PDA

View Full Version : Great Garth Dream, mind if I share?

boppityboo
07-08-2000, 08:34 AM
Wow, I woke up this morning remembering a very lovely Garth dream. I have to tell you guys, because, hubby would roll the eyes back and kids just kinda go, yeah so what? lol. AAHHH... support from your family...:eek:
<br> Anyway, it was all disjointed as dreams tend to be, but somehow, someway I was watching Garth sing in a railway car??? He was sitting on a regular chair, not a stool. He held a cordless mic instead of a headset, kinda like acoustically, but with no guitar. Anyway, he was singing and he just kept moving his legs around on the seat??? (He was wearing black wranglers but not sure what kinda shirt).Like one leg tucked under, then crossed over the other... etc. That was weird. I don't remember seeing an audience and I was watching him from in a doorway about 10 feet away. He was singing TO ME. I have no idea what he sang. Then the scene kinda swung to the part where Garth came up to me wearing a tan coloured tshirt, not what he was wearing during the singing. All I remember was seeing this big broad chest coming toward me. lol. (Hey, I'm all female, what can I say) He says Hi Ellie and gives me a big Garthsqueezie and then looks down at me while still with his strong arms around me and said now I know what you want, a kiss. :eek: So he gave me a PECK on the lips. Totally brother-sister type, but I'll take what I can get. lol:) Now, I am not a short person, about 5'9 and Garth is tall, but he seemed to be looking way down at me.. perhaps I dream big, I wonder if everything else was bigger about him.. oh.. sorry, family forum..:o lol Anyway, it was a very lovely dream but somehow it swung to me meeting a total female stranger whom I gave my name and number to?? Then all of a sudden I was at someone's house I don't recogize and I'm having breakfast with my 4 older sisters who all live back east. lol. I think this was the best Garth dream I have ever had and that I can remember so much of it is amazing in itself. Thanks for reading guys, I feel great having it written down somewhere besides getting lost in the ol memory room. :)
<br>
<br>There was a dream forum here already, but I couldn't find it.
<br>Hawk if you read this, do you think having just watched The Green Mile last night before bed have anything to do with my Garth dream? He did say way back when on the Howie Mandel show that he read for a part in that movie. Anyone remember what part he read for? Great moving btw, but 3 hours and 3 min. long.
<br>
<br>OOps, sorry this turned out so long.
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

Hawk7lte
07-08-2000, 12:08 PM
Hey Ellie -
<br>
<br>What's a cowboy without his train?
<br>
<br>Bet he'd want you to see him as a normal size person - the guy likes to be seen as a normal humban being; he's so reality based when it comes to himself.
<br>
<br>Bet you thought I'd be at Chris's concert in Oklahoma - but noooooooo, work to do.
<br>
<br>So tell me about the "total female stranger" (as opposed to partial female? :) LOL)
<br>
<br>Lot of movement in that dream - wishing/thinking of taking a trip?
<br>
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Cheryl
07-08-2000, 07:45 PM
Hey Ellie...cool dream! :) rofl, especially loved the part about ya dreaming big! ;) I haven't had a Garth dream in ages....maybe reading about yours right before I head off to bed will inspire my subconscious to treat me to one tonight! :)N

Hawk7lte
07-09-2000, 05:50 AM
That's "human" of course in my post (still having eye problems but it's getting better - thank goodness for those eye drops - didn't need new glasses at all folks)
<br>
<br>Ellie the problem with "big" is that Garth is human. In general (not talking about you at this point) people that are elevated in anyway (made bigger than life)- put up on a pedestal in some way - draw those who will "crucify" in some way. (Part of the "bad publicity" we see; also part of the other crazy behaviors and ideas that surrounds Garth and other stars at times)
<br>
<br>Garth is very smart. He recognizes problems when he sees them. He knows it is important for alls safety, including his own mental health, that he be seen as "only human", "only a normal man that got lucky".
<br>
<br>And having just come from another Master's and Johnson training session on computer sexual addiction - I'm happy that you made the statement you did about family forums.
<br>
<br>Seriously, I think it's very possible that your dream is looking at some of the very real problems for Garth (and other stars) - "the twisted leg part of the dream", and getting ready for what will seem like an "intuitive leap" for you soon about why Garth is dropping out of the public scene. Clever mind you have Ellie.
<br>
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br> N

boppityboo
07-09-2000, 09:17 AM
CLEVER MIND huh? ME? NAh! :) Wow, Hawk, I knew I would get a :cool: response from you. :) Thank you. As for that 'total female stranger' I just meant a lady I have never met before lol. But it seemed that we got along really well. Hey, I know why I dreamt her, I just met a really nice friend of Ken and his triathlete crowd. Just known her for 3 weeks and when I met her, we really hit it off.
<br>
<br>Hey Cheryl, did it work? Did ya have a Garth dream.:eek:
<br>
<br>Other Garth dreams I have had, he was normal size, I guess, not having ever met the man in person to compare, but pretty sure the same.:)
<br>
<br>We have been going away a lot on the weekends, last 3 in a row with 2 more coming up right after another. I have never been so busy away on weekends in my life til this summer. Could that be my 'movement'? I know we are going away for 5 days in Aug. to watch Ken do Ironman. :)
<br>
<br>Wow, Hawk, you are good at what you do. I loved your reply.
<br>
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

Hawk7lte
07-09-2000, 11:36 AM
Ah shucks Ellie -
<br>
<br>Credit to the dreamer....
<br>
<br>Sweet dreams darlin'
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

honky
07-09-2000, 12:02 PM
Ellie,
<br>
<br>Ummm.. let me see, how many Garth dreams do you have?
<br>
<br>I have heard a couple from ya already!! :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

GarthLVR88
07-09-2000, 09:10 PM
Wow! I had one too the other night! As a matter of fact, I told Nash about it the morning after. I couldn't wait to share it. LOL But now I've plumb forgot it.
<br>
<br>Hawk,
<br>Me being from Oklahoma and all, I'm assuming you were referring to the "Chris Ledoux" concert! I wanted to go incredibly bad, but, since I can't drive that didn't work out. LOL, but correct me if I'm wrong about the Chris.
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

Hawk7lte
07-10-2000, 06:03 AM
Hi Rachel -
<br>
<br>Right concert. Thought about going to see Chris LeDoux in Claremore area on July 7 - but had some work to get done.
<br>
<br>My son saw him a month or so ago and thought it was a good concert.
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

nelty
07-10-2000, 06:22 AM
Cool dream Ellie/...... :cool:
<br>
<br>I had a dream a few months ago... Garth was holding a press conference at my school. All the reporters had left and there was only 5 people in the gym area.and Garth was talking to one of them. I was with my friends and I was afraid to walk up to him and talk... (I know shame on me) so I woke up before I had the guts to walk to him... :(
<br>
<br>but the point is I SAW him... hehe
<br>
<br>NellyN

loreli
07-10-2000, 07:07 AM
Cool dream Ellie!!
<br>
<br> I have Garth dreams all the time. :)
<br>
<br>Hawk, Garth being just a regular guy is what makes him so great. He's good and bad, and not afraid to show it.
<br>
<br>Lori
<br>
<br>N

Hawk7lte
07-10-2000, 05:21 PM
Lori, this isn't really a response to what you said now though you retriggered a thought; something I have wanted to say - and it kept slipping my mind plus it didn't work in anywhere and is difficult to put into words.
<br>
<br>I am someone that likes to write about the "beauty" I see. There is a lot of pure beauty in the world and in people too. I like to recognize that and comment on it. I simply like roses better than thorns though I appreciate the reasons for the thorns.
<br>
<br>I don't believe in "good"-"bad" people usually; nor in good-bad traits usually - generally speaking (there are a few exceptions) - actually I believe in "ands" more than "ors" too. Good and bad depends on how and when traits lead to behaviors that occur and the consequences associated with those behaviors.
<br>
<br>Garth worries and dwells too much about "bad" traits and "bad" behaviors of his. Of course he has help in remembering to worry from others who are only too willing to point out and focus upon "flaws" and "errors" and their perceptions of him. To a degree that some even distort his reality about himself at times. He doesn't seem to always realize that much of what seemed "bad" was related to being very human and was associated with very adaptive traits if used differently. He's much more accepting of others' behaviors than of his own at times. He is an amazingly productive, creative person who works really hard, cares a great deal, wants to be cared for, and is very talented. If I think about it and look at what he has accomplished and subtract little human slips - Wow! Is he in the "green" - for sure he is.
<br>
<br>I am not his "fan", I am no-ones or nothings "fan" - I don't find myself indulging in "fan" behaviors. I work at understanding "fan" dynamics and behaviors. Especially when it comes to "fanatics". Yet, I do truly appreciate Garth's way of being in the world, his contributions to it, and am happy for his successes - he deserves them.
<br>
<br>Hawk N

fuzzwuzz
07-10-2000, 06:01 PM
I do like your dream Ellie. It makes me think how it does indeed feel like a kiss on the lips when Garth sings to me. Now Hawk, don't take that the wrong way since your seminar on sex by computer, or whatever that was. It's definitely not a problem to take lightly, not with our children's safety at stake.
<br> But I do want to reply to your comment about 'fan'atics that 'crucify' the one put on a pedestal. Well, the problem with Garth is, he's only too WILLING to be 'crucified' for his fans. Don't forget, Chris Gaines is going to give his all for his fans in "The Lamb". It is US I think who are being put on that pedestal, by HIM!
<br> I am proud to call myself a fan of Garth's. He did it himself, when he gave us Chris Gaines. That rascal knows what he is doing! I never had any intention of becoming a fan of Garth's too. He got his way. Thanks Garth! I still haven't recovered and I hope they never find the cure. There is something about that fantasy mind of Garth's that's contagious. It's not some 'disease' to be studied or cured, as much as it is simply a new way to fly you might say? No one soars higher than Garth.N

AZamy77
07-14-2000, 12:43 AM
Your dream is sweet, Ellie! Aww..you can email me anytime ya want a listening ear! Remember, I did give you my name and number so you could come stay with me this past spring if Garth was coming to Arizona for ST! LOL He does make you feel like he's your brother. :)
<br>
<br>Anyone who has met Garth, like fuzzuzz and I, and others, can see he puts his fans on a pedestal.He will go above and beyond to make people happy. No matter who you are, he treats everyone the same....very sweet. Tell me who else does this? Not many, if any. So why Garth? I am a good judge of character, I'd like to say, and Garth is The Real Deal! I never... in a million years, would have thought when Garth Brooks came to Spring Training, he'd be coming without bodyguards! It's just like a given anymore with anyone who is anyone, and he sure is someone alright! His mighty sword is his music, and he truly lives by his music. :)
<br>
<br>Also, just to make myself feel like I'm not a 'fanatic,' I looked up the word 'fan' in the Webster's Dictionary. The meaning of fan is: (slang) A devoted admirer.
<br>
<br>Now if I like what the man stands for, and sings about, and am devoted to keep believing in what he does for our world, then yes, I am a fan in the truest sense of the word.
<br>
<br>This new way of flying sure beats the old way before Garth came around. He has left his mark on society as a whole. We just need everyone to realize the significance of his music, and if we did, this world would be one world under God. And we'd all live in peace and harmony. All because of Garth and everyone who Believes! Now that's powerful! That's where Chris Gaines comes to the rescue! Garth and Chris are, after all, one in the same...kinda like 'two of a kind, workin' on a full house!' And that full house is a house full of people who Believe that 'love and mercy still exist.' Yup, dreaming out loud again! :) But now it's time to really dream! Wow! It's 2:45 am! G'night!
<br>
<br>God Bless.
<br>Amy :)N

Hawk7lte
07-14-2000, 08:30 AM
Fuzzwuzz - Amy;
<br>
<br>I am telling you; I am on this board for a different reason than the rest of you. This is an area I have studied for many years. You all can of course be what you want - I'm just telling you now who/what I am, what I'm doing, and how I see Garth and his family. There isn't anything wrong with being a "fan"; I'm just not in that group or into those behaviors.
<br>
<br>The cybersex addiction seminar with Master's and Johnson is a different subject. However, the personality of the true "fanatic" is much like the personality of someone into true cybersex addiciton. Like most addictions the core is obsession with and dependency on something/someone for some reason.
<br>
<br>There is danger in obsession and addiction. Fanatics have both. That can lead to killing and maiming as history has shown repeatedly. Garth isn't about to sacrifice himself for anyone (excluding God and country in the event of a war) and neither does Gaines. Gaines is killed/dies - a fan investigates. No sacrifice. Garth hopefully doesn't really put people on a pedestal - not that I have seen (though something to watch more carefully) - though he does tend to have "heroes". He does treat people including his fans with a great deal of respect and he admires accomplishments in all people. He does manuever in many ways so that he can see people including children on an eye to eye level. He is a caring individual. He loves applause (who doesn't) - he is an expert at earning it (more than most).
<br>
<br>If someone tries to put anyone on a pedestal - the best thing anyone can do is get away fast - true pedestals in life are eventually disguised crosses. Jesus's mistake was being seen as "King of the Jews".
<br>
<br>There are fanatics on this board from time to time. They are unbending, rigid. Their ideas are fixed. They actually are on two sides;pro and con (this time about Garth); they can swing back and forth at the drop of a hat - especially when they think he has stepped from that pedestal they put him on; interestingly enough the pro Garth fanatics are the ones most likely to do harm. My "job" is to watch, learn, and prevent or correct harm when possible when someone "hires" me to do it. Fans "jobs" (if they care to accept the assignment - LOL :)) are to recognize and stay away from fanatics - some tend to try to build support bases; though they are truely "selfish loners".
<br>
<br>We share a love for Garth and his music. I simply don't want to be seen as something/someone I am not nor pretend to hold beliefs/feelings I don't nor to engage in behaviors that don't suit me. I am neither "devoted" nor that much of an "admirer". I am devoted to my job. But though I am here to learn - one of the unexpected rewards - I sure do learn to like most of you including Garth more and more. :)
<br>
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br> N

AZamy77
07-14-2000, 09:04 AM
Gee, Hawk, you're scaring me now. I believe anyone here who is a "pro" Garth "fan" has love in their heart and no way has intentions to do killing or maiming! Let's not even go there! This started out about a dream Ellie had. I look at your profile, Hawk, and you've been on PG a shorter time than I, and have alot more posts, which means you do frequent PG as often as most of us. And I always love reading your inspiring words. But this one is throwing me for a loop. To me it's like family. We talk about Garth, love, God, family, friends, etc. We are in no way, shape or form "fanatics!" You weren't implying that were you?? It's great you say you're here to "watch, learn, and prevent or correct harm, when possible, when someone "hires" me to do it." So I guess my question is this: Were you "hired" to come here? :)
<br>Godspeed.......N

AZamy77
07-14-2000, 09:14 AM
Again, I have to grab my handy dandy Webster's Dictionary....
<br>
<br>admire: to regard with wonder and approval, esteem, or affection.
<br>
<br>I see some of this in you Hawk! C'mon now! Even if you just approve of what Garth is doing, or see the wonder of his music, then you admire him! :)<P>(This message has been edited by AZamy77)N

Hawk7lte
07-14-2000, 01:00 PM
Amy quoted from the dictionary;
<br>
<br>admire: to regard with wonder and approval, esteem, or affection.
<br>
<br>Amy I have that for almost everyone I interact with - at least on a regular basis - including you. People and their ideas, words are frequently wonderful; usually I mention that to them or others.
<br>
<br>I am being honest with you. I'm here for different reasons - all of them positive and intended to eventually help people. I don't like pressure to be something/or someone other than what/who I am. If someone reads into what I say, I feel slightly obligated to a degree to correct them and state where I am coming from. Rather than accidently deceive by obmission - i.e. not stating what I'm doing. I've actually, by the way, been here much longer than you think. And one of the people I most admired and was here to read about is no longer living - that was Colleen who was an extremely unusual/wonderful person in many ways. A lot of my posts have had nothing to do with Garth or his life.
<br>
<br>Amy says;
<br>
<br>"Gee, Hawk, you're scaring me now."
<br>
<br>Don't over-react Amy. Sorry you feel afraid of what you are hearing; no reason to, at least not of words of mine or others' words - I'm one of the ones that "works" against some of the predators so I recognize some of the dynamics when I hear/read them. Should you be afraid of some of the people that are online at times - yes, though I recommend caution and distance rather than fear. I'm just stating realities about history, personalities,dynamics, and what has happened to too many stars and others as well. (Others on here have made some excellent observations in this area as well).
<br>
<br>Amy asked;
<br>
<br>"Were you "hired" to come here"
<br>
<br>Wouldn't take such a job for money - it would change everything for me. This way I just get to be me and learn with everyone else. But I know it's not a good idea to have others misperceiving my intentions ("fan") or defining me ("fan") in terms of what they think/feel (fans/fanatics).
<br>
<br>Do I work with creative people in entertainment - yes - in my office. Do I work with "fans" that have gotten in trouble at times - yes - in my office. Do I use what I learn here to increase professional knowledge - yes - will I and others benefit from what I learn here - hopefully, eventually.
<br>
<br>Admiration alone doesn't make a fan - I admire a lot of things including about you (and I'm not your fan either, nor you - mine). But I pay as much attention to all of you as I do Garth - surprised? And I've studied this area since before Elvis - that's a long, long time. With computers the area has become increasingly complex. That's all. But I do like you all and Garth, music, and writing - a lot.
<br>
<br>
<br>Hawk
<br> N

AZamy77
07-14-2000, 01:08 PM
More Webster's definitions I had to look up....
<br>
<br>esteem: v: to regard with respect or affection; to set a value on; to rate highly n: high regard
<br>
<br>regard v: to observe; to consider; to pay respect to n: compliments; good wishes
<br>
<br>Oh, you get the idea..I gotta go to work now.N

AZamy77
07-14-2000, 01:17 PM
Real quick, Hawk, I just saw your new post, and I just gotta say..."very cool." Keep fighting the good fight!
<br>Thumbs Up! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

fuzzwuzz
07-14-2000, 03:12 PM
Hawk. Please tell me what kind of behaviors it is you are refraining from if it's not just killing and maiming or crucifying? There is nothing wrong with proudly acknowledging that you love Garth. There are no other artists I know that I feel love me just as I am, imperfections and all. Unconditional love is what we are talking about here. The kind of love that makes us a family. The only kind of love that can cure this world's woes and make us as one. And the only kind that erases fear of fanatical fans. Because Garth makes himself so accessible to us, he shows us his trust in us. WE are his bodyguards, or his angels if you will. We take care of him he says. No fences indeed! There doesn't have to be any between us fans either. When you really think about this, it is Garth who is showing us how it can be done. There is no other way, or we would have found it by now.
<br> When you say Jesus made a mistake getting called King of the Jews, please know it is the people who called Him that. The same people he willingly died for. He knew exactly what He was in for and so does Chris Gaines. And Garth did indeed say Chris is gonna die for his fans and the music. He compared it to like a Braveheart, a movie I have yet to see.
<br> I know you have done lots of fan research, but until you've been in our shoes it is still a lesson unlearned. Why don't ya take off your shoes and get your feet wet alittle. We won't bite! Instead of studying us in the study of fan behaviors, why not help us study Garth and his music? And the things he teaches us? I know I have so much to learn yet myself. And I am learning from you and everyone else on PG. We all have alot to offer eachother.
<br> But one last warning, I'm into Garth big time and it's ALL Chris Gaines fault! Do you think I need curing? Why would I want it when Garth gives me the kind of LOVE my heart has always desired? The kind that cures broken hearts. The kind that makes me want to live forever? So yeah, maybe HE is the one who's fanatic! And the one we need to look at. Because when you find something that special and rare you know it without a doubt. And you'll defend it to death if necessary. In my heart, I really believe he would do that for us. Not because I want him to. I wouldn't expect or demand that from him. But because he demands it from himself.
<br> Please know Hawk, you are a very special part of Planet Garth. I hope you need us as much as we need you. Godbless, Dale
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

ferretcrazy
07-14-2000, 03:19 PM
Yes Ellie...great dream! I had a dream about Garth the other night too.Must be something in the air!?
<br>
<br>Hawk..your wonderfull with words! I know this has been talked about before "Fans" But because of a Fan named Mark David Chapman...I cried for two days. I was devastated when John Denver died.And if Garth? Hoo boy dont want to think about it! :( Does that make me a Fan too? I dont know. Just wondering...
<br>
<br>JoanN

Hawk7lte
07-14-2000, 04:46 PM
I said;
<br>" true pedestals in life are eventually disguised crosses. Jesus's mistake was being seen as "King of the Jews"."
<br>
<br>Fuzzwuzz said;
<br>"When you say Jesus made a mistake getting called King of the Jews, please know it is the people who called Him that."
<br>
<br>I say;
<br>
<br>Fuzz - please read/understand what I am writing - I didn't write what you said I said. What my meaning was is clear.
<br>And I stand behind all I wrote in this thread. (oh, except the more formal study of Elvis might have begun during or even after him - though he caught my and the world's attention)
<br>
<br>Fuzzwuzz said;
<br>Instead of studying us in the study of fan behaviors, why not help us study Garth and his music?
<br>
<br>sorry - that's what we scientists do; we study phenomenon - as psychologists - we study human behavior (stars, fans, fanatics). But I could swear on a bible or in a court of law - I thought I was doing the study music thing too.... as a layperson....I even remember posting on what all listed songs meant to me so that someone could have requested opinions for the tribute book....I've posted stories/songs....I've replied to people's threads....poems....their songs....their stories....wah shoot I could swear that's what I've been doing - without being anyone's "fan".
<br>
<br>Read what I said again if you'd like Fuzz; try to hear what it says about me - it isn't going to change....you don't even have to like it. Just want people to know - this is where I am coming from.
<br>
<br>I yam who/what I yam Fuzzwuzz - I couldn't/wouldn't be anyone else.
<br>
<br>Joan - I cried too when John Denver died - but then he was my first cousin's cousin. It's up to you to define your relationship with him and label it as you will. IMHO.
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

AZamy77
07-15-2000, 03:36 AM
Hawk, Just so you know, this is a place I come to when I want to see happy words, sharing hearts, and comforting words. I don't go to bars so this is my, if you will, "Cheers!" Like the show, ya know, where everyone knows your name, and they're always glad you came....
<br>
<br>Something you said, "when someone is put on a pedestal you better run fast..true pedestals in life are eventually disguised crosses." Well I guess then, you'd call his fans all crosses. Yes, we do bear crosses when it comes to Garth. We aren't you're everyday "fan." We're Garth's fans, and yes, will defend him, and protect him, and bring angels to him.
<br>
<br>Another thing you said, and I hate to feel as if I'm attacking you, I'm not...I'm just very outspoken as well, and hold steadfast to what I believe in. You said, "There's nothing wrong with being a fan; I'm just not in that group or into those behaviors." What behaviors do we display, Hawk? Do you consider PG a group? I've always enjoyed you on this forum, Hawk, and you do have alot of posts here, and if you're not a "fan" of Garth's.... then I'm not Amy. You can't convince me otherwise pal! :) I was intrigued by your loving caring posts from the get-go when you first came to PG about a month after me last year. Heck, I even told Y@nkee I thought you could be Garth the way you were talking! Cuz I thought, ya never know, he could come here incognito! Well, silly me! :) Yea, that's something no one else knows but Y@nkee...but we can always dream...... Keep Believing and follow your heart. I'm almost done posting on here...if things have to get outta hand like they do. I'll come back again though...but as someone else. I Love you all. Sorry, but when I get shaking I'm so upset.... when I'm only trying to make peace and it doesn't work, I tend to think I better put up the 'White Flag' I do intend on being a paralegal someday. Garth inspired me to follow my dreams, to give thanks to God, to come to PG and share what I experienced... to live again!But, I think my purpose here has been served, as I am hurting enough typing my heart out, because using my arms so much is hard on them. So I really even shouldn't be writing as much as I do...but so many things lately have driven me to post on....but I gotta give it a break! Carry on fuzzwuzz.... Love ya, gal-pal! :)
<br>
<br>God Bless Us All.
<br>Amy N

fuzzwuzz
07-15-2000, 08:07 AM
Amy, one thing is for sure about you. When you do have the strength to post we will know without a doubt you are doing it for Garth, and we will listen. I know it is what he would want.
<br> Hawk, I will indeed try to hear what you are saying also, but realize I am what I am too, a Believer in Garth and his fans (admirers)!
<br> Surely you know if you are in the family of Garth you are already a fan? You may not like the label, but you are here with us ain't ya? Do you think we have some kind of behaviorial problem then? Does this family indeed need fixing? We seem to scare you into your scientist mode alot, which we do indeed need. But I know, in my heart, there is more you can offer us. And more that we could offer you.
<br> I'm with Amy too, my cross to bear is out in the open for all to see. It isn't wearing a disguise. Because I'm shameless for Garth. I ain't no angel, but somehow I know they are hanging around this place. You can feel them and 'see' them in each other.
<br>N

Hawk7lte
07-15-2000, 12:40 PM
Amy - Fuzzwuzz
<br>
<br>Hush now darlins :)come along now little children - (for all of us including me - an old lullaby) it's time to take a deep breath and sigh.
<br>
<br>There is no attacking going on here. I am not upset with either of you.. You are being upset by what you are telling yourselves about what it means about what I have said I am/am not. Peer pressure isn't going to change my reality - I am not anyone's fan. And really - I don't want to be. But I like Garth, I like his music, his family, and you all. However, if somehow it makes you feel better to distort reality about me then call me what you will - just know I said differently.
<br>
<br>It's up to all of us to define ourselves accurately. To know what behaviors we habitually display. I am not a fan - being here doesn't say I am a fan. There are others on here who would say the same thing about themselves. There isn't anything wrong with being a fan - it just isn't me.
<br>
<br>Fanatics are a whole different ballgame and yes there have been some here from time to time. Why does that upset you? Has anyone said that applied to you? I haven't said that. But, it's a reality of the world - they are around; as are con artists, scams, viruses, thiefs, etc. - especially in the online world. Be upset about those things and with people doing those things - be ready to tell them to go "pedal crazy somewhere else", don't be upset because I don't want a label I haven't earned and that doesn't fit. How are you going to, as you say you want, protect Garth (which is actually - bottom line - his job by the way - in my opinion) if you don't even recognize "crazy" when you see it? Are you telling me there should be no limits/boundaries for some of the "nuts" who are online at times?
<br>
<br>Amy - that is not when I first came to Planet Garth - I have been here a couple of times - I have been with different servers and doing different things at different times (I always use two/three of the same names - Hawk7lte is my favorite, the one I use most frequently, and I believe the only one I have always used on Planet Garth). Others I have used in checking out chat rooms. You are only aware of when I have been here this time - because this time I came to stay for awhile with a bunch of people I have learned to like. "Cheers" is a very good example of the regulars here.
<br>
<br>You know Amy you are correct - I've noticed too that Garth and I are a lot alike, amazingly so at times, we even have one of the same family names - mine on my father's side; his on his mother's side. It is surprising how much we think alike at times. It's amazing how much our family values are alike. But if I'd known that you thought I was Garth ever, I would have corrected that too.
<br>
<br>I am a scientist, I am a caucasian, I am an indian, I am a Red Cross National Diaster member, I am with Dare, I am a psychologist, I am a published writer, I am....lots of things, roles, positions. I am someone Garth happens to think like, "be like"? (me being older-I guess he would be like me; HeHe LOL) most of all I'm a person - just me - all of the time. I am all this put together - you all get it all. It's all integrated into the person I am. Like you I am here because I like the Planet Garth and the people here....I affirm you all who say you are fans - good, fine for you. Realize you negate me when I say I am not anyone's fan and you don't accept that. However, you don't have to affirm me. It isn't going to upset me, change my life, or who I am.
<br>
<br>And really the subject should be closed - you have had your says, me mine. Didn't this start out with someone asking about a dream; so since I got the train off track I'd like to suggest we get back to the original topic.
<br>
<br>Bless ya',
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by Hawk7lte)N

fuzzwuzz
07-16-2000, 05:17 AM
I am [b[crazy[/b] for Garth! And each one of us is like him in some way too. We know he is crazy, so I'm not alone at least!
<br> And I'm not upset with you. At least we can say we are all alike because we are human, which makes us EQUAL.N

AZamy77
07-16-2000, 11:26 AM
Yep, I do see myself in Garth if I do say so myself!
<br>You may be right, I may be crazy....ahhhhh but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for!" Now that's a fun lunatic FYI!! LOL I like to rock right along with him on the Central Park video! YEA! Rock on GARTH! :cool:
<br>
<br>Case closed, Hawk...we luv ya! At least ya know I'm harmless! I may be Shameless though! LOL Oh and by the way, you ended your post in Bless Ya'..like the old days! :) N

fuzzwuzz
07-16-2000, 08:03 PM
One thing Garth is teaching me, is that you've got to be willing to be moved out of yourself and into the fire. Until I did that, I didn't know how much movin' I really needed. And I am finding out, I'm not much different than any other nut or lunatic who needs displacing out of myself. And being friends in low places is where the party's at man!N

Hawk7lte
07-16-2000, 08:23 PM
For the record you are whatever you say you are....
<br>
<br>I think Garth is sane, smart, and educated.
<br>And I know I am not a "fan".
<br>
<br>
<br>Case closed.
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
07-17-2000, 08:50 PM
Yes I am a fan of Garth's, but I am in no way perfect, for there is always room for improvement. But I am a Believer for sure! That's what really matters I think. Garth needs us to believe in him as he does in us.
<br> Sorry if you think I was putting Garth down Hawk. He is indeed all the things you said he is. But he also has his 'wild' side. Or maybe 'human' side is a better way to say it. Us fans really identify with that because after all we are human too.
<br> But just so you know, I respect Garth as well as love him for who he is, because I feel the same from him.
<br> I see nothing wrong with being his fan. Why should I hesitate when he accepts me with open arms? No other 'star' has made me feel that for real. I don't think there will ever be another as special to me as Garth. His music has done great things in my life and I will ALWAYS be his fan.
<br> Garth broke the mold on stardom and fandom. In fact, maybe he is remodeling it. To better suit this world's real needs. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the craziness anymore, and start enjoying the spoils! He sure shows us how to have fun.
<br> So let's look for the bright side together, ok? I know there must be one.
<br> Take care, Dale
<br>N