour if it's a great day! LOL Gee, I crack myself up! Thanks for putting up with me! :cool:<P>(This message has been edited by AZamy77)N

AZamy77
07-13-2000, 12:52 AM
Also, Ann, Thank You for posting this! What a gal! What a pal! :)
<br>
<br>By the way, "When You Come Back To Me Again" has been #3 and #2 the last two weeks ending on Fridays! :) They play the countdown on Saturday evenings 7pm MST same time as Pacific time, and you can click on the website above or add to your favorites, and hear it broadcast LIVE! :) www.kmle108.com :)N

Cheryl
07-14-2000, 06:29 PM
The song still didn't make it into the top 20 on Billboard this week, so we need to help out some more. We know what stations count, let's make good use of this info! :)N

AZamy77
07-17-2000, 12:09 AM
Here's another station in Phoenix that is listed UP^ there! Let's vote! :) www.knixcountry.com That's 102.5, KNIX in Phoenix, AZ. Go to the music option and you vote there.
<br>Thanks for your support! :cool: LOL :cool:N