PDA

View Full Version : My Radio station is anti Garth!

Garth_FANtasizer
06-30-2000, 08:00 AM
I am so mad right now!
<br>
<br>I have been e-mailing and calling my radio station for weeks trying to get "WYCBTMA" played.
<br>
<br>I kept getting the run around from all the DJ's telling me to call at a different time or that it isn't up to them, and to write to the program director.
<br>
<br>Well, finally after several letters to the program director, he replied to me saying that the station (WNUC 107.7) would never snub Garth (which is what I accused them of) and he told me that they have been playing the song. Anytime I wanted to hear it, just call and request it. (duh, what does he think I've been doing for weeks!)
<br>
<br>OK.. Just a few minutes ago I called and requested the song. This is what the DJ told me.
<br>
<br>First he said we don't have it. When I told him that the program director said they did have it and hae been playing it, he said well, maybe at night they do, but he doesn't. He said Garth doesn't fit their daytime programming because he isn't country, and he doesn't appeal to their targeted listeners! I said what planet are you from? I then went on a tirade and said "Are you telling me that "Oh I love the way you, love the way you love me" fits your COUNTRY program more?" He told me his targeted listeners are males. Then he said "ok well, thanks for listening, see ya!" I replied "Don't count on it!"
<br>
<br>ugh! I am boiling mad!
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

Pilgrim
06-30-2000, 03:24 PM
*ROFLMAO*:):):):):):)
<br>
<br>I get a VERY funny picture out of this:;):)
<br>
<br>I think I could make a movie about that phonecall;);)
<br>
<br>Thanks for the laugh (I oknow it wasn't intented that way:P) I sure would have given anything to see the face of that DJ:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

honky
06-30-2000, 04:37 PM
Ann,
<br>
<br>WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT? What did he/she mean by "Garth isn't country?"
<br>
<br>Geez.. maybe you should tell your friends to call in and request for it!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

SweetGBFan
06-30-2000, 07:47 PM
Im sure this DJ is the exception to the rule. To say Garth is not country is like saying the Empire State Building is not that tall!!! I know my radio station plays Garth all the time. Today at work I heard at least one GB song every hour including WYCBTMA!! Dont worry Im sure most country stations still think Garth is plenty country!!!N

littlebit
07-03-2000, 04:10 PM
Ann,
<br>
<br>I'm having the same problem. And KZLA didn't like the idea when i told them i'm sick of what i have been hearing! The only time they play Garth consistently is when he's in town. I'm sick of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill! I'm originaly from North Carolina. And they sure don't fit my idea of country! KISS maybe. When the put WYCBTMA on that show After Midnite where they pick or flick the song, WYCBTMA had a 90 percent rating. Now they have everybody calling from all over and i think that says more than Billboard ever could!
<br>
<br>deAnnalynn N

honky
07-03-2000, 04:53 PM
littlebit,
<br>
<br>I am going to request the song!!!
<br>
<br>I can't believe that some stations are so ignorant!!
<br>
<br>Yes, I am also tired of Faith and Tim!!
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN