PDA

View Full Version : I heard this on the radio earlier tonight.

Dancer
07-05-2000, 08:57 PM
It was on After Midnight with Blair Garner. He said that Garth is not releasing a new album at all this year. He can't seem to find good enough songs to put together a collection for an album. He also said that Garth wants to go back to Oklahoma and work on his family. Am I lost somewhere? Is Garth still living in Tenn. or did he move to Oklahoma? If he moved, what happened to the house in Tenn. that we all know, or does he have more than one house?N

GRTH FAN
07-05-2000, 09:02 PM
I'm sure it won't take him long to find enough music for a new project!! And I think he does have more then one house!!!!!
<br>Donna :)N

Dancer
07-05-2000, 09:10 PM
Oh, also if there will not be a new album this year, what about the Chris Gaines thing. Is "The Lamb" still in production or did that kind of get killed off? If Garth puts time, etc. into making The Lamb, will it still be in movie theaters or made for tv since the Chris Gaines thing did not go as well as planned. I am sorry to talk about two topics in one thread, but as per moving to Oklahoma, I think that it was so him and the family could be closer to his dad since his mom passed away.N

fuzzwuzz
07-06-2000, 05:41 PM
"The Lamb" ain't dead yet, and only the supposedly low record sales didn't go as planned, at least in the eyes of Capitol Records. Garth says Chris music hasn't done yet what he wants it to do. He says "ya gotta believe." I'm watching and waiting with him. And believing.N

marla with a b
07-06-2000, 05:54 PM
I believe too! Every time I listen to Chris Gaines I like it better!!
<br>
<br>I played it for two of my "hard rock" friends and they loved it -- until they knew it was Garth......sad!!!
<br>
<br>I will back it 110%!!!
<br>
<br>mw/abN

cowgirl14
07-06-2000, 07:45 PM
Wait unless Sandy got mad at Garth for a really good reason a she left:( to stay at her Mom and Dad's place. So Garth just staying there till everything is worked out:). And maybe he will come back to Tenn. But I don't know if he sold it.:( Or moved:(. LOVE YA JOEY:) N

honky
07-06-2000, 11:07 PM
Marla with a b,
<br>
<br>LOL... so your friends denied that they like the music? Come on, they are lying to themselves...LOL
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

PJ
07-07-2000, 07:11 AM
As stated in numerous other threads, Garth and family are living in OK right now but have not sold their TN home. Right now it is important they are close to family for lots of reasons.N

fuzzwuzz
07-07-2000, 07:37 AM
I find it very interesting that when they find out it's Garth they back off. As if he might contaminate them or something. Or could it be the other way around?N

BigGfan4life
07-07-2000, 08:09 AM
Sorry if I confuse anyone...I haven't been around in a while...but on my local stations, whenever they play Garth, they keep saying he is going to retire for good at the end of the year. Does this mean he is not going to release a new album at all??N

onair
07-11-2000, 09:52 AM
There was an interview w/ Garth the nite of the Hollywood Bowl "thing", where Garth stated that they have moved back home to OK, to work on things. He also went on to say that they are keeping the house in TN.
<br>
<br>onairN

phillygirl4garth
07-11-2000, 10:44 AM
Well, are we back to this speculation thing again. I'll believe it when I hear it from Garth's mouth that he is retiring. Whatever he is doing now, it is what he needs to do. I hope to heck that he does come back and make more music but I just am gonna wait and see.
<br>
<br>DeniseN

AZamy77
07-11-2000, 11:23 AM
I drove through Oklahoma and even Yukon when I went to Ohio last month, and I have to say, I'm glad his family is back in OK. It's such a nice state, and Yukon was "very cool." It's seems to have more values than what Nashville would have, and even better yet, no one knows where he lives now! :)N

OkieandloyalGBfan
07-11-2000, 04:55 PM
Amy, you are so funny. What do you mean, now no one knows where he lives? Oklahoma has maps and street signs and paved roads, you know!! :) HA :) It isn't all buffaloe and wagon trails by day and teepee villages by night!! You crack me up!! All my creditors know where I live, :rolleyes: and OKC is a much bigger place than Owasso and surrounding!! Silly girl.
<br>
<br>I wish I had known when you were here -- I would have treated you to the best BBQ in town, which happens to be only a couple of blocks from my parents house.....maybe next time! ;)
<br>
<br>Deanna
<br>N

GarthLVR88
07-12-2000, 11:12 AM
Hey now...me bein' from Oklahoma, just like OkieandloyalGBfan, I've heard the Garth buzz for the last few months. I myself haven't been by the house in Owasso...but, the word on the street is he's building a house in Claremore which is just outside Owasso. Nah don't-a-go holdin' me to that...'cause I haven't checked it out myself...but I'm plannin' on it!
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>P.S. OMGarth, at school one day, we were discussing Alaska's means of transportation, and half the kids in my class thought that they were all Eskimos or something...The funnier part was when the teacher told us all that half the people in Alaska think Oklahoma's means of transportation is still the "horse." :mad: N

AZamy77
07-13-2000, 11:15 PM
"I'm laughing like it's going outta style!!!" LOL :)
<br>I drove about ummm 300 or so miles of OK highways, hehe, and it is very far from being teepees and buffaloes! LOL! But it is one thing...very cool! It has the world's largest McDonald's on the turnpike out of Tulsa, lots of cool places to see and well paved roads! HEHE!! I sure wish we'd met up Deanna! You silly girl! I will be back that way soon, so email me! Seriously, now! :cool:
<br>
<br>And ya know, he could build a house like Burt Reynolds did, that you have to take a helicopter to get to! LOL But then that wouldn't be too Garth, if I know him right. He's too much of a 'freebird.' Gotta get that dually out and go! :)
<br>
<br>Watch out for those cowboy's on the highways, Deanna!
<br>:cool: You are really lucky to live in such a cool state! I like it! :)N