PDA

View Full Version : Garth Cass Tape

nelty
06-24-2000, 09:03 AM
Hi,
<br>
<br>just wondering. Garth's total sales includes the CDs right? But what happen with the Cass tapes. There are people who still buy the tapes instead of CDs. Do they count as a sale?
<br>
<br>NellyN

Chris Gaines
06-24-2000, 12:59 PM
Nelly,
<br>
<br>total ALBUM sales include ALL forms of it..
<br>
<br>CDs, Cassette, and Vinyl. :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

nelty
06-24-2000, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jason.
<br>
<br>Darn!!! I was thinking maybe Garth's sales are higher now. Oh well. :-)
<br>
<br>NellyN

Teach
06-24-2000, 02:21 PM
I always buy a CD and a cassette tape because my van has a cassette player and I could not drive if I did not have any GB music. :)N

Pilgrim
06-24-2000, 02:28 PM
I only buy CD's or Vinyls;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

nelty
06-24-2000, 04:39 PM
what is a vinyl?
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
06-25-2000, 02:21 AM
Are you kidding me??
<br>
<br>Vinyl is the old LP's ;);)
<br>
<br>BrianN

gbfans66
06-25-2000, 03:22 AM
I have the first 2 GB albums on vinyl. I usually buy the cassette for my van, but have them all on CD also. My ex husband took our record player but I finally have another so I can listen to those first 2 records at home. I don't have a CD player but my kids do so now I can hear the old stuff on an actual stereo. :)N

nelty
06-25-2000, 08:23 AM
Garth releases vinyl too??? I didn't know that.
<br>
<br>NellyN

gbfans66
06-25-2000, 09:35 AM
Nelly,
<br>
<br>I bought them from one of those mail order (bmg or columbia house) several years back. As far as I know the first 2 albums were the only ones on vinyl, but I made sure I had them!!N

nelty
06-25-2000, 10:15 AM
Thanks. gbfans66:-)
<br>
<br>Very :cool:
<br>
<br>NellyN

Pilgrim
06-25-2000, 01:56 PM
I have
<br>Garth Brooks
<br>No Fences
<br>Ropin' The Wind
<br>The Chase
<br>
<br>And 5 singles.
<br>
<br>All on vinyl:)
<br>
<br>Now Lester, out Elvis fan, he has EVERYTHING!!!!
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N

nelty
06-25-2000, 07:08 PM
Really????
<br>
<br>well. I have to go find them don't I... :eek:
<br>
<br>NellyN

elvisfanforever
06-25-2000, 09:43 PM
C'mon Brian!!:rolleyes:
<br>As you know, I work my butt off on getting Garth's music on vinyl, but I still don't have The Chase, and you do!! Wanna sell it??!!:rolleyes::)
<br>For information purposes,Garth's first 4 albums were released on vinyl, but in super limited quantities. That's because that's when CD's started coming out was almost exactly when Garth's career (nationally) started..late'80s-early'90s.
<br>For the record companies to produce a vinyl record, they claim it costs about $1.50 more than it does to make a CD. That's what hurt the vinyl record part of the music industry. Simply, with the lower manufacturing cost of a CD, they made higher profits.
<br>Do the record companies still make vinyl records? YES!!,but on an even more incredibly limited basis!!!
<br>Last fall, I was trying to find out all I could as far as how much of Garth's music was ever released on vinyl, and I called Capitol Records in Nashville to find out what I could.
<br>The person I talked to said that he couldn't get that information for me, because it was on microfilm, but I asked, and he confirmed that they still issue vinyl records on a 'per request basis' if the recording artist, such as Garth, requests it.
<br>The types of vinyl that are alive today are:
<br>1.) The one I mentioned above 'artist request basis'.
<br>2.) 'Custom Pressings'. These are made for places like clubs that still use turntables for their entertainment, and dance floors. I have just one, with some of Garth's Chris Gaines music that was issued in 1999!!!!! Is that a mindblower or what??!!:rolleyes:(Tell THAT to some one who tells you record are not being made anymore!!):P
<br>3.) These are called 'jukebox issue 45s' and are made on the basis that places like your local small bar or restaraunt still has a jukebox that plays vinyl records...thus they produce the new hit songs on these 45s so the patrons can listen to current hits. Basically, the idea is, and is probably true, that to get a jukebox that plays CDs it costs a lot of money, which some small business owners might not be able to afford!! I have songs as new as "Lost In You"(Chris Gaines) and "Do What You Gotta Do" (from Garth's 7's album) on vinyl jukebox issue 45s. These were both released in 1999. Haven't seen anything come out in 2000 yet, but the only thing Garth has released this year is "When You Come Back To Me Again" and that is not even released commercially to the fans! Will it ever be? I've been lucky enough to have someone offer to burn me a copy of the song for my CD Player..!
<br>In about 1992 is when the United States stopped making commercial record albums and 45s that you could walk in to a record store and buy. (I think The Chase was released in 1992!.."lucky Brian"!!):rolleyes::)
<br>But countries overseas such as the United Kingdom-Great Britain, Holland, and Germany, released commercial vinyl records at least into the mid '90s, about '94 or '95, I think! Some of the coolest things I own are commercially made 45s with Picture Sleeves!!, absolutely NONE are madein the United States, and these treasures I have found, were made in the United Kingdom-Great Britain, and Germany.
<br>They can still be found and bought!, most of my stuff I bought through E Bay and Yahoo!
<br>The one and only time I ever found The Chase was on E Bay, when irritatingly enough!!!...,I was having financial problems at the time and couldn't bid on it!:mad:
<br>:rolleyes:Lucky, Lucky, You!...Brian!!:rolleyes::):cool:
<br>It's taken me about a year to a year and a half to get my Garth music, and yes I buy a lot of things besides vinyl records, but, they have a very special place in my heart!:) I have tons of CDs and some cassettes too!
<br>Finding some of these things has been a lot of hard work, but it can be done, and my collection is still growing!! Thanks for the compliment Brian!!, you're a cool guy.!! Y'all have a nice day. time for me to get some sleep!! See ya' later!:)
<br>Lester:)N

Pilgrim
06-26-2000, 01:45 AM
*ROFL* Lester:):)
<br>
<br>If I had known they would be THAT hard to find again, I would have bought multiple copies of each:):):)
<br>
<br>I have tried almost everything to track down the 4 vinyls, and it is simply impossible:mad:
<br>
<br>Still, I won't give up:):) If I find some place where they have some vinyls I make sure to buy everything:):)
<br>
<br>I can't believe that The Chase seem to be so rare either:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>I mean, all my vinyls were just bought, like everything else, and the most funny part about it is that Garth Brooks and No Fences was ordered AFTER 1992, because I got Ropin' The Wind and The Chase in 92:)
<br>
<br>I thank YOU for your compliment:cool:
<br>
<br>Brian:)N

countyfair_85
06-26-2000, 02:11 AM
Originally I had purchased all of Garth's music in 1995 in cassette form and I do still have most of them...some got worn out from listening to them so much! ;) This was with a portable cassette player at the time as well...then over the years I purchased a portable cd player and all of Garth's albums on cd's...but in my vehicle I had a cassette player yet and having both cd's and cassettes were beneficial until I got a cd player for Christmas one year for my vehicle...now the cassettes are no longer used.
<br>
<br>I do have a vinal 45' record of "The Beaches Of Cheyenne" that a friend sent to me as a gift...this 45' record was made for the radio station... she has a friend at the radio station that gives her all of the Garth stuff they get...and she shares it with me.
<br>She also sent a cd single of "The Change" and unique shows from the radio station that were on cd's also...later transferred to cassette form.
<br>So...these things are out there...and if you make a friend with a dj...you might end up with some of them! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>N

CountrySpirit
06-26-2000, 09:22 PM
I don't mean to offend anyone so I'm sorry if I do
<br>I just wanted to say that the fact that there are people in the world today(and i've run into several of them) who do not know what vinyl is make me feel very very old.
<br>
<br>DaniN

elvisfanforever
06-27-2000, 11:59 PM
It is a real shame for a person to not know what vinyl records are. Although they are not now the dominant form for entertainment that they once were, it has only been 7 or 8 years since they were available everywhere! The person or people who do not know what vinyl records are must be extremely young, and not had anyone to show them or teach them about the history and forms of entertainment.
<br>That is inexcusably disgusting and sad at the same time.
<br>Just as countries learn to respect their war veterans and learn about past wars, things like the entertainment industry and its past forms should be taught to today's younger generation. They should learn respect and appreciation for the vinyl records, as well as the history of the entertainment industry.
<br>Vinyl records started, I believe, in the 1940's and have lasted dominantly until the early to mid 1990's, although they are not as dominant today, they are not dead yet! This means they have served us well for almost 60 years. They were the way, along with radio and TV, that entertainment really started! This started MANY, MANY, years ago, with Victrola 78's and the old cylinders that played on the Victrolas. They hung on through time, and improved their quality drastically!!
<br>They stayed with us when the entertainment industry tried other forms such as music on reel to reel tape, 8-track tapes, and cassette tapes, even though they are still alive. (I have heard, strictly through the grapevine, that cassettes are the next thing the record companies would like to phase out!!)
<br>When CDs were invented, vinyl records were given a hard and shameful 'kick in the butt!' by the record companies that named themselves after exactly that!!..vinyl records!! They phased out vinyl records without even trying to give the music buying public a choice , of vinyl records, CD, (or cassette, also).
<br>The record companies basically shoved CDs down our throats!!, and if anyone would have wanted to stay with vinyl and not buy CDs, their attitude was "Oh well,..too bad!!" They disgraced themselves and didn't respect their own industry's history!! They also showed the buying public, who make up their profit, that they didn't care enough to even offer you a choice of what form of entertainment, you would like, if you were someone who didn't care for CDs and would prefer to stay with vinyl records, that was just too bad!~!!
<br>Surprize!, Surprize!, you get no choice!! (Except for cassettes) The only reason vinyl is here today, in any quantity, is the record companies have been forced by recording artists and their fans, to give people a choice! A past friend of mine ran a used record shop, and told me about one time just a few years ago, when Neil Young, formerly of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young,..recorded an album, and then requested his label Reprise Records(a division of Warner Brothers) issue a small quantity of records for his fans who still prefer vinyl records! He was told by a record company executive, that they don't make records anymore, and wouldn't honor his request! (As a lot of us know, Neil Young has been around since the '60s and made his record company a HUGE CHUNK!!of money!!) Anyway, when the record company executive told him that they wouldn't honor his request, Neil completely lost it, and told him off!!, in no uncertain terms!! Neil told the record company executive what he thought of him(and that's putting it "oh so nicely!!") and told him point blank that they WOULD make vinyl copies of that record or "his attorney would do the talking!!",..aka, they would get sued!! Guess what??..his record label backed down, and pressed vinyl copies of that album,..after all!! I know this for a fact because I was shown a beautiful pressing of it!!
<br>Anyway, people, especially younger ones, should be taught the history of the entertainment industry, and learn respect and appreciation for vinyl records!!
<br>Without them the entertainment industry, especially the music part of it, probably would not be around today!!
<br>We owe vinyl records an eternal debt of gratitude, and respect!
<br>'Nuff Said'..
<br>Have A Great Day, Garth Fans,...
<br>Lester
<br>:)N

elvisfanforever
06-28-2000, 05:31 AM
By the way, I don't want anyone, to feel like I'm pointing fingers or offending them if they don't know about Vinyl Records, or Records. These two items are one and the same. I like to call them 'Vinyl Records' because during the '60s and early '70s Records were made of pure vinyl, making them very heavy! During the mid to late '70s and later on they were not made of vinyl anymore, just some kind of plastic, I believe the material was called polystyrene, which made them very light and flimsy! That explains what the term 'vinyl record' is all about. Anyone, including me, could call them just 'records' and mean the exact same thing.
<br>The whole subject of records hits a lot of nerves with me, and I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone.
<br>If I did, I apologize.
<br>Although I have a deep love and appreciation for records in my heart, they are NOT the only form of entertainment! I own a lot of CDs, and continue to buy them today, just like everyone else.
<br>I did feel then, and do still feel now, that it is an extremely interesting subject, with a lot of discussion potential.
<br>Thank You,
<br>Lester
<br><P>(This message has been edited by elvisfanforever)<P>(This message has been edited by elvisfanforever)N

loreli
06-28-2000, 05:39 AM
Lester and Brian,
<br>
<br>I happen to have seen some Garth Vinyls in a specialty CD store. Do you guys want me to check and see what they are?? I'd get them for you. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

elvisfanforever
06-28-2000, 05:48 AM
Lori:
<br>Yes, that would be great if you could check them out!
<br>Even if it's something I do own, it never hurts to have an extra copy!
<br>Thanks,
<br>Lester
<br>:)N

Pilgrim
06-28-2000, 02:26 PM
Very cool Lori:):)
<br>
<br>That would be good:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garth2Gaines
06-29-2000, 05:47 PM
Don't forget about me:) I really really want the "The Chase" lp/vinyl too <begging>
<br>
<br>I've got Garth Brooks (2, 1 sealed) and No Fences and Ropin' the Wind (UK & US, the US is sealed). But no "the chase" :( Even got the Kiss tribute and Voices that care on vinyl (both sealed). BUT no The Chase.
<br>
<br>Did I say I want the Chase on vinyl yet? :)
<br>
<br>I'm only 7 pieces away from 200 GB recorded things. Lp, minidiscs, tapes, cds, and 45's. That includes multible copies of some stuff.
<br>
<br>dwayne N

33Lynn
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Someone please tell me where you are buying the cassette tapes. I need to purchase some cassette tapes of Garth Brooks, No Fences. Also, I would like to buy other musicians. It needs to be on the internet and preferably to pay with paypal.
Thank you,
~Lynn

Chris Gaines
11-09-2005, 05:12 PM
I would try eBay since all Garth's cassette tapes are now discontinued.

beckysue59
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Someone please tell me where you are buying the cassette tapes. I need to purchase some cassette tapes of Garth Brooks, No Fences. Also, I would like to buy other musicians. It needs to be on the internet and preferably to pay with paypal.
Thank you,
~Lynn

Try here:

http://search.ebay.com/garth-brooks-cassette-tape_W0QQfromZR40

or here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=s_sf_pm/002-6772719-6984832

Chris Gaines
11-09-2005, 05:23 PM
seems amazon link is broke to me... but the eBay one works...

beckysue59
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
seems amazon link is broke to me... but the eBay one works...

Huh...that's weird. It didn't work for me either, and I was just there.

Maybe this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002UWB/qid=1131574763/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/002-6772719-6984832?v=glance&s=music