PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Cars

GarthLVR88
06-29-2000, 05:30 PM
I was just thinking...."when I'm out on the road, I always check out EVERY blue Chevy King Cab Duelly...what if that's NOT what he's driving today?" So, I wanna know...How many cars does Garth drive? What kind? What color? I gotta find him! I know you guys have seen a bunch of them, so share the wealth. Thanks! :)
<br>
<br>RachelN

Chris Gaines
06-29-2000, 05:35 PM
well I know of 5 vehicles..
<br>
<br>1) The Chevy dually
<br>2) Green Jeep Wrangler
<br>3) Yellow Jeep Wrangler (Sandy's Jeep)
<br>4) Black Lincoln Navigator
<br>5) Very very old red pickup LOL
<br>
<br>I think ?? anyone know any more?
<br>JasonN

cowgirl14
06-29-2000, 05:38 PM
I think Garth has 3 to 5 cars two for Sandy two for him and the rest for the road like small little detours to go and pick up the kids from swimming class. Thanks LOVE YA Joey N

cowgirl14
06-29-2000, 05:44 PM
Sorry Chris but you bet me to the Submit Button my mistake about two cars for Sandy so let me get this clear but Garth has 4 cars and Sandy has 1! THATS A LITTLE UNFAIR:(! But thats the true I guess. N

Garth Da Man
06-29-2000, 06:19 PM
When I met Sandy last summer she was driving a beige Chevy dually...or is that the one you are talking about Jason? N

GarthLVR88
06-30-2000, 05:53 AM
Da Man-
<br>I think the "duelly" Jason is referring to is the famed "Blue Chevy Duelly King Cab." LOL, Right J?? I had no idea they had so many cars...but if ya got it, flaunt it! :)
<br>
<br>RachelN

Madhatter
06-30-2000, 08:50 AM
I've seen Sandy in a new tan sport utility Lexus and also I've seen Garth in a tan dually as well as a dark blue one...
<br>
<br>Have a great day,
<br>Trishy
<br>
<br>N

GarthLVR88
06-30-2000, 09:30 AM
Well, isn't my face red...I think I've misspelled "dually" twice...Thanks for the info Trish! Long time no see. :)
<br>
<br>Rachel
<br>
<br>P.S. Whatever the yellow SUV he has is, it has new tires...someone here in OK saw him buyin' some new ones..;)N

PJ
06-30-2000, 10:27 AM
I've seen Garth in a blue Chevy Tahoe and a brown Chevy Suburban as well.N

PJ
06-30-2000, 10:29 AM
I didn't realize Garth had Wranglers as well as Chevys. Just something else we have in common! :)N

Pilgrim
06-30-2000, 02:37 PM
Why so many cars when he can only drive one at a time??:P
<br>
<br>BrianN

thedance_2000
06-30-2000, 03:07 PM
Garth has been seen in so many cars,m any of which are likely not even his. Some of which he dosen't own anymore.
<br>
<br>I know for a fact the only red chevy silverado that soemone mentioned was auctioned off a few years ago. It went to the guy that owns the grizzly rose in Denver, Colorado.
<br>
<br>I like his black Navigator best myself!
<br>
<br>Luv Yas,
<br>Kate
<br>
<br>By the way if I had that much money I'd only need two cars....
<br>
<br>an SUV(most any type)
<br>and a late 60's Shelby Mustang Cobra
<br>
<br>but I don't think Garth is into speed, just powerN

PJ
06-30-2000, 06:10 PM
I thought Garth just rented black Navigators when he traveled, but didn't think he owned one.N

cowgirl14
06-30-2000, 06:22 PM
I just got something to say:"Cowboy Garth take me away." Cowboy:"Sure after I ride my new Chevy Truck!" Me:"Forget it!"N

Chris Gaines
06-30-2000, 06:30 PM
PJ,
<br>
<br>Every Navigator he's been in had "Tennessee" plates.. from LA to New York to Florida.. :)
<br>
<br>I think he owns it :)
<br>
<br>Yup Rach I was talking about the Blue Dually :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Chris Gaines
06-30-2000, 06:32 PM
correction.. he had the Blue Dually in Florida LOL
<br>
<br>:x
<br>
<br>JasonN

GarthLVR88
07-01-2000, 12:43 PM
thedance_2000:
<br>Did you see the interview of Garth on Queen Latifah the day after the Oscars? He stated there that "I'm made for comfort, not for speed." ;) Apparently, his cars are the same way. :)
<br>
<br>RachelN

Dancer
07-01-2000, 04:00 PM
Maybe by owning so many cars Garth thinks that it will be harder for us to spot him out. But if that is the case, we are ahead of him because someone here always seems to know what he is doing or where he is going. Also having so many cars would mean that Garth has a pretty big garage to keep them in. His buddy Jay Leno has a nice car collection I hear, but Jay's cars are more vintage. What if all of these cars he is spotted in are actually owned by him. If he got tired with one and wanted to sell it, does he put it on his front lawn by the gates or does he go through a dealership? If he put it out by his gates, he would have a ton of people wanting to see the car just so they say that they were in one or drove one of his cars.N

thedance_2000
07-01-2000, 08:18 PM
Well I don't think Garth needs the money from seeling his cars like normal people, so I think he sort of just keeps them. He had that 86' Chevy until like 97/98... just isn't in a hurry to get rid of them.
<br>
<br>KateN

Garth Da Man
07-02-2000, 09:44 AM
Yesterday, I read in the June 23 edition of Entertainment Weekly magazine (one with Jim Carrey on the front) that Garth drove a stretch hummer. (at the top of page 18).N

nelty
07-02-2000, 10:15 AM
Garth??? drives a hummer??? I don't think so.
<br>
<br>Hummer is a great car but it's one of the MOST uncomfortable car too.
<br>
<br>and like Rachel said, Garth likes comfort...
<br>
<br>NellyN

sasteen
07-02-2000, 12:10 PM
What is a hummer?N

nelty
07-02-2000, 12:18 PM
A hummer is a Army Truck... kinda
<br>
<br>It's huge and square like form. I dont' know how else to discribe it...
<br>
<br>go here http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=hummer and you will see a pic of a hummer. it's small but it will do..
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
07-02-2000, 04:01 PM
Garth in an Hummer?? *LOL* I would sure like to see that:)
<br>
<br>http://www.hummer.com/
<br>
<br>BrianN

GarthLVR88
07-02-2000, 04:24 PM
Wow!! That's really cool about the hummer! Now in EW, did it say "Garth Brooks drives a stretch hummer..." Or was it like "he's been spotted driving one..." lol! I'm interested..can you quote it in your next post?!
<br>
<br>Nelly
<br>Heh, I still remember the look on Queen Latifah's face when he said that...:eek: Comfort.....not speed. :p
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

Garth Da Man
07-02-2000, 06:19 PM
I can't see our Garth driving a hummer more than anyone else can but that is what it says! :) LOL Remember "don't believe everything you hear or read." :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>I looked for the article in the archives of EW Online and they haven't updated the Garth articles since January 2000, so sorry there isn't a link. Hopefully someone else on here can confirm that they saw it too. Anyone????
<br>
<br>Here ya go Rachel...and everyone else! Here is the whole article (page 18 of the June 23, 2000 issue) :
<br>
<br>
Actors love to stretch, but this isn't exactly what Stanislavsky had in mind. From Lamborghinis to '39 Chevys, extending one's ride to limo lengths is a booming new Hollywood business. According to Ultra Coach-builder's Vini Bergeman, a pioneer of stretching cars, any auto can go long, even a VW Bug, though the process can cost up to $1 million. "I started doing this because people just wanted weird stuff," says Bergeman. Popular stretches include Navigators (Snoop Dogg), Hummers (Sisqo, Arnold Schwarzenegger,and GARTH BROOKS), and Excursions. But skip the Jacuzzi, unless you want to wear an underwater seat belt. Not to stretch the point, but high-visibility stars like the Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, and George Hamilton opt for regular-size models, while Michael Jackson tools around in a Lincoln Town Car-tinted windows, natch.
<br>-Martine Bury
<br><P>(This message has been edited by Garth Da Man)<P>(This message has been edited by Garth Da Man)N

GarthLVR88
07-02-2000, 07:01 PM
Thanks! That's really weird, but very cool. :) Garth in a stretch hummer...must be that POWERFUL side coming out in him.....;)
<br>

Chris Gaines
07-02-2000, 10:41 PM
Rach,
<br>
<br>Hummers are not powerful :x
<br>
<br>takes like 10 seconds or more to get up to 60 miles an hour :x
<br>
<br>
<br>LOL ;)
<br>JasonN

AZamy77
07-03-2000, 02:09 AM
He drove a black Navigator at ST in '99, but it had no license plates on it, just a dealer's ad.....
<br>
<br>I have to think, after seeing someone chasing after Garth as he was leaving one day,(in a Malibu) that Garth wants the power of a fast engine to get away from psycho's...so that Navigator just blew 'em away. I saw it happen a couple of times. Garth would make a great police officer the way he can drive. :) He, after all, polices himself! After all, who's the best bodyguard of Garth than Garth himself? 'Da Man has good taste in vehicles. Sandy drove a really nice van when she was here, with the carseats that pull out of the seats. I think Allie and August still needed one then. :) Keepin' that precious cargo safe.N

PJ
07-03-2000, 04:40 AM
I actually canceled my subscription to EW due to its continue wrong information and unpleasantness towards Garth so I will believe Garth drives a stretch hummer when I see it.
<br>
<br>I do remember one being shown full of Garthnutts at one of the Donny & Marie tapings. If any of them are on here, maybe they can tell us who's hummer it actually was.N

GarthLVR88
07-03-2000, 11:00 AM
PJ-
<br>How weird! I was just thinking of that! I remember the stretch hummer on Donnie & Marie too. I have it on tape...somewhere. Maybe that's the one they were referring too....perhaps the G-man has it somewhere...I guess we'll never know!
<br>

nelty
07-03-2000, 11:14 AM
Hi Rachel.
<br>
<br>There was a stretch hummer at donny and marie... I didn't think it was Garth's. They said they rent it from some place.
<br>
<br>I still don't think Garth would have a hummer. I really don't think so. Sure Garth likes weird things... I don't know I guess I have to hear it from him or see it to believe it..
<br>
<br>NellyN

Dancer
07-03-2000, 08:42 PM
There is absolutely no way Garth drives a Hummer! I am not saying anyone here is right or wrong. If you think about it, there is no way a Hummer can fit through a Taco Bell drive thru. And we all know that Taco Bell is his favorite restaurant. :) There sure are a lot of Garth sightings around the country. Although he is not currently touring musically, he is on a one-thousand city Taco Bell tour. He may not actually care for many of the cars he drives. All he is doing is trying to find out which car looks best pulling up to a drive thru window. :) Garth, don't feel bad, because I love Taco Bell just as much! :):)N

jacsan1451
07-05-2000, 12:03 PM
Mu hubby works at a Jeep store. He will be so proud to know that Garth and Sandy own two Jeeps. Maybe I should send Garth one of my hubby's business cards in case he ever needs a new Jeep! My hubby can give him a great deal! LOL :) JackieN

GarthLVR88
07-05-2000, 12:24 PM
Dancer!
<br>LMAO! :) That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. But..come on. You and I both know NO ONE loves Taco Bell as much as Garth! ;)
<br>
<br>Jacsan!
<br>Wow! I need a Jeep for when I turn 16...where do ya live? lol. Get me a good deal! You know I'll only play the BEST music inside of that Jeep! ;)
<br>