PDA

View Full Version : Garth award

Hawk7lte
06-28-2000, 04:01 PM
Ah wanted this post to be special - it's my 1000 one.
<br>
<br>Came on this board during sad and troubled times.(Though ah'd been here before at least a year prior - posting seldom) Watched it develop, solidify and turn into something Garth would be even more proud to have his name attached to. :):):):):):):):)for all the posters, monitors, and of course Brandon :):):):):)
<br>
<br>Learned to really enjoy the moments here. Interested especially in what makes Garth so special to you all.
<br>
<br>Through the process of 1000 posts I've learned so much about you all, the Planet Garth, all kinds of topics, events, charities, fun posts, games, poems and stories, and of course about the man - Garth. You're all good people who take care of Garth, each other, and help the newcomers too. I like it here; I like all of you good people.
<br>
<br>Got to thinking though if there is one award that I enjoyed seeing Garth get the most - if there is one award that sums Garth up the best - if there is one award that I think might have touched him deepest - and identified a core trait of his(Though some of those musical awards are outstanding).
<br>I really think it is the "Sportsman Award" that he received after baseball training this year.
<br>
<br>Garth is through and through - a true gentleman with a great and caring heart.
<br>
<br>
<br>Bless ya' all,
<br>Ah'm glad this star, Garth has you all to keep his light shining bright.
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by Hawk7lte)N

Garthmedic
06-28-2000, 04:53 PM
Congrats, Hawk. We are glad you're here :)
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N

garthsgirl
06-28-2000, 05:12 PM
Hey Hawk, congratulations. We're lucky to have you. LisaN

gbfans66
06-28-2000, 06:30 PM
There should be just a plain old good old guy award. Something like that would be nice for Garth. Or maybe an award for remaining down to earth. He hasn't changed at all over the years. I first met him in 1990 and have followed him since. I last met him during his marathon signing at fan fair. He was still the same. He's the only person I let call me ma'am. The only problem I have with that is that I'm younger than him. I know it's because of how he was raised & that's why I let it go. He is just an all around good guy who hasn't let the success go to his head. That's the kind of award I'd give him.
<br>
<br>JillN

honky
06-28-2000, 08:07 PM
CONGRATULATION HAWK!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>I agree, the "Rookie of the Year Award" should be a very special one for Garth.
<br>
<br>
<br>KEEP UP THE GOOD POSTS!
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Hawk7lte
06-28-2000, 08:38 PM
Jill
<br>
<br>A good ole boy award - :cool: Your post makes me smile. Sounds like 'em.
<br>
<br>
<br>And thanks for the congrats you guys.
<br>
<br>:)
<br>Hawk
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
06-29-2000, 02:01 PM
Hawk
<br>
<br>It's SOOOO great to have you around here:):):)
<br>
<br>You have SO many interesting things to say:):)
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N