PDA

View Full Version : ireland and back

tearin' it up
06-23-2000, 06:33 AM
how come on ireland and back,he doesnt sing his usual songs like shameless,much too young,the thunder rolls,standing outside the fire,a.h.t.b.association,and the dance?N

honky
06-23-2000, 08:15 AM
How come?
<br>
<br>Ummm... from what I remember, Garth did "Friends in Low Places", "Unanswer Prayers", "The River", "We Shall Be Free", and "Beaches of Cheyne"... :)
<br>
<br>Maybe the broadcasted version did not include "Shameless", "Much To Young"... etc.
<br>
<br>
<br>Honestly, I am happy to hear "The Ol' Stuff" and "That ol' wind" :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Dancer
06-23-2000, 08:34 AM
I remember reading somewhere a while back that they only videorecorded certain songs for the "Ireland and Back" special. The concert that took place there in Ireland was a full-blown Garth concert that included all the regular songs he does on tour. It might have been here but I can't remember; that the song "The Dance" on the double live album was actually recorded from the ireland concert, but the song was not included in the television broadcast. Yes, I personally would have loved to see some other songs done on the Ireland special myself.N

tearin' it up
06-23-2000, 03:09 PM
unanswered prayers on double live is from ireland+back ,right?N

Pilgrim
06-23-2000, 04:27 PM
Yep UP on DL is from TIAB:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Helena
07-11-2000, 01:27 PM
Just catching up ong the Forums as I have been on holidays (vacation).
<br>
<br>Ireland and Back was made up from 3 different concerts in Croke Park. I was there on the first night and I know that there were quite a few of his big hits that he didn't sing that night.
<br>
<br>also re Unanswered Prayers on DL. I believe that this was recorded during his first visit to Ireland in 1994, at the Point, not Croke Park.
<br>
<br>HelenaN

gbfan7
07-13-2000, 02:34 PM
I think (but it's been a while since I watched the special) that the version of Unanswered Prayers on DL is the same as To Ireland & Back. There is an audience screw up on both. Garth continues to sing and then the audience picks up & they continue instead of ending the song. Anyone know for sure? It seems like a lot of the songs on DL were the same as on the special.N

SHAMROCK
07-16-2000, 02:05 PM
<br>
<br>Unanswered Prayers was from Croke Park as was The Dance. I was there all 3 nights and Garth played all the big hits. If u listen closely to DL then watch Ireland & Back u can tell that parts of The Fever, Callin Baton Rouge etc.. are also from Dublin. On a tv special here just after Croke Park was recorded they showed The Dance and Shameless live from Croke Park. VERY COOL.N

angelamccann
07-16-2000, 02:10 PM
Shamrock, where are you? If it's not a silly question - I'd be interested to know where those clips were shown, since my recording of IAB doesn't include them and I would *love* to know how The Dance in particular comes out...
<br>
<br>Angela xN