PDA

View Full Version : garth gave me a gold record and i didn't have to work for it!!!

rightnow777
07-03-2000, 07:45 PM
Hi,
<br> somehow i knew that would catch your attention. Okay here's what happened. I'm a singer in Texas. and every year i sing at a relay race in a small town called Forney, Texas for a friend of mine who was struck by lightning and was killed and the money that is raised from that relay race goes to kids who don't have enough money to go to college because he never made it. He donated everything he had to people in need.Which is why I registered to be a doner by the way. anyway,I have a friend by the name of scott morris ( who will one day be bigger then tim mcgraw he's that good of a singer) i met him when i first started singing at the relay in 1997.Clay's aunt was my homebound teacher, she had to teach me when i was recovering from my 30th surgery.I'll explain that to ya later o.k so anyway. this year scott wanted Garth to surprise me and come out and sing with me...well. as luck would have it... he couldn't come.so he wanted to make it up to me and he gave me one of his gold records, scott had to be the one to actually give it to me of course. now i wouldn't brag about this to anybody i mean i thought that since you guys are big fans i thought i'd let you know, now please don't write me and say that you want me to give Garth you'r adress and phone number or anything because i don't know the man. and i hardly ever see scott.just once a year, i just thought i'd write you and tell you what happened to me a month ago. alright so keep wishing on your lucky star and good things will happen.
<br> I'll see you when i come back to you again,
<br> Rightnow777N

nelty
07-03-2000, 07:58 PM
WOW....
<br>
<br>that really show how much fans means to Garth. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

honky
07-03-2000, 08:24 PM
VERY COOL!!
<br>
<br>Although Garth couldn't be there, he still gave you one of his gold records :)
<br>
<br>So, which one is it? or they don't have names on it?
<br>
<br>
<br>Are you a country artist? if so, do you have a contract with any record labels?
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Hawk7lte
07-03-2000, 08:25 PM
What a nice story - and what a nice gift.
<br>
<br>Thanks for telling your story and welcome aboard.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

hugeGBnutt
07-03-2000, 08:28 PM
Very cool of the G-man!;):cool::)
<br>
<br>aRiN

smitten
07-03-2000, 10:27 PM
Very :cool: cool, thanks for sharing your story - I hope its hanging in the middle of your lounge room (sitting room?).
<br>
<br>Ana :)N

garthsgirl
07-04-2000, 05:59 AM
How very thoughtful of Garth to do that for you. Every time I hear things like this, it only proves to me how proud I am to be a fan of his. He has a very special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing a very special story with us. LisaN

rightnow777
07-04-2000, 08:43 AM
hey everybody,
<br> Thank you for all of your responses,someone asked me of i was a country singer and if i had a record deal. Well, I am a country singer, I just don't have a record deal, I have tried however,since I was nine years old. maybe one of you guys could help me with this. And if you guys want info on when I sing next i'll be happy to give it to you and you guys can come hear me sing. again you guys keep amazing me...thank you.
<br> I'll see you when i come back to you again,
<br> Rightnow777N

elvisfanforever
07-04-2000, 09:35 AM
You 'betcha! they put names on those gold records!
<br>It looks just like a real record, has the record company's name and logo, artist name, song title, etc.
<br>Gold Records are given out (and Gold CDs !) as Recognition Awards, by the Record Companies when the artist's song sells a million copies. They are actual records, plated with gold!
<br>When I was working in Radio in Clovis, New Mexico, the station I worked for was designed by Norman Petty.
<br>Mr. Petty and his wife, Viola, helped co-write and produce a lot of early rock hits, his biggest success, was Buddy Holly! He also helped to co write, and produce such big hits as "Party Doll" by Buddy Knox, and "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs.
<br>All these hits were recorded at his NOR-VA-JAK Recording Studios in Clovis, New Mexico. Anyway, sticking with the subject, as a courteousy, he gave the staff of the radio station we worked for, a tour of his recording studio. In that tour I got to see a real life Gold Record (45RPM) that Dot Records gave Norman Petty for "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs, for selling a million copies of that hit!
<br>The Gold Record that Garth Gave this person would look very similar, except for whether the award was for a Gold Album, or a Gold 45. They would be labeled, and have all the information on them.
<br>They are completely PURE CLASS!!!!!!!!!!
<br>HAPPY 4TH, EVERYONE!
<br>Lester
<br>:)N

Pilgrim
07-04-2000, 02:11 PM
Very cool:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

no1cowgirl
07-04-2000, 09:14 PM
Hey, what album is that for? And do you have a pic of it? I'd love to see it.
<br>
<br>I'm also a singer.
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Chris Gaines
07-04-2000, 09:32 PM
I too would love to know which album it was for...
<br>
<br>... last time I was inside GB Management seemed that they had all the awards on the wall in there.
<br>
<br>I'd like to know.. so that the next time I go (which will be pretty soon) I can check and see if that one is "missing in action" so to speak LOL :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Vanessa
07-05-2000, 07:32 AM
Thanks for sharing that. It makes me proud to know his fans mean so much to him :)
<br>
<br>VanessaN

Garth1
07-05-2000, 10:28 AM
:eek: AMAZING !! :eek:
<br>
<br>Isn't he just great ?
<br>
<br>Paul. :)N

loreli
07-05-2000, 11:18 AM
That is amazing!! What a guy!!
<br>
<br>LoriN

Hawk7lte
07-05-2000, 04:56 PM
So 777
<br>
<br>Thought there was gonna' be more from you - which gold record, what for, and what were the surgeries for?
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

littlebit
07-12-2000, 07:26 AM
Way cool!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
<br>:cool:
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Chris Gaines
07-12-2000, 08:43 AM
Well?
<br>
<br>I think we still waiting fer a couple answers here LOL
<br>
<br>rightnow777, ya still here? LOL
<br>
<br>JasonN

elvisfanforever
07-12-2000, 09:04 AM
Ditto!!
<br>:cool:
<br>:)
<br>Lester
<br>N

rightnow777
07-12-2000, 09:57 AM
O.k here are the answers you guys were looking for, he gave me the collection gold record, IO have no idea what fro and i have had surgeries for many different reasons such as back pain,Shunt surgerie(which is something they put in my head) my legs needed to be straightened and other personal reasons... hope this answers your questions
<br>
<br> love, me N

rightnow777
07-12-2000, 09:57 AM
O.k here are the answers you guys were looking for, he gave me the collection gold record, I have no idea what fro and i have had surgeries for many different reasons such as back pain,Shunt surgerie(which is something they put in my head) my legs needed to be straightened and other personal reasons... hope this answers your questions
<br>
<br> love, me N

no1cowgirl
07-13-2000, 07:39 AM
rightnow777-
<br> Sorry to bust yer bubble of happiness,but...I just talked to GB Management, and I was informed that Garth has never given away ANY of his gold records.
<br>
<br>
<br>Krista
<br>
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by no1cowgirl)N

rightnow777
07-13-2000, 01:23 PM
WHAT? N