PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks 'Officially Announced' as part of the Napster lawsuit.

Chris Gaines
06-23-2000, 05:11 AM
During Press release for Limp Bizkit's upcoming tour:
<br>
<br>
Thursday June 22 05:47 AM EDT
<br>
<br>Limp Bizkit Firm Up Free Tour
<br>
<br>Call it "The Pirate Tour." Admitting fans on a first-come, first-served basis, Limp Bizkit are holding a series of free concerts, made possible by Napster, the controversial company currently under fire by the RIAA as well as a whole slew of musicians from Metallica to Garth Brooks. Limp Bizkit may not be the company's most vocal advocate (that would be Chuck D.), but this tour definitely puts Fred Durst and Co. in bed with the music-file-swapping company. Kicking off on the Fourth of July in Chicago, Limp Bizkit head out with Cypress Hill for the ten-city tour, which wraps up in Hollywood Aug. 6.
<br>
<br>Jason :)N

honky
06-23-2000, 05:15 AM
Is Napster the site which has all the songs for downloading? :eek:
<br>
<br>Well.... it's hard to have a lawsuit against Napster.... :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Chris Gaines
06-23-2000, 05:19 AM
Yes Tommy,
<br>
<br>Napster is the site that has MP3's for trading...
<br>
<br>The RIAA and the "slew" of artists want "Studio" songs OFF the site. Or have Napster pay royalties for every song that is recorded in the studio.
<br>
<br>(Which could be like billions of bucks.. by the time this ends LOL)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Y@nkee
06-23-2000, 11:27 AM
Well, Napster is in violation of ASCAP rulings... :rolleyes: ...and there's another music-affiliated group that I forget the name of right this moment that guarantees royalites are paid to the artists and writers when their songs are played on jukeboxes, etc.
<br>
<br>It would not surprise me to see Garth's name included in the lawsuit against Napster though. :eek: Look at how he took a stand against the selling of used CDs. :P For every used CD of Garth's music resold, that's one less sale of a retail CD. And it's not the money, it's the principal of it all! :)
<br>
<br>~Y@nkee<P>(This message has been edited by Y@nkee)N

Pilgrim
06-23-2000, 03:10 PM
I think Garth and everybody else who sue Napster should be payed for what they have lost:)
<br>
<br>And all the money shouldn't go to the artists, but to charity:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Hawk7lte
06-23-2000, 03:29 PM
Well good for Garth (and the others). It's about time that some of the "free rides" were stopped.
<br>
<br>Ah just don't like it when someone's good nature is taken advantage of.
<br>
<br>
<br>HawkN

no1cowgirl
06-23-2000, 04:34 PM
Heck Yes! That's my boy!
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN