PDA

View Full Version : Little piece about Garth on FOX News

garthaddict
07-05-2000, 11:02 AM
Just watched fox news and they had Arthel Nevel (she is a celebrity reporter) on there talking about Wynonna and Garth.She said garth HAS moved back to Oklahoma to work on his marriage and will not be releasing a cd this year because he doesn't want to do one that "has all of the songs that weren't good enough to put on any of his previous albums".She also said that he will let everyone know at the end of this year if he is going to retire.Not alot of new news but I know we weren't sure if he had moved back to OK or just staying there for the summer.So I guess we will see.N

hugeGBnutt
07-05-2000, 11:09 AM
Oh, my brain hurrrrrrts now:(, i wish we'd hear something from Garth himself soon:(
<br>
<br>aRi<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

Garth1
07-05-2000, 11:26 AM
No cd this year ? :(
<br>As long as he hasn't retired, we'll keep on hoping ...
<br>
<br>Paul.N

honky
07-05-2000, 12:42 PM
Yeah.. this is what I got from Countrynow.com
<br>
<br>
Don't expect a new album from Garth Brooks this year. Despite earlier reports, Garth isn't planning to put together a disc of his old, unreleased recordings. Garth says the last thing he wants to do is release a collection of songs that weren't good enough for his previous records.
<br>
<br>WELL... as long as Garth is taking time off for even better music, then I don't complain...LOL :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Garthmedic
07-05-2000, 01:19 PM
OUCH! Right through our hearts! :( Shut down the ol' rumor mill- No upcoming releases anytime soon. :(
<br>
<br>--spud--:cool:N

nelty
07-05-2000, 01:58 PM
Actually, I think Garth did the right thing by not putting out an album now.:) Especially when he is he dealing with his family and the record company are going through the merger.
<br>
<br>Another alubum means another promotion for the album which means TIME away from his family, so... there's no diff.
<br>
<br>His heart is not where the music is right now, at least I think. He should release one whenever HE is ready to.
<br>
<br>I really hope Garth really take a few years off and spend it with his family. well, I miss that part of the news, I guess I will catch the 9 oclock news... :-)
<br>
<br>Thank you for sharing. :)
<br>
<br>Nelly<P>(This message has been edited by nelty)N

Pilgrim
07-05-2000, 03:24 PM
Another alubum means another promotion for the album which means TIME away from his family, so... there's no diff.
<br>But that didn't seem to be a problem for him last year with both Chris Gaines and the X-mas album.
<br>There were also problems back then, so what is the difference?? And he also was away for ST this year.
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N

garthsgirl
07-05-2000, 06:01 PM
The difference was there wasn't a major tour to promote the Chris Gaines album(which I would have loved to see). I'm sure there were problems that needed to be worked on last year, nothing happens over-night. If he needs this time to insure the future happiness of himself and his family, he is doing the right thing. I can also understand,since he is such a perfectionist, Garth not putting out unreleased songs that did not make past albums. I'm sure he wants things to settle down at Capitol, too.
<br>
<br> LisaN

changer
07-05-2000, 06:19 PM
You have to remember that these public appearances are planned WAY in advance. I think if he could have, he would have gotten out of doing all the Christmas stuff. His heart was certainly not in it.
<br>
<br>And if the dude says no album, there won't be an album. Cause if he doesn't promote it full steam, with all the smiles and waves, it'll tank and cost them a bundle. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now. N

Vanessa
07-06-2000, 07:29 AM
Good points made Tommy!! :) I agree with you! :) :cool:
<br>
<br>VanessaN

Pilgrim
07-06-2000, 10:24 AM
But no one can actually drag him to do the shows.
<br>
<br>I think he did make the shows because he wanted to. He could have cancelled from one day to the other without any problems at all.
<br>
<br>So it's no excuse for him that all the TV appearances was planned way ahead:)
<br>
<br>I think he should speak up NOW about what he is planning IF he is planning on something.
<br>
<br>Brian<P>(This message has been edited by Pilgrim)N

MelMalovesGB4eva
07-06-2000, 10:53 AM
:(
<br>
<br>I never get tired of the old stuff though.:)
<br>
<br>LisaN

nelty
07-06-2000, 11:42 AM
Yes... Brian
<br>
<br>BUT... in order to have good sales on the album he have to do the shows and interview. No, no one will actually drag him to do the shows and interview but it's something that he have to do to promote the Album. Sure, he can release the album and not do anything but that wouldn't be Garth, would it?
<br>
<br>Last year with Chris Gaines, he is trying to settle down. Things are whinning down... and now things are actually "low" right now. You don't expect Garth to pop up again do you??? Besides, He deserve the time off with his family. Sandy and the girls needs it too.
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
07-06-2000, 02:23 PM
Nelly
<br>
<br>He is greedy and want to sell as many albums as possible. He has said before that he don't think about the sales, and that is not true, because he does.
<br>Which is proven by DL and the boxed set.
<br>
<br>He could sit back home in his chair and do nothing while the album was on the market.
<br>He don't need no huge promotion to sell a new country album.
<br>But of course if he wants to sell millions and millions of albums then he does need huge promotion. But again he has said he don't think in sales figures.
<br>
<br>You know as well as me that every Garth fan with respect for him/herself would buy the album, no matter what was on it.
<br>
<br>IF he does something later this year I want an album with old songs on it.:)
<br>
<br>1. He didn't have to record new songs = more with his family
<br>
<br>2. He could release it without promotion (since he don't care about sales) and Garth fans would still buy it. No promotion tour = more time with his family
<br>
<br>3. An album is better than an possible HUGE party because it is possible for ALL the fans to be a part of it:cool:
<br>
<br>So if Garth is true to his own words about not paying attention to the sales, then he can easily release an album without promotion.
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

thedance_2000
07-06-2000, 02:30 PM
All right I hate to be negative, but I'm really getting tired of all this crap....
<br>
<br>You want to know my biggest worry, that the "TIME" is never going to be enough. I mean does it really take "5 years" to patch things up?
<br>
<br>I know that one time my hubby and I and had been having problems for a year and a half maybe even more. Once we really concentrated on each other though, it took all of a week before our hearts were back in it. We both took our two weeks vacation at the same time and sent our daughter and young son to my parents until we felt we were better. The first few days were spent fighting, but we didn't give up and we stood toe to toe and by the end of that vacation we were as much in love as we had been in high school.
<br>Its no easy, but I also know first hand it dosen't take years and years to fix a marriage. If both peoples hearts are really in it then they will fix it as soon as they want to. A little time, and whole lot of patience does a world of good... but I just can't see how if his heart is really in it that it would take 5 or 10 years. I can understand needing to give that much quality time to a child... but I really can't see that Garth is trully giving this his all. If he can make enemys into fans in a 3 hour concert, surely he could of made a believer out of his wife again in these last 2 years. Maybe I'm crossing the line, and I'm sorry if I am... but I question how much of his heart he is giving to this.
<br>
<br>Also I have one last comment...
<br>
<br>Do you truely believe the kind of man Garth is, that he wil truely be intent on playing with those girls for the next 10 to 15 years. Hes gonna get bored, not that he dosen't love them... its just hes the kind of person who has to have something more to do. I don't believe for a second hes going to be content sitting around for the next 15 years until these girls go off to college. Music is a part of his soul, and when he is well on his way to being over his mothers death, I think his heat will be back in it. He may not go at near the speed he use to, but he will have to do something. I think he likes feeling like he touching the world, even if its just a small part of it.
<br>
<br>These are touchy subjects, but I call it as I see it...
<br>
<br>Garth is music and music is Garth, theres never going to be anything that will completely change that. You say what you want.... but the music is still there... the love and the ability is still there.
<br>
<br>May god do his will and lead us to the right path,
<br>Kate
<br>N

SweetGBFan
07-06-2000, 02:52 PM
Okay just my two cents, but I think Garth is not over his mom dying yet. Guys do we forget that next month will be a year?? I know from losing both of my parents that the first year is hard, and when the anniversary rolls around wow it gets even harder!! I think Garths mom was alot of his music and alot of his inspiration and I think he is still lost without her. I do think in time he will heal, but maybe his heart is not really in the place of the music right now. I too think that music is in Garths soul and he wont give it up completely but he needs space and time and its well deserved. I too am anxious for an announcement of his plans, and I would love for him to tour and make another album, but if his heart is not there yet will the music be the same and will the concerts be as fun?N

nelty
07-06-2000, 03:42 PM
Brian.
<br>
<br>BTW, DL did get some promotion and interview with talk shows. I'm not sure about the boxset. I was a pretty new fan back then. Also, DL & Boxset are both have well known songs. But I'm sure that Garth will want to do some promotion for NEW album.
<br>
<br>You are right, he DID say that he don't care about the sales. But he was upset when Fresh Horses didn't get the kind of promotion, he wanted. And let's not forget the issue over the Seven CD.
<br>
<br>I am not saying that he can't release an album and sit back. If Garth release an album. He will be and will want to give his 110% and make it the BEST. Doing part of the job or not giving the best is not part of Garth's dictionary.
<br>
<br>Garth will not release the album and not promote it. Promotion is part of every package when you release an album.
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
07-06-2000, 03:57 PM
Nelly
<br>
<br>You don't have to use millions of dollars on promotion of an album. So it is not always a part of the package.
<br>You see LOTS of other stars who doesn't use as many money as garth used on the Chris gaines CD.
<br>
<br>I still believe that Garth think in sales more than he want to admit. Why do you else think he was upset with the promotion os FH and the problems with Sevens??
<br>
<br>NO ONE ask for him to do 110%. All we ask for is another album, but he don't need to give it 110% if it keeps him away from his family.
<br>
<br>My point about DL and the boxed set was that he released them to reach the 100 million mark before the year 2000. I think it is pretty obvious.
<br>
<br>I guesss we will have to wait and see what happens;);) I just wish hw would come out of the closet and say what his exact plans are for the resdt of the year:)
<br>

nelty
07-06-2000, 04:11 PM
Brian,
<br>
<br>no one asked Garth to give his 110% but that's who HE is. If he didn't, he wouldn't be where he is right now. and I wouldn't be talking to you.
<br>
<br>No you don't need to spend a lot of money on promotion but you need to be backing the album. meaning talk shows and interviews.
<br>
<br>I would be upset if I am not getting the proper promotion for MY album. I don't blame Garth for that at all. He has the right to be mad if he thinks that he is not getting the proper "backing" for any of his album.
<br>
<br>Who will want to buy the album if the artist who release the album don't even seems to be backing the album. The media WILL jump on Garth.... Imagine the QUESTIONS and the negative remarks. The only way to proof this, is doing appearance.
<br>
<br>Nelly
<br>
<br>Ps: We just have diff view on this that's all.... N

changer
07-06-2000, 04:22 PM
Brian,
<br>
<br>I truly can't believe you posted that. Let me get this straight....
<br>
<br>You think that it is perfectly acceptable for Garth to make firm commitments to make highly anticipated appearances on numerous national talk shows in front of millions of fans -- and then just cancel them????!!! Day by day???!! Because he has personal issues??? Just to heck with how that effects other peoples lives and pocketbooks, and his credibility....
<br>
<br>But you crucify him daily because he "broke a promise" about flying accross the world to give Denmark another concert??
<br>
<br>You're too much, dude.
<br>
<br>changerN

nelty
07-06-2000, 04:35 PM
Oh Brian,
<br>
<br>by the way, I hope he stay low and as you would say it. "In the Closet". At least for now. That's what he has been planning for a while and that's what he is going to do.
<br>
<br>He certainly don't owe anyone to tell ANYONE what he is up to. And he shouldn't if he don't want to.
<br>
<br>NellyN

polly_wants_a_cracker
07-06-2000, 05:07 PM
I am sure Garth will do what he wants to do whether or not it is something some of his fans don't want him to do or not because it is HIS LIFE but for now I think we should just wait and see and quit bickering over it until whatever he chooses to do is made public by his own mouth. It is probally hard enough for him to make the decision anyways, I mean if it was easy for him it would not take so much time for him to make it so let him have his time to think on his own terms, it is he and nobody here that knows what he needs, wants, or what his family needs right now. It looks like there is a tugga war going on right now with some of his fans, you know he gets letters by some begging him not to quit and some telling him they support, that has to be hard on him.
<br>
<br>Why make a BIG deal over something in the past and also something that we don't know yet.
<br>
<br>Pilgrim,
<br>
<br>Denmark is far away, and even on a plane takes a long time to get there, when Garth goes over seas I would say it would be hard for him to fly home where is in the states it is not such a big problem to fly back home but if Garth goes across the ocean it would not probally be just for Denmark, he would probally go to other cities and countries around. He did Dublin for a tv special and Belfast was added in last minute but it is probally just harder for him to get over there with family and everything. Plus Garth has said in interviews something to the effect of there are some places he has played that he didn't get a good reception or something during the show, maybe that is why? I doubt he would never name a certain city that he didn't enjoy playing at but he has said there are some.
<br>
<br>If Garth got on tv and said he was never going to play my city or state again even if he had said before he would I would not make such a big deal of it. It is not the end of the world and as long as he was alive there would still be a chance to catch a show elsewhere.N

Pilgrim
07-07-2000, 10:53 AM
Nelly:)
<br>
<br>
He certainly don't owe anyone to tell ANYONE what he is up to. And he shouldn't if he don't want to
<br>I know, that is also why I think he should keep his mouth shut, and not mention ANYTHING about what his plans are. ESPECIALLY not if he changes his mind.
<br>It's HIS own fault everybody pull him like 5 children a teddy.
<br>
<br>Polly
<br>I haven't said he should play Denmark only. I have said he should finish the "world tour" as was said atleast 3 times.
<br>It's been almost 6 years since he has been in Europe (except Ireland).
<br>So based on that he had 6 years of recreation;);) So he could come back now.
<br>And if other artists can bring their family along, so can Garth.
<br>
<br>Anyway this was not a discussion about his tour but about what rumours he brag out.
<br>
<br>Changer
<br>
You think that it is perfectly acceptable for Garth to make firm commitments to make highly anticipated appearances on numerous national talk shows in front of millions of fans -- and then just cancel them????!!! Day by day???!! Because he has personal issues??? Just to heck with how that effects other peoples lives and pocketbooks, and his credibility....
<br>
<br>It's no big deal, really. it's just for him to pick up the phone and tell them he have to cancel the appearance.
<br>I am sure nobody would complain;) only 2-3 months after he lost his mom. But of course it happens to the AMERICAN fans and what a tragedy that would be if you had to miss him on TV for 5-6 months.
<br>And most of his credibility crashed 4 years ago.
<br>When it happened with the tour 4 years ago where he was supposed to be here, and didn't show up it was no problem that he stayed away. Oh yeah, of course, he toured America once again and extended the tour to 3 years, so you couldn't complain. he didn't kick out the European/Australian leg of the tour back then because of personal issues.
<br>
<br>
But you crucify him daily because he "broke a promise" about flying accross the world to give Denmark another concert??
<br>For the record. I don't post about this daily. If you took the time to read the forums you would also see that. And I have never said he should fly over here and give another concert here in DK. I have said he should finish the "world tour" BEFORE he retire.
<br>But I can wait until he come back. he just have to start out again over here or in Australia.
<br>
<br>But Changer, you don't have a problem with him "lying" and constantly mention the last tour as a world tour eventhough it wasn't anything near such an tour??
<br>Only an North American tour with a tiny trip to Ireland.
<br>

redstrokes77
07-07-2000, 01:32 PM
Brian!
<br>
<br> You said:
<br>"My point about DL and the boxed set was that he released them to reach the 100 million mark before the year 2000. I think it is pretty obvious."
<br>
<br>Now if you ask me I think that if Garth really wanted to reach the 100 million mark by 2000 he would have released another "country" album and NOT the Chris Gaines one or another Christmas album.
<br>
<br>deb
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
07-07-2000, 01:39 PM
Deb
<br>
<br>That makes sense:):)
<br>
<br>But I still think that HE thought that the Chris Gaines album would sell like crazy because of the "bizarre" in the story and the way it was made.:)
<br>
<br>I can remember the discussion here on PG where we predicted how much it would sell, and the guesses were mostly between 5 and 7 million copies, except mine;);)
<br>
<br>BrianN

marla with a b
07-07-2000, 01:47 PM
I don't think he released DL to make any "marks"...I think he did it because he knew his fans were asking for a LIVE album!!! I think it's the BEST and I'm glad he released it! If it helped him make the "mark" then that's fine --- he certainly didn't force us to buy it!!
<br>
<br>just my thoughts :)
<br>
<br>mw/ab
<br>
<br>ps I think we should just relax and wait for Garth to decide when he is ready to tour again and how much time is enough with his family --- he'll be back - it's in his blood! I totally agree that Garth is the music - he needs it and we need him. He knows that. Let's just wait for him and play the OLD STUFF until he comes back!
<br>N

Pilgrim
07-07-2000, 02:39 PM
Marla:)
<br>
<br>With the HUGE promotion of DL and the way it was sold he "tricked" MANY people to buy the album;);)
<br>He was very cunning in the way he promoted that;)
<br>
<br>But I don't mind at all:):) I will still buy anything from him:)
<br>

nelty
07-07-2000, 03:05 PM
Brian,
<br>
<br>you said, Garth should keep his mouth SHUT".....
<br>
<br>At least he is honest and let his fans knows and not letting them think that he is coming when he is not. MORE people will be mad at him.
<br>
<br>If he didn't tell, RIGHT NOW, I bet that you will be complaining "Why didn't Garth said that he is not coming........ " and so on...
<br>
<br>NellyN

ShellyGirl
07-07-2000, 03:50 PM
I agree with Marla w/ab. Lets just play the old stuff until Garth is ready to come back. Folks, he will be back! It is in his blood. Garth has said this so many times that I lost track. He loves the music, the crowds, the applause and he loves the persona he portrays on stage--GB. :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: So when he is ready, he will come back to the one place where he feels the most loved and the most comfortable place--the stage! :)
<br>Right now Garth is dealing with some major issues in his life. He took time away to work on his marriage, spend time watching his 3 daughters grow up, and dealing with the early demise of his mom. Lets face it, Colleen should have been around for another 10-15 years, but instead she was stricken with an awful diagnosis of cancer. :( And now Garth has to go on like nothing ever happened? It takes time to get over things like this. I know. I am a nurse and I see families dealing with awful, fatal diagnoses every day. I myself have dealt with cancer and tragic deaths in my own family. My niece was killed in a car accident at the ripe old age of 15. These issues are hard to get over. It takes more than a year or two!! It has been 6 years for me and I still have issues. There is a line from one of Reba's songs that goes something like this...
<br>
<br> "I guess the world didn't stop for my broken
<br> heart"
<br>
<br>I am sure that this is how Garth feels right now. You expect the world to stop when you are feeling so much pain. You can't believe that life continues when you just want to crawl inside of a cave and die also.
<br>Garth will be back when he is ready to move past these issues in his life. And when he does come back, all of his true, adoring fans will be waiting with their arms wide open to embrace him and welcome him back. Until then, we just have to be patient and give Garth his due time. He gave us ours!
<br>ShellyN

Pilgrim
07-07-2000, 04:08 PM
Nelly:)
<br>
<br>
At least he is honest and let his fans knows and not letting them think that he is coming when he is not. MORE people will be mad at him
<br>But that was EXACTLY what he did with the last tour. Letting his overseas fans think he was coming, and then he stayed away.
<br>So much for his honesty!
<br>
<br>
If he didn't tell, RIGHT NOW, I bet that you will be complaining "Why didn't Garth said that he is not coming........ " and so on...
<br>If you are talking about the retirement, then nope!
<br>Springsteen did it that way. From one day to the other he fired the E Street Band, and "retired".
<br>It was tough but it is better to do it that way because it gives you no chance what so ever to demand things from the artist;)
<br>If you are talking about the tour, then he DID say he would come, but stayed away because he wanted to add extra shows in NA.
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

thedance_2000
07-07-2000, 07:59 PM
Brian are you getting tired of hearing yourself complain yet? You've been going on and on about how Garth "let you down" ever since you have been here. Its over, the tour is done, move on! Hes only human and like all people he has broken promises. Imagine how many promises he broke to those little girls though... and they do DESERVE him!
<br>Lets face it, chances are Garth isn't doing another tour anytime soon. Even when he does it will probally been in the states. Maybe he didn't get the response he had hoped for the first time around, ever think of that?! Hes no a big pop star like Maria and a country star isn't going to be very well recieved in many European countries.
<br>Besides, its only natural for him to have more of a desire to tour at home. Maybe other artists don't feel the same... but its possible Garth does.
<br>You know Garth promised that he was going to do a concert in my hometown... did he? No he did not, but did I complain about it for years like your doing? No I was bummed for about a month, but then I got over it.
<br>There are so many people in so many places that wish Garth would come to them and please them. Hes only one man though, he can't do it all!
<br>
<br>So just cool it and get over yourself... life goes on Brian!
<br>
<br>KateN

GarthLVR88
07-07-2000, 08:55 PM
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?? ;)
<br>
<br>Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now... :)
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

Cheryl
07-08-2000, 07:28 AM
This thread seems to have run its course and doesn't seem to be heading anywhere constructive, so I'm closing it.
<br>Garthaddict.....thanks for the initial info! :)N