PDA

View Full Version : The Dance: Kenny Erwin Jr. Tribute

G-man
07-09-2000, 03:41 PM
Hey, you guys, I was just listening to the radio when the opening piano notes of The Dance came across the airwaves. Of course I was like "Finally, their playing something good!" But, this was a special version. A tribute to late race car driver Kenny Erwin Jr. who was killed in a crash last week. I thought it was so touching. They intermingled news clips about the horrible crash in between they lyrics of the song. I thought "Wow, there could not have been a better tribute made to this young driver, than this" Well, maybe, but I thought this was so sweet. During the ending fade of the song there was a clip of someone saying "I know he's up in heaven watching over us now." Wow, how powerful.
<br>
<br>I don't know if it has been released national. It may have been a special remix that only this particular station did. I really like them because they have a big heart and are always helping out the community and kids with cancer and stuff and doing these remixes. They are also VERY supportive of Garth because they play all of his singles quite alot. They even supported the Chris Gaines project and played "It Don't Matter To The Sun" quite often. So, 101.5 WYNK will always be my favorite station.
<br>
<br>But, probably one of the nicest things they have ever done, I think, is play this tribute. Whenever I hear this song, I think about all of my heroes and loved ones who have graced my life with their presence and then went on to be with the angels and God. And everytime I hear it, it brings back good memories of those people.
<br>
<br>
<br>To all of my heroes, my loved ones, and to you Kenny Erwin Jr., this dance is for you. I know I will get to see you all again someday. But until then, I'll just keep on dancing, cause life is too short to waste it. And I wouldn't miss it for the world.<P>(This message has been edited by G-man)N

Garth_FANtasizer
07-09-2000, 04:17 PM
That was very touching.
<br>
<br>The Dance means so much to so many people.
<br>
<br>Thank God Garth realized the significance in these lyrics and made them come alive for the world to embrace.
<br>
<br>~Ann~
<br>
<br>N

honky
07-09-2000, 05:44 PM
Very wonderful :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

gbfans66
07-09-2000, 06:46 PM
This is too cool. I wish I could get a copy of it too. I'm a Nascar fan as well, so I'll have to keep my ears open to see if I hear it now. That's my absolute favorite song of all time anyway so this just makes it even better. :)
<br>
<br>N

GarthLVR88
07-09-2000, 09:01 PM
Wow. I wasn't really a big Kenny Irwin, Jr. fan, but I love NASCAR. It was really disturbing that he happened to crash in almost the exact same spot that the late Adam Petty also wrecked in. I'm afraid there will never be another song that has touched as many lives as "The Dance." It's..unexplainable. But I'm grateful for it. Thanks for postin' about G-man. Well said. :)
<br>
<br>Rachel
<br>
<br>N

Chris Gaines
07-09-2000, 09:08 PM
I'm kinda betting it was the Radio Station you listen to that did the sound effects added to the song.
<br>
<br>Our radio station does that all the time :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

splitzer
07-09-2000, 11:03 PM
I agree with Jason. Our country station in Sacramento (105.1 KNCI) did the same thing with Billy Ray Cyrus' "Some Gave All" when a local police officer was killed in the line of duty. He was the first Sacramento police officer ever in history to be killed in the line of duty. The remix they made was so touching.
<br>
<br>When I heard the first time I missed the name of the artist, and was surprised to hear that it was BRC. I had never paid him much attention, but that song caused me to look into his music a bit more, and I discovered that he really is a great artist with great voice and great music. Forget "Achey Breaky Heart" and give him a chance. :)
<br>
<br>However, I have gotten off the subject, for which I apologize. I'm sure Kenny is happier than ever now, and my prayers are with his family. Choosing "The Dance" for a tribute was very sweet of WYNK.
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

smitten
07-09-2000, 11:53 PM
Thanks G-Man for those touching words.
<br>
<br>Ana N

loreli
07-10-2000, 06:53 AM
That was so sweet G-man. Thanks :)
<br>