PDA

View Full Version : Garth music, American Pie and Boston Pops, Garth/Sandy

Garth4Ever
07-05-2000, 05:08 PM
Besides enjoying to lsitening to Garths's music, I ahve also played the viola (very similar to the violin) for the last 7 yrs. in middle and high-school. I graduated in June but still want to play, especially Garth's music. Does anyone where I could get the fiddle/violin or viola scores for Garth's music from? Last night on the A&E Network's 10th annual Pops Goes the Fourth special from Boston with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Don McLean appeared and sang, of course, American Pie (using the same verses that Garth performs). I read an article back in Feb. talking about Madonna's then-newly released version of American Pie which stated Don was working on a live Don McLean album, with Garth and Nanci Griffith joining him on American Pie. Is that album out yet. I haven't visited this site in a long time, but the last time I did I read the posts about Garth's Jan. GMA interview with Robin Roberts where he indicated all wasn't well at home. Have those family problems been rectified (which I hope is the case now). Finally, does anyone how I could send a personal message to Jimmy Mattingly, Garth's fiddler on his last world tour? Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.N

Pilgrim
07-06-2000, 02:58 PM
Sorry, I can't help you:(:(
<br>
<br>But I can bring this back to the top for others to see:):)
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N

Snow
07-06-2000, 03:48 PM
I did a quick search for some violin sheet music and I found this book called:
<br>
<br>The Ultimate Country Fake Book
<br>
<br>It has sheet music for violin for over 700 country songs including:
<br>
<br>Ain't Going Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up)
<br>The Beaches Of Cheyenne
<br>Callin' Baton Rouge
<br>Friends In Low Places
<br>
<br>There are probably others in the book too but I got tired looking through all 700 songs! *laughing* There are some other really great country songs in the book as well.
<br>
<br>You can look it over and order it at
<br>
<br>http://www.encoremusic.com/violin/1700267.htm
<br>
<br>I'm sure you can also get your local music store to order it for you. The only downside is that it is $40.... but it's a heck of a lot of music for $40
<br>
<br>I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything else.
<br>
<br>N

Garth4Ever
07-07-2000, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info about The Ultimate Country Fake Book. 700 songs for only $40 bucks is a very good deal. I'm not ready to buy any music for a few weeks, but you're search efforts are greatly appreciated.N