PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info thanks to Garth ESP.

Garthfan92
07-01-2000, 08:33 PM
My Garth ESP has been in overdrive this weekend, catching lots of his songs and videos. I just happened to turn on the radio a couple minutes before I was going to go to bed, and Stars of Country was JUST starting. Who was on this week you ask? Garth!!! I've usually heard the interview segments they use on that show before, but there were some new ones tonight. I thought I would share them.
<br>
<br>Garth talked about playing baseball and said that Sandy isn't a fan of the game. To get her to go to a game, he used to ask her if she wanted to go out to dinner. She'd say yes, so he'd take her to get a hot dog at the ballpark!!! I thought that was hillarious.
<br>
<br>He also mentioned that he isn't afraid to talk publicly about things like problems with the record label, because the fans always come along and save him(the hugh release of Sevens and showing up at Central Park even with the delays of releasing it).
<br>
<br>He talked about his mom too. He said the writer of "It's Your Song" brought it to him when she'd just been diagnosed with cancer. Instead of pitching the song to him, she just said "I hope this makes you feel better." He loved it, but took it to Allen Reynolds for his opinion thinking it was his emotions getting the best of him. Allen had gotten a copy as well and said he was waiting for the right time to give it to Garth, because he knew it would be emotional for him, but that he did agree it was a great song.
<br>
<br>Well, those were the ones I found interesting. I paraphrased as well as I could. This whole ESP thing with Garth has got me thinking that someone upstairs likes the fact that I look up to Garth and wants that to continue!
<br>
<br>Lisa
<br>
<br>PS: Steve Wariner is on the show next week for anyone who's local country stations may carry it.N

honky
07-02-2000, 12:07 AM
Very cool!!!
<br>
<br>I don't have Garth ESP though :( But for some reason, I have Tim ESP :mad: I can't believe how many times I could hear Tim's song when I turned on my radio :(
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

garthsgirl
07-02-2000, 05:15 AM
I didn't know the story behind It's Your Song. Thank you for sharing it with us. Lisa
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
07-02-2000, 05:36 AM
Gee, I don't know if you could call it Garth ESP. How about Garth vision? He is a man always looking into the future as to what's ahead, not as a predicter of things to come, as much as he is wanting to live his dream that lies there for the seizing. And he compells us to take a gander at the view and believe with him.
<br> Thanks for the interview stuff. I can't get enough of Garth talking about us, his fans, and how he depends on us as well as we on him.N

smitten
07-02-2000, 12:28 PM
Thanks for that,
<br>I too was unsure who he has in mind when he sings that song - I had assumed it was his mom.
<br>Thanks you for sharing this with us, it's always appreciated.
<br>:) AnaN

honky
07-02-2000, 02:16 PM
WOW!! Believe it or not, I got to hear 2 Garth songs before I arrived the harbor and after I left!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Garthfan92
07-02-2000, 05:44 PM
I think the Garth vision is something different than Garth ESP, but I do think it exists as well. I think by the ESP, we're just refering to that knack for turing on the radio or switching to CMT just in time to catch a Garth song or some information about him. I think Garth vision is just understanding the whole Garth "thing" that makes him so special to us, the dreamer in him. Anyway, some of the info. was new to me, and I just thought I'd share.
<br>
<br>LisaN

Vanessa
07-02-2000, 06:03 PM
Hmmmmmm.... I'm not sure if you would call this Garth ESP. My dad and I went tothe baseball game the week before school was suppose to get out. Anyway.... I heard WYCBTMA on the way there and on the way back!! :) :) :) Plus the Orioles won the game!! but best of all I heard garth!! I think that's the perfect weekend!! :) :) :)
<br>
<br>VanessaN

GarthLVR88
07-02-2000, 07:08 PM
Boy do I know how that feels! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Catching Garth on all three country stations here in Tulsa makes my day! And seeing his videos twice an hour on VH1 Country isn't too bad either!!
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

AZamy77
07-03-2000, 03:24 AM
Rachel! :cool: What are the stations in Tulsa? I don't see them on the list of cities playing the song in the New Song Forum! Get over there and post! LOL I caught ya!
<br>
<br>Every time I unknowingly come across Garth, whether via radio or tv, it always gives me a smile and a peaceful feeling....and I testify that if that doesn't happen in any given day, I'll put my tapes on just for the inspirational messages he gives me. His vision for us is something I strive for this world to come to know.
<br>It does seem to be too coincidental sometimes though! :cool:
<br>
<br>God Bless.
<br>Amy :)N

AZamy77
07-03-2000, 03:27 AM
Lisa, Thanks for sharing that interview! :) Garth fans are the greatest!!!!! N

Vanessa
07-03-2000, 05:59 PM
WHOO HOO!!! I'm glad that someone knows what I'm talking about!! hehehe. :) :) thanks Lisa for the interiew! :)
<br>
<br>VanessaN

brooks1fan
07-05-2000, 01:02 PM
I had my own versions of Garth ESP all weekend too. Didn't get to check in much, so missed alot of news, but things started on Saturday night, when while chatting w/another Garth-friend, discovered Garth was on SNL... Had to go watch (was awesome)... then Monday,my husband actually played a few of my Garth CD's during dinner (BIG shock..he tends to get a little 'fed up' w/my obsession) lol.. Then my Garth-pal called (Hey Terri), all the way from Louisiana!!!!! Was VERY COOL (thanks for calling!).. Then my family and I went to see fireworks Monday night... While stuck in traffic, WYCBTMA came on the radio... Lots of people had their radios on the same station... I turned mine up and so did they... Was very cool listening to Garth in that type of "surround-sound"...LOL. Happened again Tuesday, each time I got in my car to go anywhere, Garth would come on w/in minutes...LOL.
<br>
<br>Made for an AWESOME holiday weekend....
<br>
<br>Garth Forever,
<br>
<br>TinaN