PDA

View Full Version : Garth at the Bluebird Cafe

Garth_FANtasizer
06-30-2000, 11:39 AM
Found this at countrystars.com:
<br>
<br>GARTH BROOKS AND WIFE HANG OUT WITH OLD FRIENDS
<br>
<br>Wednesday evening in Nashville Garth Brooks dropped in to surprise a*gathering of writers at the Bluebird Cafe that wrote or co-wrote with Garth*on some of his monster hits. Garth sang or harmonized on tunes by Pat*Alger, Kent Blazy, Kim Williams, Tony Arata, Dewayne Blackwell, Victoria*Shaw, Stephanie Davis, and Larry Bastian.
<br>
<br>Garth's wife Sandy (who has*writing credit on "That Summer" along with GB and Alger) sat behind Garth*for the entire two hours of performing and storytelling. On
<br>several*occasions Garth turned around to tap her on the knee as if to say this song*was meant for her.
<br>
<br>GARTH DETAILS
<br>
<br>Garth reminisced about the first time he heard Tony Arata*sing "The Dance" at a Bluebird writers night. It was one of those nights*that the audience wasn't paying attention, but Garth says he was spellbound*by the song. "That was one time in my life when I was glad nobody heard what*I heard," Brooks said.
<br>
<br>Larry Bastian ("Unanswered Prayers," "Rodeo") quipped, "Garth dragged our*family kicking and screaming into affluence."
<br>
<br>Stephanie Davis, from Montana, sang "Wolves" and mentioned that the song was*written for her grandparents, when they lost their ranch. She told Garth*that she had used the royalties from the song to buy them another ranch*right down the road from their original home.
<br>
<br>Tony Arata said that most of the writers there, who were comrades in the old*days, were delighted when they first heard Garth had landed a recording*contract. "We felt like one of us had broken out of the pen, had made it*over the wall." Kent Blazy added, "Only to hit another wall!"*(All these great writers have gathered in Nashville to record original*versions of their hit songs for an album. No details of album title or label*were revealed).
<br>
<br>(CountryStars.com Note: "Live On The Net" often covers Bluebird Café events, so be sure to check out that new feature at our site when you have a chance. Click on the red Live On The Net logo from the home page at www.CountryStars.com. Enjoy!
<br>
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

Teach
06-30-2000, 12:13 PM
What a great article! Thanks for sharing it. :cool:N

gbsangel7
06-30-2000, 01:13 PM
Hey guys! thought he was still in Oklahoma. Is he back in Nashville now??:):N

nelty
06-30-2000, 02:31 PM
Hi,
<br>
<br>I think that was a while ago... That was a few months ago... I think
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
06-30-2000, 02:50 PM
Nelly is right:)
<br>
<br>It was a few months ago:):)
<br>
<br>Some of our PGers were there;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garth_FANtasizer
06-30-2000, 03:22 PM
It was just on the nashville update at countrystars dated June 30th. The article says wednesday night. They update their news everyday.
<br>
<br>I remember the one from several months ago. That was prior to spring training and Garth had come with Ty England. Sandy was there also, but as I recall, she came later with a friend and sat in the back, not on
<br>stage with Garth.
<br>
<br>Also, Victoria Shaw and Stephanie Davis weren't at that one.
<br>
<br>"You may be right, I may be crazy"
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

Chris Gaines
06-30-2000, 04:12 PM
Actually Victoria and Stephanie WAS at the other one last April.. :)
<br>
<br>I believe :)
<br>
<br>The one in April ALL Garth's known writers attended.
<br>
<br>But this don't sound like that one.
<br>As as Garth said... he would still be doing some time in Nashville even though he living in Oklahoma ... to work on ummmm an Album ;)
<br>So this don't surprise me at all :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

honky
06-30-2000, 04:34 PM
THIS IS GREAT!! :)
<br>
<br>It's good to hear that Garth is still doing some music... even if it was just a small performance!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Jason,
<br>
<br>Yeah... maybe they were trying to get some ideas for a new album :eek: (I think TOO MUCH!)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Chris Gaines
06-30-2000, 05:20 PM
Tommy,
<br>
<br>Album is done.. I think they just working on the Minor details :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

honky
06-30-2000, 05:58 PM
JASON,
<br>
<br>NO!! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
<br>
<br>Oh MY GOD!!!!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>How do you know this?
<br>
<br>And is the music good?
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Chris Gaines
06-30-2000, 06:26 PM
Tommy,
<br>
<br>he was in the Studio last October (for the country album) and last January (for the Gaines Album).
<br>
<br>There is 2 done.. just need go ahead ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Cheryl
06-30-2000, 06:53 PM
And is the music good?
<br>
<br>LOL Tommy! :) Me thinks ya musta forgot who you was talkin about! ;)
<br>
<br>Ahhhhh....to have been in the right place at the right time...sounds like a great evening at the Bluebird! I'd sooooo much love to see & hear Garth in such a small, intimate setting.
<br>N

honky
06-30-2000, 11:58 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>:eek: I am still in shock that Garth has finished the country album :eek:
<br>
<br>I hope he has enough time to polish the whole album :) If you know what I mean.
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Garth Da Man
07-01-2000, 10:04 AM
I get a calendar, from the Bluebird, at the end of every month telling me who is going to be there for the next month. It hasn't listed any of Garth's writers to attend since the performance they gave right before spring training.N

GarthLVR88
07-01-2000, 09:02 PM
JASON! you're in hot water. How many times do I have to tell you?! Keep me informed. Pffh, men. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Geez...;)
<br>
<br>RachelN

Chris Gaines
07-01-2000, 11:10 PM
RACHEL!
<br>
<br>LOL!.. women .. can't live wiff 'em can't live wiffout 'em :P
<br>
<br>hehehehe
<br>
<br>Jason ;)N

GBinMyHrt
07-02-2000, 07:49 AM
Hey Jason :-)
<br>
<br>Garth was at the Bluebird cafe Friday February 11 .....I had no idea he was there in April too. Do you remember when in April? N

LittleRhody
07-02-2000, 06:21 PM
Garth was at the Bluebird Cafe on Feb 11th. It was Garth, Pat Alger, Tony Arata, Kent Blazy and Ty England. I know this because I missed my Garth moment by ONE STINKING DAY!! I was there on the 10th. I'm still upset!
<br>
<br>
<br>Diana N