PDA

View Full Version : Bringing up Fond Memories

Garthfan92
06-28-2000, 06:05 PM
I have been listening to Garth's music for almost 8 years now. This July 4th will be 8 exactly. I won't go into the whole story of July 4th 1992, but I found something very funny when a talk with my sister got me looking in my diary I was keeping at the time. I always knew I had gotten hooked on Garth in one day, but I didn't realize just how badly and how fast I got hooked until looking in my diary from '92. From July 5th on, I started mentioning Garth almost every single day! I guess part of it was the fact that there was also a concert coming up the end of August, but I just found it hysterical looking back at what I wrote! I was wondering if anyone else has looked back at an old diary or anything to see how much they mentioned Garth and anything related to him. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I still kept a diary!
<br>
<br>LisaN

Pilgrim
06-29-2000, 01:45 PM
*LOL* Thanks for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>I never wrote a diary;);) So I don't know how much I mentioned him.
<br>
<br>But I suppose it was a lot compared to normal Danish standards:)
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

fuzzwuzz
06-29-2000, 06:32 PM
Gee, I guess my diary will have to be whatever I share here with you good people!N

AZamy77
06-29-2000, 07:08 PM
Awwww That's so sweet, Lisa! :)
<br>
<br>I guess since I've never kept a diary, I'm with fuzzwuzz, and PG is the only "diary" I have ever written in. I'm glad to be able to share my diary with you all! Fill us in more Lisa! :)N

Garthfan92
06-30-2000, 06:07 PM
I only started keeping a diary when I got one as a Christmas gift in '91. The pages were dated, so that kept me faithfully writing in it every day. I just got a blank journal for the next year, so I usually just wrote every 2-3 days. I guess I stopped sometime early in '93. Most of what I wrote was just about being anxious to get concert tickets and things like that, and other day-to-day things going on at school and stuff. Looking back at it, I can't remember half of the things I wrote about actually happening. A lot of it was pretty trivial, but I'm kind of glad now I have a reminder. I have proof that my Garth ESP started early! Seems like I had a knack for changing radio stations just as a Garth song started, or going into a store at the right time to hear one on the radio there, from the very beginning. It makes me think about starting up again with a diary!
<br>
<br>LisaN