PDA

View Full Version : Garth's mind

fuzzwuzz
07-07-2000, 08:44 AM
Ok. I just stumbled accross this one in the book "Dreaming Out Loud." The author, Bruce Feiler, is watching Garth with his adoring fans and trying to take it all in. He says; "They acted like family and were treated as such. Garth, for the most part seemed to recognize most of the people in line...It's an absurd notion to believe that Garth Brooks could possibly know every one of the 60 million people who had purchased one of his albums, but I actually spent several minutes that night trying to contemplate the mathematical possibility."
<br> "There is something about my mind," he told me later, "That if I see a face, I'll remember seeing that face. If I sign somebody's name, I can go back to when I signed it, look down at the picture, and read the name."
<br> Then Bruce asks him how he maintains that and he basically gives credit to the way country music makes you accessible to the people.
<br>
<br> Garth does indeed make himself so accessible to us. I would like to hear of any encounters you all had with him where he remembered meeting you before. I've heard he gives details! Amazing!
<br> But what really floored me was when I met him for the first time at the Mets Stadium and he said I looked familiar to him. This threw me, as I had heard of his great memory in books and fans stories. He kept pushing me too, as if he was trying to remember something. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sure I am not alone in my experience. You could brush it of as just maybe I looked like someone he knew, but that doesn't sound like the Garth described in that book.
<br> I don't want to get into no huge discussion about the power of Garth's mind or memory. I just want to hear all your stories about him remembering his fans. I feel honored he 'remembered' me, but I want to hear it from the fans how he really remembered you in a personal way. Please indulge us!N

marla with a b
07-07-2000, 01:26 PM
I was lucky enough to meet Garth for the first time at ST in PSL. I was totally impressed with his ability to remember my name all 4 days that we were there! But, the most amazing thing was that I went back two weeks later and he remembered my name AND what we had talked about! The man is truly incredible and it is obvious that he actually cares about what his fans think!!
<br>
<br>I think we all must realize that and that's what makes him so special to everyone of us!
<br>
<br>mw/abN

honky
07-07-2000, 04:47 PM
Ummm.... I wonder if Garth ever remembers the artist behind the portrait that someone had him to sign :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN